Hopper question....dd now a CM

phins_jazy

Christmas at the Fort
I have a strange ticket question. We have purchased hopper tickets for our family for our family vacation. Tickets purchased via underground tourist. My daughter has since become a cast member and has her own blue badge that grants her access to the parks whenever she wants. In a circumstance like this, what can be done with her ticket? Can it be refunded? Or are we out the $$?

It depends.
1. did you buy the tickets less than 90 days ago
2. did you buy e-tickets, or mailed hard tickets
3. did you add them to MDE yet.

If the tickets were bought 90 days ago or longer, if you got e-tickets, or if you already added them to MDE, you cannot get a refund from UT.

If you bought them less than 90 days ago, got mailed tickets AND did not add them to MDE, they will refund less a 5% restocking fee.

It depends.
1. did you buy the tickets less than 90 days ago
2. did you buy e-tickets, or mailed hard tickets
3. did you add them to MDE yet.

If the tickets were bought 90 days ago or longer, if you got e-tickets, or if you already added them to MDE, you cannot get a refund from UT.

If you bought them less than 90 days ago, got mailed tickets AND did not add them to MDE, they will refund less a 5% restocking fee.

1> no
2>e-tickets
3>yes

Gah!!! I was hoping we would be able to do something with the ticket. Ok, thanks for your feedback :)

When are you going? Most of the CM passes have blackout dates for some parks (MK the week between Christmas and New Year’s for example), so if you are going over one of those periods, she would only be able to get into blacked out parks with a regular ticket.

When are you going?
It appears that the OP's daughter may be on the college program so she'll probably be using her "Employee Self Admission Pass". It's been posted that beginning on Aug 18th, Employee Self Admission Passes and all other CM passes, will be Blocked-out, that's what Disney calls Black-out dates, from DHS. They haven't posted when that Block-out ends, but I expect it to be a long Block-out.
Most of the CM passes have blackout dates for some parks
Not most, all front-line CM's Passes have some Blocked-out dates.

We will be there the last week of Oct. She's a full time regular employee, no College Program. Hmmm, I will have to ask her about the blocked out dates for DHS. Thanks guys.

My suggestion would be to take the ticket to Guest Services when you arrive and inquire there what can be done. Maybe the can use some "pixie dust"? Not sure they can, but definitely would be worth the time. Worse they can say is nothing can be done.

We will be there the last week of Oct. She's a full time regular employee, no College Program. Hmmm, I will have to ask her about the blocked out dates for DHS. Thanks guys.

Definitely have her find out if there are black-out dates for Studios. Especially with SWGE opening, there might be. (My sister was a full-time CM before going to the cruiseline, and she definitely had blackout dates on her MainGate.) If she is blacked out from the Studios, you'll either need to adjust the plans to not include that park or just have her use the already-purchased ticket._

My suggestion would be to take the ticket to Guest Services when you arrive and inquire there what can be done. Maybe the can use some "pixie dust"? Not sure they can, but definitely would be worth the time. Worse they can say is nothing can be done.

Since it wasn't purchased directly from Disney, even though it's an authorized reseller, not sure what Disney can do. But as PP says, it never hurts to ask.

Was the ticket purchased when an expiration date was in effect? Or prior?

We will be there the last week of Oct. She's a full time regular employee, no College Program. Hmmm, I will have to ask her about the blocked out dates for DHS.
They're the same, she'll be blocked out beginning Aug 18th until who knows when because the blockout dates have been posted only through the end of Sept. Disneyland's Main Entrance Passes have been blocked out for over three months so far.
has her own blue badge that grants her access to the parks whenever she wants.
The wording led me to wrongly believe that she was a CP CM and only had a Self Admission Pass with limited access for guests.
Definitely have her find out if there are black-out dates for Studios.
Having a Main Entrance Pass and needing to know, I checked again today, it begins at DHS on Aug 18th through at least Sept. I'm guessing that I'll be blocked out through the end of the year, maybe longer.

Your daughter should also have 3 Guest Passes for 3 people to enter the park without the need of a regular ticket.

She needs to set up her MDX account and check if her 3 Guest Passes which are park hoppers automatically link up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter