Hot, humid weather - any reason not to wear shorts?

I've been wearing Fruit of the Loom micro-mesh. They are a good fit and breathe a bit. Haven't had any chafing, even at long distances.

If wearing compression type shorts/capris, commando. Advice I received from a couple of running coaches.

That won't work for me but I know it does for some.

Husband likes Nike dri-fit boxer briefs.

I found fit to be most important. Fabric type didn't seem to matter as much - but insist weight and my underwear was a little too big, and it would chafe me. (TMI) Recently started going commando, quite nice. :)

I know the fit is important, as I already have certain one's that work better than others, though it often has to do with how snug my capri's fit rather than the underwear. If I wear loose shorts it doesn't matter what I have on underneath I will get a wedgie and I don't like running with one or spending the whole time adjusting it o_O I'm just guessing at some point during the W&D half I will need to stop at the bathroom and with what I use now it's like pulling a damp swimsuit bottom back on, not pleasant. Though as long as I don't have to do that part I'm ok because I don't notice it that much.

I know this is all tmi but who else can you discuss it with than other runners :) I actually asked a woman shopping at the running store because she did marathons, I looked online at what she suggested and the reviews didn't talk enough about moisture wicking for me to feel good about trying them.

I've been wearing Fruit of the Loom micro-mesh. They are a good fit and breathe a bit. Haven't had any chafing, even at long distances.

Where do you find these?

Target has 30% off on women's apparel including activewear, though I'm not sure if it includes sports bras. Also the app is glitchy today so I would add it via the internet to make sure you have it. I got a new pair of tights for 20.99 after the 9 off :) They are capris and have pockets on both legs and my phone fits! They are also moisture wicking, so we'll see. These will be my W&D pants as long as they still feel good when I run. Also realized the reason my full length tights give me such issues is because they aren't as tight as they are supposed to be, oh well I'll just keep pulling them up.

Where do you find these?

I found them at Target. Amazon has them too, although they call them "breathable" in the title. Both places have a few different styles.

And yeah, I laughed after posting about these - when else do you talk underwear like this??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter