• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop De Doo or Cinderella's Royal Table?

luvmyguyz

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW in August for my 40th birthday. I want to celebrate my actual birthday at Be Our Guest restaurant for dinner, but we are trying to decide where else to use our table service credits.

Because we'll be there during the food and wine festival, I think we will not want to have a sit down meal every day, so we will probably have an opportunity to go to a 2-credit meal.

So my question is should we choose CRT (for breakfast) or the Hoop Dee Doo Review? We have done neither, and while I think it would be amazing to eat in the castle, I'm not sure my two boys would be all that impressed - they'll be 12 and 9 on the trip.

Please let me know which you would choose and why. Thanks!!

Definitely Hoop Dee Doo

I actually had CRT breakfast ADR this last trip and my DH and DS weren't interested at all. So we cancelled a few days ahead. They LOVED HDDR (3rd time there).

We had dinner at both CRT and HDR for the first time on our last trip. HDR was by far the more memorable of the two.

I should mention that we have a girl(8) and boy(2). CRT was nice and the character interactions were good for our daughter but the meal did feel very rushed to us. I will say that looking back, had we not eaten at CRT we probably would wish we had, if for no other reason to experience it once.

To summarize, after trying both, we have no desire to return to CRT. But HDR will probably be a must-do for us on every future trip.

ETA: the included beer and sangria at HDR is big plus if you enjoy that sort of thing.

We are going to WDW in August for my 40th birthday. I want to celebrate my actual birthday at Be Our Guest restaurant for dinner, but we are trying to decide where else to use our table service credits.

Because we'll be there during the food and wine festival, I think we will not want to have a sit down meal every day, so we will probably have an opportunity to go to a 2-credit meal.

So my question is should we choose CRT (for breakfast) or the Hoop Dee Doo Review? We have done neither, and while I think it would be amazing to eat in the castle, I'm not sure my two boys would be all that impressed - they'll be 12 and 9 on the trip.

Please let me know which you would choose and why. Thanks!!
With two boys - my general sense is Hoop Dee Doo is more fun than meeting the Princesses.

Definitely Hoop Dee Doo. It is so much fun, so much more food and all you can eat and drink. We did CRT for breakfast in 2015 and felt like a huge waste of 2 TS credits on the DDP.

Yet another vote for Hoop De Doo, so much fun! Food's yummy, show is entertaining, & beer and wines are included lol.

I love dinner in the Castle, and might have a different response if you had chosen that meal over breakfast.

No I wouldn't! With boys your son's ages, I would choose HDDR, and think you will be glad you did as well.

If you want one more meal in a Castle, look at Akershus for breakfast on your Epcot day. It is a favorite of my family, and I cannot say that for CRT. You get your Princess fix, an AYCTE meal for hungry kids and adults, and with the DDP, it is a very good value for one credit.

Two TOTALLY different things! the Castle is relaxing and relatively quiet while Hoop is loud, fun and crazy! I love Hoop! it feels like you are going to have a party and everyone is ready to do it! the food is simple...fried chicken, corn on the cob, beans and strawberry shortcake...really yummy. WARNING: you or your boys could be picked from the audience to participate on stage...so much fun! I'm pretty sure your boys will like it. Also, there is a petting zoo right next door and you can see lots of wild animals all around you! Happy birthday and HAVE FUN! P.S...my husband and I will going to Hoop in September for his 60th birthday! can't wait!

Just wanted to add that if your kids like mac n cheese, you can request it from your server at Hoop & they'll happily bring some for your table in addition to the regular menu items - at no charge.

Disney2013377.jpg

HDDR with out a doubt. We actually did tier 3 and paid out of pocket. It was perfect up there. We had the best time! Enjoy. Our last time at Cinderellas castle was poor and no attention to us. Was very disappointing.

Hoop de Doo. I think my son was 9 when we went. I was afraid it would be too corny for him - I was so, so wrong. In his entire life I have never heard my son laugh as much as he did at Hoop de Doo. He wasn't a very big eater when we went but something about that show made him gobble up the food like I had never seen. He is 15 now and to this day he still talks about when we went.

Hoop de Doo. I think my son was 9 when we went. I was afraid it would be too corny for him - I was so, so wrong. In his entire life I have never heard my son laugh as much as he did at Hoop de Doo. He wasn't a very big eater when we went but something about that show made him gobble up the food like I had never seen. He is 15 now and to this day he still talks about when we went.

There is nothing I love more than the sound of my boys' laughter! Having read all of your replies, I'm really looking forward to this experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter