Hotel by Disney with everything.

trawe42

Earning My Ears
Hi,
Looking for a low priced hotel within a 10 or so min walk to Disneyland that has free parking, breakfast, and possibly free shuttle.
I want a hotel that isn't too far from Disneyland. I have Multiple Sclerosis and sometimes I have no energy at the end of the day . It's hit and miss. I'd like to have the option to walk or to ride a shuttle that is free. So I'm wondering if there is a cheap hotel near a shuttle ( I've heard Toy Story Parking shuttle). Sometimes I know that shuttles can be a bother and take forever. Sometimes I would rather walk.
To have both options would be awesome.

Looks like it's your first post on the Dis! :welcome:

What kind of price-point are you needing? My first thought would be Candy Cane Inn. The walk is 0.67 mile each way, if I'm remembering correctly. It's usually around $160. Dedicated free shuttle, so you're only having to deal with people from Candy Cane Inn, and no one else trying to get to a different hotel, or walking through the huge parking lots (like the Toy Story lots). I know they have a breakfast there as well, as well as room service for that breakfast with the more deluxe rooms.

You might also want to look into Park Vue Inn and BW Park Place Inn, which are both right across the street from the pedestrian entrance, and run about $200/night. They both have free breakfasts. We also like Tropicana (on the north side of BW Park Place Inn), though they don't have a free breakfast; I just pack Pop Tarts and eat on my way to the parks. I have some medical issues that present a lot like MS (muscle weakness, heat intolerance, and lack of muscle control), and I've found that being able to get back to my room easily--literally, just crossing the street--has been a game-changer for my trips. Then, on days when I'm really having a hard time, we can usually get me back to the hotel before things get bad, and keep it under control to allow me to get back to the parks sooner.

Candy Cane Inn. 7-8 min walk to the gate, free breakfast, free parking, and free shuttle goes to the parks every 30 mins. You can't go wrong.

Hi,
Looking for a low priced hotel within a 10 or so min walk to Disneyland that has free parking, breakfast, and possibly free shuttle.
I want a hotel that isn't too far from Disneyland. I have Multiple Sclerosis and sometimes I have no energy at the end of the day . It's hit and miss. I'd like to have the option to walk or to ride a shuttle that is free. So I'm wondering if there is a cheap hotel near a shuttle ( I've heard Toy Story Parking shuttle). Sometimes I know that shuttles can be a bother and take forever. Sometimes I would rather walk.
To have both options would be awesome.

I would suggest Park Vue Inn
  • Directly across the Disneyland Esplanade (I would say about 2 minute walk)
    • one evening I forgot my sweater and went back to the hotel and went back in the park all under 10 minutes.
  • Clean rooms (even the rooms all the way in the back are very close)
  • Free hot breakfast (which is actually good)
  • Free parking
  • AAA discount on room rates
https://www.parkvueinn.com/

We have stayed at Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel and would NOT hesitate staying again at Park Vue Inn at all!!! And at the end of the day it is so nice to just walk across the street and straight in to the room.

I agree with aleh021 about parkvue, it’s my first choice when staying on Harbor. I wasn’t a fan of CCI because the walk is far and the shuttle added a lot of time at the beginning and end of the day. Park vue is especially convenient if taking a break during the day, just a quick walk across the street and you’re there. Also has hot breakfast options, CCI does not. CCI rooms are tiny too.

Walk from CCI to gates is 10 min for average able bodied adult. They are one of the only hotels with a dedicated shuttle, the rest are on the ART system loop.

While not a "hot" breakfast, certainly a better continental breakfast than most properties. CCI is not typically my first choice, but it does check all of YOUR boxes.

Desert Inn doesn't tick all the boxes (parking isn't free) but it's cheaper than the others right at the crosswalk. It's clean and basic and right there. Breakfast is a lame continental (but I prefer to get groceries and eat in the room, anyway). The reason we keep staying there is because you can get a standard room for $109 to $129 a night if you book far enough in advance, and depending on the season. I have no idea how they do that, when Park Vue, which literally shares a wall with Desert Inn, is consistently $50-80 more a night.

I agree with others saying that even though they don't have a shuttle Desert Inn and Park Vue may be good options because they are just across from the bus loading area. Being that much closer may be more convenient than the shuttle to the CCI. In your case I would not recommend a hotel that you can walk to the Toy Story lot and catch those buses from. You would have to walk to and from the parking lot, which would be more walking than staying at any of the hotels across from Disney on Harbor.

Walk from CCI to gates is 10 min for average able bodied adult. They are one of the only hotels with a dedicated shuttle, the rest are on the ART system loop.

While not a "hot" breakfast, certainly a better continental breakfast than most properties. CCI is not typically my first choice, but it does check all of YOUR boxes.

The CCI shuttle is not reliable. It didn’t show up one night when we wanted to take it after the park closed. Had to call them and they sent a little van to pick everyone up. Said the driver was on a break. I could have been in bed at park vue with the time we waited for that shuttle. Not worth it to me. Other things about CCI didn’t impress me either and I’m surprised it gets so many positive reviews

The CCI shuttle is not reliable. It didn’t show up one night when we wanted to take it after the park closed. Had to call them and they sent a little van to pick everyone up. Said the driver was on a break. I could have been in bed at park vue with the time we waited for that shuttle. Not worth it to me. Other things about CCI didn’t impress me either and I’m surprised it gets so many positive reviews

This is definitely unusual -- I would have made a point of reporting the incident to the management and to the owners. It may be a case of a problem employee. We have never had to wait for the CCI shuttle in all our stays there -- been able to time it to the minute. Drivers have been friendly and courteous -- one driver helped my parents in and out of the shuttle on every trip they took. He even waited for them on the last trip of the night if he knew they would be there because he knew they were slow walkers and needed the help. (We tipped him very generously for all his help!) We've always had excellent customer service from the CCI. If you felt that there were problems, let the management know so they can make improvements.

This is definitely unusual -- I would have made a point of reporting the incident to the management and to the owners. It may be a case of a problem employee. We have never had to wait for the CCI shuttle in all our stays there -- been able to time it to the minute. Drivers have been friendly and courteous -- one driver helped my parents in and out of the shuttle on every trip they took. He even waited for them on the last trip of the night if he knew they would be there because he knew they were slow walkers and needed the help. (We tipped him very generously for all his help!) We've always had excellent customer service from the CCI. If you felt that there were problems, let the management know so they can make improvements.

TBH we were so exhausted that night we just wanted to sleep. We were there for 4 nights and the shuttle was late a few other times too. I didn’t think the CS was good at all. The family in front of us were given candy cane pens and we got nothing. Weren’t greeted with a smile either. Other things were bad about the room. Oh well, lots of other choices on Harbor.

TBH we were so exhausted that night we just wanted to sleep. We were there for 4 nights and the shuttle was late a few other times too. I didn’t think the CS was good at all...
Of course, the choice to report the problems is totally up to you. But management cannot be expected to fix what they do not know.

TBH we were so exhausted that night we just wanted to sleep. We were there for 4 nights and the shuttle was late a few other times too. I didn’t think the CS was good at all. The family in front of us were given candy cane pens and we got nothing. Weren’t greeted with a smile either. Other things were bad about the room. Oh well, lots of other choices on Harbor.

It is a shame that you had such an experience and while understandable why you would be hesitant to return , I would hope and think it would be in the minority due to the large number of not only positive reviews here but on many travel platforms. No place has a perfect record of course and should be addressed while there. I would at least consider giving them an opportunity again as I still find they are one of the better choices along Harbor.

Of course, the choice to report the problems is totally up to you. But management cannot be expected to fix what they do not know.

I cannot stress this enough. While it may seem silly to or upsetting to bring such issues up , maybe it was an oversight , maybe the housekeeping team or front desk team missed an opportunity that could be fixed immediately. It's okay and actually important to voice concerns while on property so it gives them an opportunity to recitify the situation. Now if your concerns are ignored or not adequately adressed , then I would absolutely understand being so upset.
As consumers we all should have a choice in what we do and should all regardless of stay and accomodations be provided with the same level of courtesy and service expected.
The shuttle being late has only hapened to me once or twice there and it is because of harbor traffic, because the shuttle has to make a Uturn , and getting out of the lot can be difficult if it was peak traffic time that would be acceptable.
Now if we are talking 30-40 minutes late or not showing as you did encounter that would be frustrating and rightfully should be adressed or at least inquired about.
This advice above isn't just in regards to your stay but anyone who encounters concerns , please please ask for a manager and just express your concerns openly and honestly. Most are more than happy to listen and try to accomodate as long as you provide the feedback in a respectful manner and it actually can help improve other guests' experiences as well in the future.

It is a shame that you had such an experience and while understandable why you would be hesitant to return , I would hope and think it would be in the minority due to the large number of not only positive reviews here but on many travel platforms. No place has a perfect record of course and should be addressed while there. I would at least consider giving them an opportunity again as I still find they are one of the better choices along Harbor.

I cannot stress this enough. While it may seem silly to or upsetting to bring such issues up , maybe it was an oversight , maybe the housekeeping team or front desk team missed an opportunity that could be fixed immediately. It's okay and actually important to voice concerns while on property so it gives them an opportunity to recitify the situation. Now if your concerns are ignored or not adequately adressed , then I would absolutely understand being so upset.
As consumers we all should have a choice in what we do and should all regardless of stay and accomodations be provided with the same level of courtesy and service expected.
The shuttle being late has only hapened to me once or twice there and it is because of harbor traffic, because the shuttle has to make a Uturn , and getting out of the lot can be difficult if it was peak traffic time that would be acceptable.
Now if we are talking 30-40 minutes late or not showing as you did encounter that would be frustrating and rightfully should be adressed or at least inquired about.
This advice above isn't just in regards to your stay but anyone who encounters concerns , please please ask for a manager and just express your concerns openly and honestly. Most are more than happy to listen and try to accomodate as long as you provide the feedback in a respectful manner and it actually can help improve other guests' experiences as well in the future.

At the time, DH called the main CCI number to ask where the shuttle was. So I assume the person answering the phone wasn’t the shuttle driver. I guess I don’t care enough to complain directly to a manager because we don’t intend to go back. That was kind of the last straw with the place, honestly. The rooms are tiny, no freezer in fridge (which is kind of a must to have cold water for the parks) and one night while I was hanging out in the room while my family was at the pool, a housekeeper walked in. Not cool. For what you get, there are closer and better options. Not everyone has to love the place.

... Not everyone has to love the place.
Absolutely correct. But if there is a problem employee, possibly the shuttle driver? or the housekeeper who walked in on you?, management needs to know so the issue can be dealt with. Letting management know can help future guests.

Absolutely correct. But if there is a problem employee, possibly the shuttle driver? or the housekeeper who walked in on you?, management needs to know so the issue can be dealt with. Letting management know can help future guests.

The person who answered the phone told DH the driver was on a break and they’d send someone else to pick everyone up. Didn’t seem to care that we were all waiting. I thought it was weird because of all the reviews I read about how reliable the shuttle is. You’re right, should have said something to management about all of it.

The person who answered the phone told DH the driver was on a break and they’d send someone else to pick everyone up. Didn’t seem to care that we were all waiting. I thought it was weird because of all the reviews I read about how reliable the shuttle is. You’re right, should have said something to management about all of it.
It isn't too late even now to send them an email. Tell them what happened with the shuttle, what happened when your DH called and the attitude of the person who answered the phone, the incident with the housekeeper, and why you won't be returning. And explain how your experience did not live up to the CCI reputation. Management really needs to know about the slip ups, especially when the hotel's reputation rests so heavily on its quality of customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter