• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Honeymoon surprise for daughter! Fairytale Suite!

Twinkletoesjohnson

Mouseketeer
I'm excited and jealous all rolled into one! My daughter is getting married next month and for a variety of reasons, they aren't able to go on their "real" honeymoon until next spring. The rest of the fam is already booked into GCV for the week after the big day. My daughter and her fiancé live in LA and they have annual passes. Since they'd already secured the time off, they're going to join us for a couple of days... So for a surprise I booked them 1 night on the Fairytale suite. They are going to FLIP out when the find out!

I knew the suite came with concierge but I didn't know that one of the perks that comes with it is priority seating for shows and parades! So excited about this, I don't know if I can keep it a secret!

Oooooh you are amazing!! Please share pictures! May I ask what the room rate is? If you don't want to share, though, I understand :) What a lucky girl!

Awesome!! They'll be over the moon! I did this a few years ago for my son and DIL, and they sent me about a million texts about how wonderful it was :thumbsup2

With the taxes etc, it was around 800 bucks. So CRAZY expensive, but these two are disney fanatics and to see the look on their faces will be worth it! Plus, she's saved us a ton of $$$ with her non-traditional wedding (a musical theatre-inspired event at the our local community theatre), I just decided to go for it!

You're an awesome parent!! :littleangel: She'll have an unforgettable time! princess:
The photos online are just beautiful! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:

With the taxes etc, it was around 800 bucks. So CRAZY expensive, but these two are disney fanatics and to see the look on their faces will be worth it! Plus, she's saved us a ton of $$$ with her non-traditional wedding (a musical theatre-inspired event at the our local community theatre), I just decided to go for it!

I know that's a lot of money, but a concierge room at GCH goes for $700+ a night, and it's just a regular room. The FTS has silk carpet, a giant canopied bed, floor-to-ceiling windows in a corner room overlooking everything. AND it includes concierge plus the priority seating perk. There's a steam shower, a giant jacuzzi tub with a castle mosaic, etc etc. The room is huge, with a gigantic bathroom and everything has touch-button controls, including the drapes! You're directly next door to the concierge lounge so you can run over and grab some champagne and watch the fireworks from your room. Spectacular!

Here's a video clip of Tinkerbell lighting things in the entryway. Sorry for the poor quality.
http://vid48.photobucket.com/albums/f230/Twinkleberries/video-2012-09-09-19-16-10_zpsc40a77b1.mp4

Here's the view:
2012-09-10143158.jpg
2012-09-10143237.jpg
2012-09-10143215.jpg

I know that's a lot of money, but a concierge room at GCH goes for $700+ a night, and it's just a regular room. .QUOTE]

I'm so glad you said that because the first thing I thought was "well that's not too much considering the room".....but then I wondered if I was crazy.

What a wonderful wedding gift ---- the memories will be fantastic!!!!!

What a wonderful gift. I am jealous. But you have gave me an idea for my own daughter someday, who is an absolute Disney freak! We were fortunate enough to be able to surprise her with a meal at Club 33 for her 18th birthday.

Great job and have a fabulous time!

I was lucky enough to stay in the FTS with DizMe and Tinkcollector! What an AMAZING experience!!! We never wanted to leave the room!! The priority seating was great. We ran down and watched Fantasmic without having to get there early for a spot. Your daughter and son in-law are going to be SOOO excited!!! It truly is going to be a magical experience that they'll remember and talk about forever!!pixiedust:

I would be tempted to tell her at some point before just because that is soooo cool and it would be great to be able to have the enjoyment of all the anticipation as well. What a cool dad you are!

Oh, the pictures and all the input just makes me more excited! I will probably have to break down and tell them at some point, but im actually getting "dollar value" from enjoying my little secret! Now, on to surviving the wedding (which features a little adaptation of "Belle" from Beauty & the Beast!) Those two are such Disney nerds, wonder where they get it from lol.

Oh, the pictures and all the input just makes me more excited! I will probably have to break down and tell them at some point, but im actually getting "dollar value" from enjoying my little secret! Now, on to surviving the wedding (which features a little adaptation of "Belle" from Beauty & the Beast!) Those two are such Disney nerds, wonder where they get it from lol.

Ha ha about the Disney nerds!

So tell about the wedding! Sounds pretty cool. I've been dying to hear the details. I have a DD who is very into musical theater and I'd love to hear more!

Here are a few more pictures :)
2012-09-09173801.jpg

2012-09-09174211.jpg

Princesses chillin'

2012-09-08215845.jpg

2012-09-08220014.jpg

2012-09-08220253.jpg

Oh yeah! They give you these really cushy velvet robes to wear. Also, there is a light switch in the bathroom and when you flip it on, the granite countertops have twinkle lights that shine through from beneath. Not sure how they do that!

Oh DizME, those pics bring back such great memories!!! We decided since we were getting the princess treatment, we all needed to wear tiaras that weekend for our stay in the FTS! LOL!

Twinkletoesjohnson, makes sure you post some wedding pics for us!! I know all the Disney nerds here would love to see them!!:thumbsup2

For those interested in my DDs non-traditional wedding-
She and future SIL are actors (of the musical theatre variety.) they fell in love while working on a production of "Tommy" at our community theatre. DD in particular has strong ties to this theatre and so when they started thinking about the wedding, having the ceremony at the theatre felt right. They are staging a musical wedding with 5-6 numbers, some original, some parodying lyrics inserted into existing songs.

They've been keeping a lot of details secret so we'll have some surprises but I know that one of the songs they're adapting is "Belle." The bridesmaids (all 8 of them!) will be doing that number. All but 2 members of wedding party (18 total) are performers also so they're game for anything :)

They have a choreographer, lighting designer, stage manager, musical director and a set designer. All of these folks have been working with the "kids" for many years so it is so meaningful to have them involved!

It's a pretty ambitious undertaking, with potential disaster written all over it :) but it will no doubt be memorable!

It's a sold-out house lol, 175 people. And I'm still ticked about my number being cut! The hubby and I were originally doing something ala "master of the house" from Les Mis but we were cut for time. And probably lack of talent!

For those interested in my DDs non-traditional wedding-
She and future SIL are actors (of the musical theatre variety.) they fell in love while working on a production of "Tommy" at our community theatre. DD in particular has strong ties to this theatre and so when they started thinking about the wedding, having the ceremony at the theatre felt right. They are staging a musical wedding with 5-6 numbers, some original, some parodying lyrics inserted into existing songs.

They've been keeping a lot of details secret so we'll have some surprises but I know that one of the songs they're adapting is "Belle." The bridesmaids (all 8 of them!) will be doing that number. All but 2 members of wedding party (18 total) are performers also so they're game for anything :)

They have a choreographer, lighting designer, stage manager, musical director and a set designer. All of these folks have been working with the "kids" for many years so it is so meaningful to have them involved!

It's a pretty ambitious undertaking, with potential disaster written all over it :) but it will no doubt be memorable!

It's a sold-out house lol, 175 people. And I'm still ticked about my number being cut! The hubby and I were originally doing something ala "master of the house" from Les Mis but we were cut for time. And probably lack of talent!

OH, that sounds so AMAZING!!! Someone will be videotaping, right? Now that would be a wedding I'd love to see.

Too bad your song was cut!! That would've been so cute!! Reminds me of this, hehehehehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HG2w0_WyOU

Ah hahaha! That was funny DizMe! Oh, we've gotta see pics of this wedding now Twinkletoesjohnson!! Be sure to come back and post a few!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter