• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop Dee Doo I must be getting old!

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
Went to see Hoop Dee Doo last night for the first time in about 25 years. Maybe I’m getting old but wow I just loved it! Yes it’s corny, goofy and all that but it’s just good old fashioned fun. That’s why I say I must be getting old that good old fashioned fun was just so appealing and fun. Food was ok but the show is worth the price of admission, oh and the Strawberry shortcake!

Just did the show 2 weeks ago (last did the show about15 years ago). Food was good, show was great! My only complaint was it seemed to be much louder than I remember it (that could be me just getting older) The two previous times we did the show we sat upstairs and this time we were downstairs so that could of been a possible reason as well :)

I've only been once a few years ago and absolutely loved it. Good food, a great show. We were at a table right up front, and that was pretty cool! It's definitely something I'd like to do again. I'm so glad it's still around.

Went to see Hoop Dee Doo last night for the first time in about 25 years. Maybe I’m getting old but wow I just loved it! Yes it’s corny, goofy and all that but it’s just good old fashioned fun. That’s why I say I must be getting old that good old fashioned fun was just so appealing and fun. Food was ok but the show is worth the price of admission, oh and the Strawberry shortcake!
Gee, you make me think that maybe I should go see it on a solo trip sometime. I haven't seen it in over 30 years. I know I'm getting old.

Gee, you make me think that maybe I should go see it on a solo trip sometime. I haven't seen it in over 30 years. I know I'm getting old.
Seriously we just booked it for something to do on a 10 day trip. like I said we hadn’t gone in 25 years. We had so much fun and 3 days later still saying how much we enjoyed it.

We brought our family, ages 5 to 89, several years ago, and everyone had a wonderful time. We go back every few years.

I went solo recently. Sat upstairs in category 3. Enjoyed myself, but I don't think that has anything to do with my advanced age!

it's an oldie but goodie! i got a funny story. . . first trip for me and my now wife 20 plus years ago we were going for the first time. got caught in a wicked rain storm and got to the place soaked through our clothes. we were freezing! when they sat us a cast member came over gave us a bunch of towels to dry off a bit and then came back and wrapped us up in table clothes to keep us warm cause we were freezing. lol good times. typical summer florida weather.

edit: if that happened today would have been charged for the towels and table clothes. lol

i'm kidding. . . but you all were thinking it too! i know you were!

My husband and I took my parents to WDW for Christmas in 2002. It's something my Mom always wanted to do. We all went to the Hoopty Doo Review and my Dad loved it! I remember the look on his face, smiling and laughing, which was a big deal because he was always a serious person and didn't show emotions much. It was December, he just retired. Ten months later he passed. I am so glad we made his last Christmas a happy one.

My husband and I took my parents to WDW for Christmas in 2002. It's something my Mom always wanted to do. We all went to the Hoopty Doo Review and my Dad loved it! I remember the look on his face, smiling and laughing, which was a big deal because he was always a serious person and didn't show emotions much. It was December, he just retired. Ten months later he passed. I am so glad we made his last Christmas a happy one.
Wow what a memory for you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter