Hoop-de-doo Review or head to DTD?

flower72

Mouseketeer
I am taking my 2 girls (6 and 7) to WDW for the first time in Jan. I can't decide between the Hoop-de-doo review one night or heading to DTD to see the sights and eat there. Any suggestions? Is the Hoop-de-doo worth the 2 credits and basically a whole night there?

Thanks!

I am taking my 2 girls (6 and 7) to WDW for the first time in Jan. I can't decide between the Hoop-de-doo review one night or heading to DTD to see the sights and eat there. Any suggestions? Is the Hoop-de-doo worth the 2 credits and basically a whole night there?

Thanks!

I love almost all things Disney, but I have to say dinner at the Hoop Dee Doo is not one of them. The show is funny and very enjoyable. The food is really below Disney's standard and was not worth the 2 table credits we used for the dinner. I recommend using your table credits or cash (whichever you are using) somewhere else.

You are given drinks, salad, corn bread. Then they bring out fried chicken (okay nothing special), ribs (very dry and not very tasty), mashed potatos with the skins and corn. Of all of the items, the corn bread was really good.
Dessert is strawberry shortcake. Disney has wonderful desserts, this was not a Disney dessert. Was like a box mix with a strawberry sauce out of a can. I only ate a couple bites and then we left disappointed in the food.

Food service was good, supplied to our needs quickly and politely. Cast members in the show were very good and put on an entertaining show. I might say try it once if it was a 1 table service, but 2, can't recommend it.

I would say it depends on how big of a day you have planned the following morning.
Hoop de doo is a fun time, especially for children. It is a must do at least one time! You can go to the early show and be done by 7pm.
DTD can take a lot of time to eat and browse all the shops...(World of Disney, Lego, etc.)
On our trip in July we went to DD and after we ate and shopped...it was after 10 which got us to the resort at 11. It wasn't the smartest plan with our young children considering we went to EMH at MK the following morning.

I actually enjoyed HDDR.... We took my DD at the age of 14 months . She loved it ! I am looking to do it again on this trip. I like being at fort wilderness. DTD almost always has some sort of entertainment at the stage...that can be lots of fun to (and free:banana:) Shopping could cost you. I always promote the chip n dale campfire sing along at fort wilderness..its free and a good time for kids ( and us too)

This is a tough question.

We really enjoy HDDR. In fact, we just got back to our room about an hour ago! It was a fun night, as always. We think the food is OK. Not great, but not bad in our opinion. Of course, the bottomless beer and wine don't hurt either! Sometimes we use credits, sometimes (like tonight) we use our DDP credits elsewhere and choose to pay OOP for the HDDR. We actually didn't have it scheduled this trip. My 11 yo was missing it, so we called today and got ADRs for the late show tonight. Glad we did!! We like DTD well enough. But, none of us are huge shoppers. So, we usually only spend an hour or two there each trip.

HDDR all the way!

We LOVE it for kids and adults. The actors are really wonderful.
We enjoy the food too. Salad is delish for some reason, dessert is great, cornbread is great. I always thought the ribs and chicken were good too!

A coworker went with her family a couple of weeks ago (kids are 9 and 7) the LOVED it so much they actually went again! Now that I could not believe, but they did.

Just like evertyhing else at Disney you are going to get lots of opinions and reviews.

Have a magical trip:wizard:

We've attended this over 10+ times and it's the best show in WDW....food is great, especially the chicken.....I'd pay out of pocket and save your credits....one of the highlights of some of our trips...

DTD, well if you're onto shopping, and you know what that consists of money wise, decent place to go but for us, it's basically a walk thru and I'm done...not into going into different shops.....food there is so so....usually we skip DTD entirely......rather like the night at FW, either at the HDDR, or Trail's End buffet or Crockett's Tavern just for a pizza and some beers......

I love HDDR!!!! The food is good--I haven't had a bad meal yet. I have always enjoyed the show.

DTD is not my favorite place. Every time I go, it's always so busy--barely able to get through the crowds.

HDDR is one of the best things in all of Disney. With all due respect to those who don't like it, I can't imagine anyone who can't go to the HDDR and smile and have a great time.

The food is okay, the atmosphere is AWESOME!!!!

Now, DTD, I don't get the attraction. :confused3

Thanks everyone!! I booked HDDR tonight! I'm probably gonna skip DTD altogether. Love this board and how helpful everyone is!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter