HOOP-DEE-DO Survival ?

A good friend of mine and her family are currently staying at The Fort. While they were out and about this morning completing the St. Patrick's Day scavenger hunt, they were told that The Hoop is supposed to reopen this June.
Hopefully the info she was given is accurate. I'll be sure to update if I hear anything else.
I sure hope so 🙏 we'll be at the Fort the end of June into July

It's official, Barb. HDDR reopens June 23rd., just in time for your stay. Reservations should open in a few weeks. I've read there may only be 1 show a day, to start.

j

I can say that the P&J's fried chicken in February was not the same quality as previous years. I dont know if they switched suppliers or if it has to do with supply chain problems but it was sub par compared to before. It was still decent quality.But..........The small, full service grocery store in my town has better.

I can say that the P&J's fried chicken in February was not the same quality as previous years. I dont know if they switched suppliers or if it has to do with supply chain problems but it was sub par compared to before. It was still decent quality.
That's disappointing. We got the fried chicken twice when we were there in January (Once take out and once in TE for dinner). Both times it was great and as I remember from prior trips. Hopefully February was a glitch with suppliers/staff/equipment and not a permanent change.

j

1. It has been YEARS since we visited THE HOOP.
2. We will be one of the first to make a ressie for the show.
3. We have heard through other CM's there are a few changes.
4. Either way, will be nice to re-live past memories.

NOTE:
. . . WDW has changed so many things.
. . . Most of the changes have NOT been guest-centered.
. . . Usually, changes have been to save WDW money.
. . . So many live performances have been cancelled or changed.
. . . Let u
s hope they did not change the show much.

The trails end breakfast was disgusting when we were there a couple of weeks ago. Everything was bad.

I cannot wait to get back to the HDDR! We were fortunate to have gone just before it shut down.

The trails end breakfast was disgusting when we were there a couple of weeks ago. Everything was bad.

I cannot wait to get back to the HDDR! We were fortunate to have gone just before it shut down.

It's true that the Skillet/All-You-Care-to-Eat they serve now at Trails End is not the same as the old buffet.

They've had decades in the past to perfect the HDDR meal service (food types, service styles) and the Trails End buffet foods (again, types and styles). Disney should be chomping at the bit to reinstate those winning formulas - you would think, right?.

Sorry you had a bad experience, @NCDisNut. I won't go back to either (HDDR or TE buffet) until they have a little time under their belt again.

Bama Ed

The buffet was the highlight of my trips. Arrival day tradition. Will be glad when it comes back, but hope they haven't ruined the food.

HDDR is long missed, and should of been back sooner. Not sure about changes, will have to see it and make up my own mind.

The buffet was the highlight of my trips. Arrival day tradition. Will be glad when it comes back, but hope they haven't ruined the food.
Arrival day tradition for me, too. I miss the buffet.

My experience was the same as bigdisneydaddy, P&J's fried chicken in December was not the same quality as previous years. It wasn't bad it just wasn't good.

HDDR is long missed, and should of been back sooner. Not sure about changes, will have to see it and make up my own mind.
Trail's End was our end of trip tradition.
As far as the chicken goes, I've read from you all it was great and also some say not good. My experience from October 20 coming from PJ's was not good. Dried out and tasting like school cafeteria fried chicken.
Used to take friends to the Trail's End buffet when they came to visit.
As many other things Disney, all gone.

My experience from October 20 coming from PJ's was not good. Dried out and tasting like school cafeteria fried chicken.
That's really disappointing. I think there is just a lot of variability right now between staffing and supply chain. TE has been so predictable until Covid. We didn't get the take out chicken when we were there in January, but we did try the family style dinner. We knew from the board here, that we could request friend chicken. What we got on the family style was the same great chicken I remember from P&Js. The rest of the food was OK. I wouldn't rate it as terrible, but it definitely wasn't the same as the loved buffet.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter