• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop-de-doo vs Spirit of Aloha

The Spirit of Aloha was a one-and-done for me. The food was totally pedestrian—like what your corporate Aramark cafeteria would serve on Hawaiian Day. The show was difficult to follow and really boring in some spots. Can’t recommend.

I can't agree enough!!!! I will always choose Hoop Dee Doo over Spirit of Aloha!!!!!

We always go to HDD the first day we arrive - never fails to set the Disney tone for the entire trip.

How much time do you need to reserve the HDDR? We're going in about four weeks, and I've never been.

We always go to HDD the first day we arrive - never fails to set the Disney tone for the entire trip.
That was sorta my plan. We will be coming directly from Disney Dream on a Friday and I thought instead of heading to a park that day/evening, I thought it would be best to just settle into our room at AoA then head to HDD in the evening to start our WDW portion of our vacation.

How much time do you need to reserve the HDDR? We're going in about four weeks, and I've never been.

Just about everything is 180+ for ADRs these days. You might be able to make an ADR for the late show.

same predicament for july of '19....have two daughters, will be 7 and 4, I'm sure 7 year old will love hoop dee doo but will my 4 year old even get the humor? They've never been to a luau and are really into Moana, so just keep going back n forth on this one. I personally would rather see hoop dee doo, but this trip is for them.
there is plenty of slapstick silliness that would appeal to a younger one who might not get the verbal humor.

My wife and I (we are in our late 60's) went to the HDDR during the last week in May. We loved it the food was outstanding and the show corny but good.

have also done the SOA luau in the past. I am actually one of those who liked it. The food was plentiful and good. the show is somewhat old and stale. I always suggest to people to do it if there is no chance you would go to Hawaii and do the real luau.

One more vote for HDDR over Spirit of Aloha. We've done HDDR many many times and love it, but Spirit of Aloha only once because it was pretty disappointing.

It looks like it's settled, but because I feel so strongly about it, I will add another vote for HDDR. It is such a great experience. To me, HDDR captures the feel of what Disney World is all about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter