Hoop De Doo ?s....

vicb

DIS Veteran
Planning a trip with our young adult children. After all these years and many trips DD is interested in Hoop De Doo Review because a friend went and described it as "a comedy show". Hmmm.... I guess I always thought it was more of a corny western sing a long.... so I'm looking for opinions. Likely we will only be there 4 or atmost 5 nights... should we spend one of them at this show? Also we are planning an early Dec. trip... could it be too cold to enjoy dinner outdoors? :confused3

Hoop De Doo is one of absolute family favorites. It is a corny western comedy show sing a long. The food is excellent quality and the entertainment has us singing and laughing the whole night long. Can't recommend it enough for families.

Planning a trip with our young adult children. After all these years and many trips DD is interested in Hoop De Doo Review because a friend went and described it as "a comedy show". Hmmm.... I guess I always thought it was more of a corny western sing a long.... so I'm looking for opinions. Likely we will only be there 4 or atmost 5 nights... should we spend one of them at this show? Also we are planning an early Dec. trip... could it be too cold to enjoy dinner outdoors? :confused3
It is a stage show with plenty of jokes and songs. Food is served family style and the price includes beer, wine and sangria. The actors come out into to the audience and interact with them. It is a lot of fun. :)

If I could do this every trip, I would! We absolutely love it. The first time we went my DD was a preteen and was giving us a hard time about not wanting to see this show. Once it started, she could not stop laughing. It was the highlight of her trip and now wants to do it every year.

Agree that HDDR is awesome. We took my 14 and 11 year old niece and nephew and they thought it was hysterical.

I think you are confusing the Hoop with a couple of OTHER "shows/events" at Ft. Wilderness.

There is the Mickey's Backyard Barbeque, which is held in a semi-outdoor pavilion,
and the Chip 'n Dale Campfire, the latter of which IS a sing-a-long and is held outside.

It's a must do for us! We are going again in July and this will be the 5th time for us. It never gets old!

It's my DH's favorite. We go every couple of years (usually when we stay at WL or BLT and getting there is more convenient). You should def go at least once.

We went for our first time with my 5 and 9 year olds. They had a blast! My son loved the food. We would absolutely do it again.
As for the weather- it's indoors so you don't need to worry about it being cold out.

My DH and I thought about going in October, but it will just be the two of us. I feel like it would be a better experience with our whole family. What do you all think?

My DH and I thought about going in October, but it will just be the two of us. I feel like it would be a better experience with our whole family. What do you all think?
Just my husband and I go to Disney now. My husband works in HDDR for every week long trip we take to Disney. We have it booked for September and that will make 3 times going since last September. We definitely enjoy it just as much as when the kids used to come with us. Only poo for me is the buzz kill transportation back to our resort causes.

The two of us go every other year but we have a great time with just the two of us. The actors make it feel like you are part of one big family!! Especially when they come down from the stage and pick people to go up on stage to be part of the show. Hilarious! They will go to every table and ask were you are from!

If your kids love being around the characters we feel this is the best experience. They are there for a long time and is a fun evening.

This is high on our list

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter