honeymooners at wdw

mulgar

Mouseketeer
Hi All
My future wife and I are planning our honeymoon for the week of june 8 and i am looking for some offbeat and inexpensive ways to show her how much i love her. any ideas are welcome:bounce:

That's SO sweet of you. We're going to be on our honeymoon that same week!!!!!!!!

Take her on one of the fireworks cruises or just a romantic boat ride. I think you can schedule those through the recreation groups.
What resort are you staying at?

Without a doubt, try to reserve Breathless for the fireworks cruise.;)

We got back from our honeymoon a little less than a month ago:-(
Here are some things DH did (all are free:-) We had left-over wedding cake (any leftovers will do) and at night when I was in the shower he got some out and arranged them for both of us for a snack including trooping to the ice machine. He told me he had a surprise for me the day we went to MK. When we were walking through the castle he swooped me up in his arms and gave me a kiss - much to my embarrassment, I'm not a publicly affectionate person;-) He wrote me a poem on the notepad in our room. He listened patiently when I complained about it being cold, rainy, or when the buses just weren't working for us. And he let me drag him to characters for pictures - although maybe that wasn't love, he ended up liking them more than me!! He let me put my frozen hands on his warm back on the boat ride from DD to POR (although this wouldn't be a problem in June!) Have a wonderful time:-)

Thanks it sounds like even if the weather didn't cooperate you had a wonderful time. Congrats on your marriage and best wishes for your future:p

We will be honeymooners in May from the 4t to the 11th we are staying at the All Star Movies. Can't hardly wait. Kelly

Take her on a the private carriage ride for two at the Fort Wilderness or Port Orleans - Riverside resort! It's so romantic!
They start at 5:30pm and run every half hour!

Hey, congrats on getting married
we'll be staying at the all star music in oct. for our honeymoon. :teeth:

There's a book called Walt Disney World for Couples (rick and gayle perlmutter) it's got all kinds of tips and tricks, including free ones, for couples at WDW. Since we're on a pretty tight budget, we're going to try some of them out. my FH wants to do one of those boat cruises, but they're kind of pricey, so we're just going to get a hammock on the beach of the polynesian and watch the electrical water pageant and the MK fireworks from there.

BTW, was your upgrade to coronado springs courtesy of disney, or did you just change your mind about your resort?

Hi everyone and Congrats Mulgar!!!

We just had our honeymoon in WDW in Dec. and the BEST thing we did was wore our Mickey/Minnie Bride/Groom ears ($10each). We got TONS of FREE stuff, (Free desserts at any meal, all the embarassing moments when the CM's make a big deal about you being newlyweds, front car choice on rides, even your own boat or car on some rides, front car on monorails,etc.)

If you guys aren't embarassed, wear the ears!!! I was a little embarassed wear the bride Minnie ears, but I'm glad I wore them!
;)

Hope this was helpful!!! Enjoy the honeymoon and congrats again!!

:p

we are going to without a doubt wear the ears.
As a matter of fact we are looking forward to it.
I would be interested to know in more detail what perks you received.
Thanks
Shawn:bounce:

Hi Shawn,

Of course, there's no guarantees to what "perks" you get, but when we wore them we felt pretty special. I've also heard that sometimes, the resorts give you free upgrades also!

We didn't have our ears when we checked in, but after we wore them, eveyone noticed them! We got tons of attention, desserts, like I said, we got to have our own boat/car on some rides, we got to go to the front of the line and get the front row seats on other rides. Whenever we had a meal, we had great seats w/ awesome views.

And of course, you have the singing CM's that insist on everyone noticing and congratulating you on the trans bus or boat rides to the parks. The characters we great, they loved fooling around w/ my veil and DH's top hat. (We also wore them for our Cruise portion of the honeymoon and every night at our cabin, we received free Disney pins, we received a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries when we arrived to our cabin, and of course, tons of special desserts on the cruise)

It all varies and of course it's never guaranteed. I've read posts where people received ALOT more free/special stuff than we did. But the best thing is to wear them, you'll never know what "Magic" moment you'll find at WDW!!!

Which resort are you staying at again?

Congrats again!:p :p

Thanks for all the info.
We will be at CSR June 8-13
Its my future wifes first trip and first airplane ride.
So I want this to be as special as possible.
We will arrive on friday doing cindy's castle for dinner that night and then hopefully the fireworks.
the rest of the week is partailly planned but we are leaving things up in the air for whatever we want to do.
congrats on your wedding and I hope you have a wonderful life together.

Shawn

Thanks Shawn!!!

You guys will have an AWESOME honeymoon in WDW. Email me if you guys have any other questions and we'll try to answer them!
(Q-Reda@comcast.net)

Also, I've read on one of the post that the newleyweds were upgraded to first class seats by their airline because they had on Bride and Groom T-shirts! We had the t-shirts too, but we didn't wear them at the airport, maybe you guys can give it a try and if you do get the free upgrade, it'd be a great way for your wife to fly for the first time! :p :p :p

Take care and enjoy!!:wave: :teeth: :teeth: :wave:

We are not honeymooners...yet
but we have gone to wdw as a couple and here are some of the things we found romantic

1. Late night swim or hot tub at your resort.
2. Monorail drink tour....we stopped at each of the monorail resorts for a drink or 2 ...we actually walked from the Poly to the GF along the beach...very romantic
3.Sit on the beach at the Poly and watch the electrical water pageant
4. California grill for the fireworks...request a table with a view of MK
5. Stroll through DD westside at night..with all the lights it is beautiful..not very secluded though
6. Eat at one of the restaraunts where you can sit outside...Bongo's, Rose and Crown at night...also very romantic.

Some of the other things we found romantic are just some special memories of things
To us...riding the monorail together for the first time...Pleasure Island....some of the character meals...seeing this cute old couple arguing with each other while strolling around the poly...just made us think of how our life together in 30 yrs would be. So, I think anything you enjoy together will be romanic...after all ...it is your honeymoon.

We are looking forward to all these things plus making some unique memories of our own Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter