Hoop De Doo or Spirit of Aloha?

Tara1988

Mouseketeer
I want to add a dinner show (very last minute, the booking window for the night we want closes tomorrow) But amazingly both are available. Which should we choose? (DH &DS are picky eaters)

I want to add a dinner show (very last minute, the booking window for the night we want closes tomorrow) But amazingly both are available. Which should we choose? (DH &DS are picky eaters)

Hoop De Doo or Spirit of Aloha

I have read a ton of posts saying that Aloha is simply God-awful in every way. Do a search and you'll find those reviews. I would never book that after reading those.........

Allow me to be the lone dissenter...with a caveat.

I have seen them both and much prefer Spirit of Aloha.

Here is why. Growing up in rural Northwest Alabama, I have seen more than one hillbilly show. As a child, my family frequented Opryland in Nashville Tennessee. There was also a live production in an amphitheater that gave the story of how the hill people in Alabama refused to fight in the Civil War. I also grew up watching Hee Haw and Dukes of Hazard. My sister's senior play in high school even had a hillbilly theme.

I am well versed in the whole hillbilly hoe down genre. Trust me. I've seen my share of hillbilly shows. This isn't even the best.

Now a luau...now that is unique. I really enjoyed that.

So...if you've ever said...Good Lord willin' and the Creek don't rise...go see the luau.

We did the luau last year and really enjoyed it!

Now, we probably wouldn't use two TS credits on it again (we had free dining) but we had a great time, the food was really good, and DH and I loved that beer was included for the two of us!

We just did SOA last month and did HdDR two years ago. HDDR is just better. Food is better. Show is much better.

While I like SOA I wouldn't do it again. I want to go back to HDDR on our next trip if we can spare the credits.

Both shows include alcohol which is always good too.

Especially w/picky eaters. i'd go for Hoop De Doo. Ive done both and it was far superior, though the food at SoA was great, I wouldnt suggest it for picky eaters!

HDDR!!! Just love it. Food is Good "Down home cooking" and the show is hilarious.
Enjoy

I have done both and prefer Hoop Dee Doo. They are both wonderful in my opinion but for different reasons.

What I like about the luau - Very beautifully put together, lovely dancers doing traditional dance, exciting fire show, beautiful music, great food, nice seating set up.

What I don't like about it - Tedious (really just the same thing for a long period of time), some food kind of different if you have picky eaters, monologue or story line is not good - acting by the dancers very poor

What I like about HDD - Exciting, great food (and alochol comes with it I think like beer or wine), Wonderful visual dancers and costumes, great acting and great music.

What I don't like about HDD - Seating is sometimes not the greatest although you can see from anywhere - the front is best of course and they are more $$.

and if we had t choose one or the other we would pick Hoop Dee Do. We got engaged there and her our reception there and it holds a special place in our hearts. The unlimited adult beverages just add to the experience :) We think the food is wonderful and the servers are excellent :)

So what did you decide?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter