• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Horseback Riding

dizneygirl55

Mouseketeer
We are bringing my 14 yr old granddaughter with us to WDW this summer. This will be the first time without her parents. She wants to do the horseback riding with me. Since they require parent or legal guardian consent, I'm not sure what they will accept since it will be just the grandparents. We can get the parents to write out a consent and then sign the note. Disney does know that she is coming with us and without her parents. Has anyone had to provide consent?

Thanks in advance!

I am not sure what documentation they would require, but you should seriously consider getting a power of attorney while traveling with your grandchild in case of emergencies. This might well be sufficient for horseback riding.

If you are crossing an international border, I found this statement online (not on Disney's site): United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) requests written consent from both parents or the parent who is not accompanying the minor for minors (those less than 18 years of age) traveling to the U.S. alone or accompanied by only one parent. This written consent must be in English.

I would assume this would be the same rules for domestic travels. Whether it has to be notarized is a different question but definitely I'd make sure to have both parents sign the travel permission document.

** Edit: Unsure if this is allowed (admin please delete if not) but you can get a template to use for domestic or international travels for a child traveling without parents from https://www.lawdistrict.com/child-travel-consent/. I have tested the website and there are no viruses attached to this link.

Last edited:

I'm sure they will let you sign the waiver. I'd have the consent note from mom and dad just in case.

horse kick.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter