Hotel Advice Please!

RSandRS

Mouseketeer
Hi

We (2 adults) are hopefully visiting Disneyland for 6 days in June from the UK. Its for a good few days as we have never done either park or Galaxys Edge!

I wanted to book the Candy Cane Inn as it seemed to meet out needs but it is out of action. I have instead booked the Hotel Indigo, but a pool is very important to us (as we like to start early, relax in the middle of the day and go back at night) and reviews suggest the facilities are quite limited? I am wondering about switching to the SunCoast Hilton Hotel which is slightly more expensive but seems to have better facilities? The other thing which is key is proximity. Are either of these closer to the parks? Also wondered if it was practise to allow guest to use facilities after check out ie pool as our flight back is at 18:00 in the evening.

Many thanks for an advice!

RS

I wouldn’t choose either of those myself. What is your budget per night and what other priorities do you want in a hotel? Free breakfast, short walk, inside corridor, etc.

I wouldn’t choose either of those myself. What is your budget per night and what other priorities do you want in a hotel? Free breakfast, short walk, inside corridor, etc.
Our budget is approx $220/night. Priorities are short walk, decent pool and nice rooms. If we can find a hotel that will allow us to use the pool after checkout/get late check out we would not need to pay for an extra night the day we leave so budget would be slightly higher for each night. Hope that makes sense!

We have stayed at both Suncoast and indigo. Suncoast for sure has a larger, nicer pool area. We enjoyed both stays. I would also look into element (right next to Suncoast), Hilton garden inn, home 2 suites, and hojo. They all have nice pool areas. Home 2 suites and Hilton garden inn share the same lobby and pool area. The pool was really nice. Home 2 suites and element have an included hot breakfast. Hojo has some view rooms of Disneyland. Hope that helps!

We have stayed at both Suncoast and indigo. Suncoast for sure has a larger, nicer pool area. We enjoyed both stays. I would also look into element (right next to Suncoast), Hilton garden inn, home 2 suites, and hojo. They all have nice pool areas. Home 2 suites and Hilton garden inn share the same lobby and pool area. The pool was really nice. Home 2 suites and element have an included hot breakfast. Hojo has some view rooms of Disneyland. Hope that helps!
Many thanks! I checked out the home to suites and element (both look amazing) but unfortunately out of are price range this trip! The Hilton Garden Inn looks like a really good possibility though! Rooms and pool look ace and it can be cancelled at last minute (which these days is very important!)! I actually had a reservation for the Hojo but had to change our dates slightly and the prices seemed to go up! I love the look of their pool. They contacted me about needing to book access 30 days out. I will contact the Hilton Garden Inn and ask if they have late check out possibility as that may swing it.

I hope HGI works for you. It’s closer than your original options. It’s brand new. I believe it shares a pool with home 2 suites. H2S has breakfast included and HGI doesn’t (unless you are certain levels with Hilton Honors), if that factors into your calculations. It seems like the type of hotel that would let you use the pool and pool bathroom after checkout to freshen up.

Hi

We (2 adults) are hopefully visiting Disneyland for 6 days in June from the UK. Its for a good few days as we have never done either park or Galaxys Edge!

I wanted to book the Candy Cane Inn as it seemed to meet out needs but it is out of action. I have instead booked the Hotel Indigo, but a pool is very important to us (as we like to start early, relax in the middle of the day and go back at night) and reviews suggest the facilities are quite limited? I am wondering about switching to the SunCoast Hilton Hotel which is slightly more expensive but seems to have better facilities? The other thing which is key is proximity. Are either of these closer to the parks? Also wondered if it was practise to allow guest to use facilities after check out ie pool as our flight back is at 18:00 in the evening.

Many thanks for an advice!

RS
If pool is important than I would look elsewhere than the Indigo. While I really like this property and have stayed 3 times the pool area is *tiny*.

My next trip I’m staying at the Radisson BLU specifically because of the rooftop pool area. I only have one park day and plan to Uber because it is not walkable. With 2 adults depending on how many park days and if Uber is an option you might want to check it out. The ART shuttle also picks up in front of it.

The HoJo is another good option but has gotten pricier lately.

If pool is important than I would look elsewhere than the Indigo. While I really like this property and have stayed 3 times the pool area is *tiny*.

My next trip I’m staying at the Radisson BLU specifically because of the rooftop pool area. I only have one park day and plan to Uber because it is not walkable. With 2 adults depending on how many park days and if Uber is an option you might want to check it out. The ART shuttle also picks up in front of it.

The HoJo is another good option but has gotten pricier lately.
Many thanks! That was my thinking about the Indigo. I looked at the Radisson (it looks beautiful), but was not sure about the distance. We will definitely be using Uber on the trip, but I think had hoped to walk to Disney.

Many thanks! That was my thinking about the Indigo. I looked at the Radisson (it looks beautiful), but was not sure about the distance. We will definitely be using Uber on the trip, but I think had hoped to walk to Disney.
I’m staying there in a little over a week so I’ll come back and let you know how far it really was!

I hope HGI works for you. It’s closer than your original options. It’s brand new. I believe it shares a pool with home 2 suites. H2S has breakfast included and HGI doesn’t (unless you are certain levels with Hilton Honors), if that factors into your calculations. It seems like the type of hotel that would let you use the pool and pool bathroom after checkout to freshen up.
I’m staying there in a little over a week so I’ll come back and let you know how far it really was!
Thanks that would be fantastic! Hope you have a great trip!

Breakfast is not too much of an issue, just need a coffee at some point for on the go! I have yet to hear back from them but hopefully will soon!

For an adult only trip I'd look into the Radisson Blu. They're adult only roof top pool/bar area, with cabanas looks amazing! I always prefer to stay close (5-10 minute walk), but if I was going without kids, I'd probably pick there and use uber/lyft.

The Anaheim Hotel has the largest pool area around for the older Disney area hotels. It has a real resort feel to the pool area and the retro vibe of the property adds to its hipness. I'm not sure how its price compares to your dates, but it is only a walking distance away.

The Anaheim Hotel has the largest pool area around for the older Disney area hotels. It has a real resort feel to the pool area and the retro vibe of the property adds to its hipness. I'm not sure how its price compares to your dates, but it is only a walking distance away.
I have had a look at the Anaheim, it looks beautiful-love the style! Some of the reviews were complaining about a noisy pool area with a DJ? And bad quality rooms? Is this anyones experience?

I have had a look at the Anaheim, it looks beautiful-love the style! Some of the reviews were complaining about a noisy pool area with a DJ? And bad quality rooms? Is this anyones experience?

I have stayed here and never would call the rooms good , they are solid and a decent proximity to the parks. However also the shower temp can be either cold or super hot and no in between , so be aware lol. I actually don't like staying there myself and prefer Castle Inn , Park Vue Inn , Best Western Park Place Inn/ Anaheim Inn , Tropicana Inn , Camelot Inn or HOJO Anaheim as my go to's as a longtime passholder if not staying onsite.

Ok, promised I’d come back and report on the Radisson BLU - great hotel, the rooms were very large and comfortable, nicely decorated and the little subtle Disney touches throughout the hotel are really nice (tie fighter chairs by the pool, say what!?!) DH and I ate at the Rooftop restaurant in December and it was amazing (and pricey $$$).

All that said, for your preferences, I would not choose to stay there. You do need to Uber or take the ART to the parks, which adds an extra unnecessary layer and time. It also is costs $8 each way so over 6 days that can add up. The rooftop pool is *very* small, about similar in size to the Hotel Indigo but with a hot tub. The view during the day is nothing to write home about (LOTS of traffic noise) and the Disney view is obscured by the outdoor patio, which was closed when I was there. At night, it would be awesome, but it sounds like you need the pool during the day.

One option might be to go more affordable on Harbour or Katella for the first part of your trip and splurge for one night at the DLH for your last night. You can stay until 6pm at the pool and there are great changing rooms. We did something similar in December and it was a great way to end our Disney portion of our stay with a Dole Whip (fine, with rum) in the hot tub overlooking the Monorail pool. Just sayin’… ;)

Ok, promised I’d come back and report on the Radisson BLU - great hotel, the rooms were very large and comfortable, nicely decorated and the little subtle Disney touches throughout the hotel are really nice (tie fighter chairs by the pool, say what!?!) DH and I ate at the Rooftop restaurant in December and it was amazing (and pricey $$$).

All that said, for your preferences, I would not choose to stay there. You do need to Uber or take the ART to the parks, which adds an extra unnecessary layer and time. It also is costs $8 each way so over 6 days that can add up. The rooftop pool is *very* small, about similar in size to the Hotel Indigo but with a hot tub. The view during the day is nothing to write home about (LOTS of traffic noise) and the Disney view is obscured by the outdoor patio, which was closed when I was there. At night, it would be awesome, but it sounds like you need the pool during the day.

One option might be to go more affordable on Harbour or Katella for the first part of your trip and splurge for one night at the DLH for your last night. You can stay until 6pm at the pool and there are great changing rooms. We did something similar in December and it was a great way to end our Disney portion of our stay with a Dole Whip (fine, with rum) in the hot tub overlooking the Monorail pool. Just sayin’… ;)
Tie fighter chairs by the pool?!!! Theming on point! Thanks so much for the review. I think you are right while it sounds amazing it is probably not for us as we do need the slightly closer proximity and larger pool (need is such a strong word!). I also now find I 'need' my last night to be in the Disneyland Hotel! It had actually crossed my mind-I adore Disney History and the hotel looks so special. Monorail pool!!! I just don't know whether we could swing it price wise. I think its about $650/night. I will have a look. We have 2.5 weeks in California (also doing San Francisco) and its adding up!

... It had actually crossed my mind-I adore Disney History ...We have 2.5 weeks in California (also doing San Francisco) and its adding up!
In that case, I hope the Walt Disney Family Museum is on your SF must do list if you haven't been here before!

Tie fighter chairs by the pool?!!! Theming on point! Thanks so much for the review. I think you are right while it sounds amazing it is probably not for us as we do need the slightly closer proximity and larger pool (need is such a strong word!). I also now find I 'need' my last night to be in the Disneyland Hotel! It had actually crossed my mind-I adore Disney History and the hotel looks so special. Monorail pool!!! I just don't know whether we could swing it price wise. I think its about $650/night. I will have a look. We have 2.5 weeks in California (also doing San Francisco) and its adding up!
When we were there in Dec I got a rate for around $450/night. The only reason I mentioned it is you said you were considering paying for an extra night hotel to have pool time on your departure day. So in my head I was thinking: get a hotel for $200 vs $220/night = +$100, extra night you no longer need = +$200, transportation savings ~ +$100, etc. Gets you close to that number. But I can justify almost anything when it comes to the DLH. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter