Hoop-de-doo 2nd show in September unbookable?

I'm hoping that Disney is just trying to fill up the two outer times first and then they will open the middle......fingers crossed!

Remember HDDR is very popular and the Fall is getting to be popular as well with F and W time and the Halloween parties.

AKK

So I went ahead and grabbed an 8:30 while I plan on continuing to check for the 6:15 spot.

Has anyone else tried reserving the 8:30 in category 1 using dining credits? The lady on the phone had no idea what I was talking about. But the dining plan docs say that you can get category 1 for the 8:30 show.

I've booked the 8:30 show category 1 with the DDP many times, most recently for September 28 this year. I've booked online and on the phone in the past with no issues. We've always gotten fantastic seats. It's my preferred show.

Just in case anyone is still interested in this. I have been watching Hoop de doo for awhile now hoping my September date at 6:15pm would open up. No luck yet. There seems to still be no availability for 6:15pm on ANY dates in September. This was also the case for August UNTIL a couple of days ago. Now you can find a 6:15 spot on most nights in August. I am thinking/hoping that it looks like Disney is holding back this reservation time until 1 month prior to the dates. SOOOOO, I have high hopes that I will be able to snag my September 6:15 spot once the beginning of August hits. I hope this helps anyone out there who was just as frustrated with this as I was!

I know it's not exactly the same.. but I had a similar experience booking Dining with an Imagineer. I literally tried twice a day for 80 days before I was able to get a reservation for any day in my trip. If you keep trying something will open up.

I know it's not exactly the same.. but I had a similar experience booking Dining with an Imagineer. I literally tried twice a day for 80 days before I was able to get a reservation for any day in my trip. If you keep trying something will open up.
Dine With an Imagineer definitely has a much shorter booking window than a regular ADR, 90 days, last I checked.

Thanks for the update! We have been trying to book for late October since our 180 day window opened up with no luck. Hopefully we can book soon!

Well just as I thought! For months September has had absolutely zero availability for the 2nd show (6:15 pm) at Hoop-de-doo for ANY day the whole month long. Only the 4pm and 8:30pm were showing up as available. Buuuuut....As of yesterday the whole month just opened wide up for the 6:15. So if this is something you have been waiting for jump on it! If you are having the same issue for future months just wait for the 3rd day of the month prior to your visit (for me it was 08/03 when things opened up for all of September). Good luck!

I tried to make ADR's for end of January and still not available. Reservation lady said they are doing a renovation, and to keep checking back.

I used Touring plans reservation finder and within a day was able to get 6:15 in early November after having no luck for weeks.
First time I had tried this service and was really pleased with the results.

I have been trying the last week in October without success for my months. Both myself and Touring Plans. Tried again a bit ago. No luck b

I have been trying the last week in October without success for my months. Both myself and Touring Plans. Tried again a bit ago. No luck b

I would say September 3rd is a good day to check again. I had the Touring Plans alert set up too. I had just grabbed my reservation when the emails and texts from Touring Plans came flooding in saying that my date/time was available :)

Still nothing for the November date I'm looking for, but I'm glad that September finally showed up. Maybe there is still hope :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter