Hotel after HHN?

lakoda

Mouseketeer
My family of 3 will be attending HHN for the first time ever on Sunday, Sept 4! I'm trying to decide which hotel to stay in for that evening - looking at either Aventura or CB? We will be at RPR for Saturday, Sept 3, so it will be a split stay. I know we will be back late from the event so we won't spend much time at the hotel. Based on everything I've read so far Saturdays are considered peak nights for HHN so we are planning for Sunday. I looked at the Endless Summer resorts but they are the farthest away and I know we will be exhausted after the event.

Thank you for any help!
Lisa

Cabana Bay and Aventura looks like the same price for your dates. Probably the same length back to hotel via the buses. Is Sapphire Falls with its boat service an option? Don’t know if you can take boat to SF and cut through the hotel to get to CB or Aventura especially late at night.

I would pick Aventura for this because there is no chance of a long long walk down a hallway to your room, like there could be with CB.

However, if you are busing anyways (which would be my choice, I would not want to walk back anywhere other than Hard Rock after HHN), the distance to Endless Summer is irrelevant - all the buses pick up at the same spot. You will still almost always have the shortest in-hotel walk with Aventura, but I wouldn't rule out Endless Summer based solely on distance.

Cabana Bay and Aventura looks like the same price for your dates. Probably the same length back to hotel via the buses. Is Sapphire Falls with its boat service an option? Don’t know if you can take boat to SF and cut through the hotel to get to CB or Aventura especially late at night.
I looked at SF but the price difference didn't seem justified since we it will be just a short time.

I would pick Aventura for this because there is no chance of a long long walk down a hallway to your room, like there could be with CB.

However, if you are busing anyways (which would be my choice, I would not want to walk back anywhere other than Hard Rock after HHN), the distance to Endless Summer is irrelevant - all the buses pick up at the same spot. You will still almost always have the shortest in-hotel walk with Aventura, but I wouldn't rule out Endless Summer based solely on distance.
That is a great point - I hadn't thought about the size of the hotel and potential long walk!

Yes - we will be busing but I thought that the bus service to Endless Summer resorts might take longer since there are two resorts?? It's definitely a better price point.

Have enjoyed our 2 aventura stays . We’re looking for the cheapest 1night possible in October , so probably will do endless summer surfside . Had a nice stay there in March. Bus service was great verrrrrry long lines at park close, but busses keep coming one after the other. However might close something closer since my son is coming, and last hHN he went back to hotel early. Don’t want him to have you be too far away . Lots of great options

I just got back from our stay at Endless Summer - Surfside, July 7-10, 2022. So we were there with the bigger crowds around the 4th of July. I was surprised at how close the hotel was to the park and how quickly the shuttle bus got us to and from the parks. Probably a five minute ride. Very close. The pick up for the shuttle at the end of the park day was not too bad and at the same place for the pickup for the other hotels. I thought I would have had a longer walk since it is a value resort but it was literally right by the shuttle pick up for Adventura and Cabana Bay.

I wouldn't recommend Cabana Bay for the Labor Day weekend. Great hotel, but it's going to be packed. I stayed there last year for the week and for the first few days it was so busy. Apparently it's where a lot of locals and others like to stay for the start of HHN. Still a great hotel. Just that getting food will likely having you wait like 10-20 minutes in line (more for some lines).

We stayed during the July 4th holiday recently at Adventura, and it felt really quiet. Felt really nice to not have a lot of people around. It's a much smaller hotel, so even if "full", you probably won't feel it as much. We even pool hopped over to CB's lazy river, and it was so packed, literally not a single chair to put our towels on. Meanwhile Adventura's hotel pool in comparison was pretty empty. It felt really nice.

vote for Aventura-take the boat to SF and literally walk across street to Aventura-There is a quick walking path between the resorts.-ask the valet guys out front where it starts. You will need to walk through SF but it's a pretty short walk. There is also a walking path to CBBR as well but it is a bit longer, then the long walk to room (although I adore Cabana Bay!)
Aventura is a neat resort with everything controlled by ipad and robot deliveries.

That is a great point - I hadn't thought about the size of the hotel and potential long walk!

Yes - we will be busing but I thought that the bus service to Endless Summer resorts might take longer since there are two resorts?? It's definitely a better price point.
ES bus service time will be negligible in comparison to other buses. There are always plenty of them, and I don’t think we waited longer for the ES bus than CB bus. If you’re really concerned about the two-resort issue, stay at Surfside as it is a smaller resort and the buses go there first, but Dockside is literally across the street so it’s just a few minutes difference. The price difference to stay at ES (or nearby offsite hotel) is - to me personally - worth the few extra minutes of travel compared to CB or Aventura.

Personally, I find the water taxis to be very inefficient. There are far fewer taxis than buses, so I feel line I’m always waiting longer for them. When we stay at Royal Pacific, we just walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter