• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hopper to AP udgrade

Michael623

WDW 40 trips, DL 12 trips, DLP 2 trips
I want to be sure I fully understand this whole thing. Here is the plan: We are definitely going to DL in late September (GCV on points) and are planning to return a week earlier in 2011 so an AP seems like the way to go. The problem is I've been reading about so many people being fed up by the parks being overrun by AP holders on non-blackout days that I'm reconsidering the 2nd trip. If I buy a 5-day hopper and the parks are super-busy and not that pleasant I will go to WDW in 2011 instead of DL, case closed. But if it is not super-super busy and I decide on the 5th day that I do want to return in 2011 can I use the full 5-day value (despite the fact the pass is used up) of the hopper towards an AP?

Yes, on that 5th day you can upgrade, absolutely.

Instead of being annoyed at all the AP holders, why don't people get annoyed at the ticket-holders? Would be even less crowded if THEY didn't go. :)

Sorry, I just get bugged at the antipathy thing...nothing against you (or the others). I was an AP holder when it all started, and now I'm not, but I'd still rather be at a park surrounded by AP holders who have been there done that and KNOW what they are doing, than day-trippers (like I was the first two years we went as adults)! :)

Yes. If you have a 5 day hopper, you can upgrade anytime before Disneyland closes for the night on your 5th day of entry. You will be credited actual amount paid for the hopper toward the purchase price of your AP. You cannot, however, decide on day 6 after your hopper is no longer valid that you want to upgrade it to an annual pass. At that time your hopper no longer has any value, except perhaps as a memento for a scrapbook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter