Hopping from EPCOT to HS in late January?

BingandNelsonFan

Mouseketeer
Looking for some feedback on our trip plans. We haven't been to a park since 2001 -- though we've been to Disney Springs and Resort hopping a number of times throughout the last seven years. We're flying down on January 16 and home on the 31st.

We have one-day date-based Park Hopper tickets gifted to us by a friend, so we're super excited! It will be my sister and me (36 years old) and our Mom. We're all good with walking, and we're not planning on riding any rides. We're going to stay at a non-Disney hotel in Disney Springs, and we will have a car. We're figuring on going on a Tuesday or Thursday during our trip, but that hasn't been totally decided yet.

The plan is get to park at Hollywood Studios and immediately head over to International Gateway (via the boat or walkway). We'd like to be in EPCOT by about 9:30am. Going to go around World Showcase for sightseeing, a bit of snacking and some shopping. Planning on staying 'til about 2:30pm or so and then take the boat back to Hollywood Studios. We're hoping to be in there by 3:30pm (give or take) and want to walk through the Hollywood section, past Star Tours area and up into Galaxy's Edge. We're really wanting to just sight-see through there -- and see it in daylight as well as night. Also planning on looking through all the shops, etc.

So, for those who have been doing this . . . how does this plan sound? From what we've been reading, it sounds like EPCOT gets busier in the evening and Galaxy's Edge crowds go down later in the day, which is what led us to this plan.

Thanks in advance for thoughts and advice!

Sounds like a very reasonable plan to me. Since you’re not trying to ride Remy, do try to see the Impressions de France film, which has been digitized and the music re-recorded since your last visit. It is currently shown only between 9:00 and 9:30 AM and again 7:00-9:15 PM, with the Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along film in between. DH and I love Impressions de France; we saw the sing-along once, enjoyed it enough for the one time, so you might want to see that one, too.

A lot of World Showcase isn’t open until 11am. Your best plan is when you get to IG, head left towards Canada. By the time you get to Norway, it should be 11am and everything will be open.

Don‘t forget, you can also take the skyliner to/from HS to Epcot. You transfer at Caribbean Beach. It takes about the same amount of time as a boat and it offers a different experience.

As PP mentioned, most of WS isn't going to open until 11. A little bit of France is open so you can eat and the restaurant in Norway is open but you have to walk around the Canada way to get to it. Since you want to see HS in the day time, why not spend until at least 10:30 at HS then boat/walk/Sky liner from there to Epcot and do your round the WS. During the week in Jan. it shouldn't be that busy in Epcot, although the Festival of the Arts will be happening so you will see some of that. Maybe snack around Epcot and grab a TS ADR somewhere in HS for your supper. Since you aren't planning on riding any rides you really can just take it easy in both parks and it won't matter if its crowded except for the food booths at Epcot. As I said, those shouldn't be too bad on a week day early in the day.

Thanks for the advice!
We did read that most of WS is not open 'til 11:00am. We were thinking to turn left from International Gateway and head over to UK and Canada first. We'd really like to enjoy the buildings and take some photos, so we're thinking they'd be pretty empty then, is that right? When they are "not open", will we still be able to walk around in the areas?

Thanks for the advice!
We did read that most of WS is not open 'til 11:00am. We were thinking to turn left from International Gateway and head over to UK and Canada first. We'd really like to enjoy the buildings and take some photos, so we're thinking they'd be pretty empty then, is that right? When they are "not open", will we still be able to walk around in the areas?
Yes, you can walk around the entire park- nothing is blocked off. You can go towards Canada or Morocco, depending on the route you prefer.

I am confused.

From the International Gateway before 11am, If the destination is Norway, can guests walk beyond France or guests required to head towards Canada?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter