Hoop-Dee-Do or O'hana

Meghan4

Mouseketeer
Currently, I have O'hana booked for dinner on our last night this September. After reading all of the recent reviews, the common theme seems to be that O'hana used to be good, but has gone downhill. I know people have different opinions and I normally like to try places for myself, but the number of bad recent reviews is alarming. So I was looking to replace O'hana with Hoop-De Do, but I wanted some opinions. Thanks!

HDDR! It's great for all ages. Food is very good, beer and wine is included, allergy menus are appealing, and the show is entertaining and just fun fun fun.

Hope dee doo all the way! Such a great show and is truly entertainment for all ages. The food is good and the sangria is even better!

I have never understood the love for Hoopdedo. The food is good but nothing special and the meal always feels a bit rushed because they are timing it with the show. Show is funny but I’m from the fly over land and you can see similar type shows from Branson all the way down to San Antonio. It’s a good experience and it might even be worth what they charge but it was never special to me in a Disney way.

I have never understood the love for Hoopdedo. The food is good but nothing special and the meal always feels a bit rushed because they are timing it with the show. Show is funny but I’m from the fly over land and you can see similar type shows from Branson all the way down to San Antonio. It’s a good experience and it might even be worth what they charge but it was never special to me in a Disney way.
We lived in San Antonio for 6 years, I know what you mean. Thanks for your input!

We lived in San Antonio for 6 years, I know what you mean. Thanks for your input!

I didn't go for MANY MANY years because I thought it was country, hoe down type a show and since I "live in" Georgia I always said "I live in the land of Hoop Dee Doo, so why pay for it." My DD worked at Disney a year and each visit I treated her to something she couldn't afford. She picked HDDR.

We had a great time! The food is comfort food but it tasted great and the all we could drink beer put value to the meal. The show was not "country or hoe down" and it was funny, interactive, well themed and Disney classic entertainment. We were never rushed, we had all the food we wanted throughout the show, and after a couple of hours we couldn't eat another bite.

No, I wouldn't do it every trip or even more than every few years BUT I would do it any day before I would go back to Ohana. The high price to eat at Ohana so that I can wait forever for my seat (every single time), wait for a server to have time to stop by, wait for more food and have the menu diluted each visit in quality ... means it is finally off the list for us.

HDDR! The food is mediocre at both so you might as well go to the one where you are guaranteed entertainment! Our last meal at O'hana in December was terrible - rushed service and no coconut races or the limbo. HDDR is a lot of fun!

I didn't go for MANY MANY years because I thought it was country, hoe down type a show and since I "live in" Georgia I always said "I live in the land of Hoop Dee Doo, so why pay for it." My DD worked at Disney a year and each visit I treated her to something she couldn't afford. She picked HDDR.

We had a great time! The food is comfort food but it tasted great and the all we could drink beer put value to the meal. The show was not "country or hoe down" and it was funny, interactive, well themed and Disney classic entertainment. We were never rushed, we had all the food we wanted throughout the show, and after a couple of hours we couldn't eat another bite.

No, I wouldn't do it every trip or even more than every few years BUT I would do it any day before I would go back to Ohana. The high price to eat at Ohana so that I can wait forever for my seat (every single time), wait for a server to have time to stop by, wait for more food and have the menu diluted each visit in quality ... means it is finally off the list for us.
We live in Georgia now!! HDDR would be new to us, plus the fact I think my family would enjoy the entertainment. Thanks for your input.

HDDR would be a great way to end your trip!

That 's what we are doing next week... leaving tomorrow :yay: Monday will be our last night there so we are doing HDDR then taking the boat to MK for eve emh! In all our trips we have never done HDDR but DD requested it this time because her friend went with her family and they loved it (all adults like us).

I've done Ohana several times and never had a bad meal. We are skipping it this trip, mostly because we don't want a lot of ADR's. But we are going to do HDDR for the first time!

I stayed at the Cabins several times and (late 90's) and WL villas several times including this June and I have tried HDDR.
Booked it this time though...can't wait.

We love HDD. We are starting our trip in July with it on our arrival day. We also enjoy O'hanna and have eaten there past two trips, but I would pick HDD if you've never been. It's a lot of fun.

We love HDD. We are starting our trip in July with it on our arrival day. We also enjoy O'hanna and have eaten there past two trips, but I would pick HDD if you've never been. It's a lot of fun.
We have not been to either place. This upcoming trip we were wanting to try all new places. I’m curious about O’hana, but HDDR sounds like a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter