Hostess gift

tink20

DIS Veteran
Ideas for a hostess gift....... she likes to read, write, travel & cook. She likes wine, but has plenty. Her and her husband host very casual get togethers all the time. I want to bring a gift next party (Halloween) Going to give her husband, his favorite bottle of alcohol.

Have ever received a hostess gift, that you really loved, if so what was it?

One of the coolest gifts I’ve ever received was a laser-cut book with my name and an Apple cut into the pages. I love it! I’m a teacher and I love books. It’s such a great conversation piece and beautiful on my bookshelf. I can’t even find an example of an image online to show you (don’t want to post my name) but I’ll keep looking!

A Danish whisk and a baking mix of some sort (muffins, specialty bread?). I just discovered the whisk and it is awesome!

Or some Swedish kitchen towels (environment friendly, reusable and come in cute designs)

A pretty journal and fancy pen

Eta: I don't ever invite anyone over so these are just things I would enjoy :D

I received a small cheeseboard with knife that had our last name initial on it and I use it quite frequently. Kind of like this,
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 9.55.06 PM.png

I also received 2 small bowls that were fall inspired (red and green) from Target and I love love loved them! My green leaf broke and I was so bummed out. I bet Homegoods has lots of cool inspirations if you can get to one of their stores. :)

Here are my leaf bowls (I found out I can buy green one on eBay, lol!):
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 9.53.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 9.54.39 PM.png

Ideas for a hostess gift....... she likes to read, write, travel & cook. She likes wine, but has plenty. Her and her husband host very casual get togethers all the time. I want to bring a gift next party (Halloween) Going to give her husband, his favorite bottle of alcohol.

Have ever received a hostess gift, that you really loved, if so what was it?
There is a Vinegar Tap Room near me where they can be tasted with little shot glasses and it seems these are all over as a franchise, some areas call them Olive Oil Tap Rooms, although I'm sure they are closed for that these days. Anyway, I loved the flavors like Fig and Cinnamon Pear.

I was given a nice cookbook. I did not have this particular one. I love to cook and there is something so nice about an actual cookbook instead of an e-book.

Are you taking any kind of food for the party? How about a copy of your favorite cook book and make a dish from the book to take with you.
i have made a dish and put it in a special container/bowl and given the bowl as a gift

Some possible suggestions:

• gift boxes of spices from places like Penzey's or Spicewalla
  • set of good-quality hand soap/lotion for the kitchen or bathroom
  • new kitchen towels
  • good quality salts, hot sauce, olive oil and/or vinegar
  • take a stroll through Whole Foods or Trader Joe's and select some interesting “treat” items to assemble in a basket (gourmet nuts, jams, sodas or sparkling water, crackers, etc.) We had a neighbour do this for us and just tie a few items up in a pretty dish towel. You can do the same thing with gourmet items from places like Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc.
  • a selection of potted herbs for the garden
  • a board or card game that can be played at parties, like Code Names or Wits and Wagers
  • a cozy blanket
  • a tote bag or Rume tote bags (or similar), which can be scrunched up and put in a pocket
  • matching hand towels
  • a slate cheese board
  • seasonal/decorative serving plate or bowl

Or, how about a pineapple!!! (A symbol of welcome and hospitality.)

I would suggest something that can be consumed like nice oil and vinegar, spices, wine, dessert etc.
Although a nice gesture bringing something that has to be stored or is displayed may put an unwanted burden on the host. Unless you know for a fact that they like to have more "stuff" in their home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter