Honeymoon report (I know I'm late) 10/8-10/14

helenabear

<font color=deeppink>There is hope for the helples
I know I'm late with this, but I have been super busy lately and I finally finished this at work. I had taken notes while we were on the trip so I wouldn't forget, but here it is:

Day One (Sunday 10/08):

It seemed like it was going to be a pretty good start to the day. We made it to the airport in plenty of time and boarded our flight. We were about to taxi over to the run way when we pulled back towards the gate. Apparently there was a problem with the radio for the co-pilot. To make a long story short, two hours later we were trying to book another flight out to Orlando. Well we eventually got on a flight after trying to get on another by stand by, and we made it to MCO about 6 hours later than we expected. I will say Tiffany Town Car was wonderful with all of this. They knew our flight had been cancelled and even though somehow I forgot our confirmation number they knew everything about our travel plans without even having to look it up much. When I get time I will really have to write them a letter thanking them.

We made it to the Polynesian and let me tell you how much I loved saying to the valet people at the very front “We’re staying in the concierge.” They went off, found our room number and took our bags and us over to the Hawaii building. We were taken to our room, 1510, and were told to get settled in a little and then we could check in whenever we were ready. We didn’t take long and we checked in at the concierge desk, got our tickets and after we changed into clothes more suiting to the weather, we were off to MK for a nice evening. We did a few classic rides and eventually found our way back to our room. When we got there, there was a plate with cookies and white chocolate Mickey and Minnie in wedding attire. On the plate with chocolate was “Congratulations.” I was so happy at that moment, and we looked out our window and we could see the castle, GF and the Contemporary from our patio. We went up to the concierge lounge and I fell in love with the cookies… they were WONDERFUL!!!!! Then we went to Captain Cook’s for dinner. When we came down, our beds were turned down for the evening and nice soft music was playing. We relaxed and then watched the Water Parade from our room. After that we went to bed.

Day Two (Monday 10/09):

We woke up and it was just under 60 degrees. We headed up to the concierge lounge for breakfast and truly enjoyed all that was there to eat. We walked to the TTC from our room (not too long of a walk at all), and went over to EPCOT for the day. We walked onto Spaceship Earth and then went over to Test Track, the wait was only 15 minutes at the entrance of the line, but it really only took about 7 minutes to get on the ride. I will say it was a bit windy that day so I eventually bought a jacket at Mouse Gear, which I am now glad about because it was a bit water proof for Kali River Rapids we eventually went on at Animal Kingdom. We enjoyed a quick lunch at The Electric Umbrella… I can never get enough of beef hot dogs. We managed to walk though most of EPCOT in that day and sometime in the late afternoon/early evening we went back to our room. We just hung around the resort for a while and enjoyed seeing all that was around and had a great dinner at the concierge lounge again.

Day Three (Tuesday 10/10):

Our first part of the day was spent at MGM Studios. Since this is the least favorite of our parks, we spent very little time there. Once we were finished at MGM, we took a bus over to Coronado Springs and then transferred over to Animal Kingdom. It was a beautiful day for this and we first went on Kali River Rapids. It was then that I found out how waterproof my jacket really was. The people next to me were soaked but my jacket that I just had bought repelled all of the water. Luis, my husband, decided at that point that maybe he would like the same jacket I bought too. It was beautiful weather that day, although many people thought it was still a little chilly. We wandered around all the trails at AK and then decided to go on the Safari ride around lunchtime. We had about a 30-minute wait for it and I was able to get some really really good pictures from this ride. I was really impressed with the quality of my camera. When we got back, there was an elephant made out of towels and pillows on our day bed. We joked saying that the staff must have known that we had gone to Animal Kingdom. Later on looking out from our porch, we could see a couple getting married at sunset point and it looked so sweet.

We decided to look around for a while and decided to ride over to the different hotels to see everything. We enjoyed looking around all the shops and when we came back to the Poly on the monorail, we asked if we could ride up front. Well the driver was nice and since it was our honeymoon he said we could go for a round trip ride!!! When we finished we got our official co-pilots license for the monorail. I was so excited as well as Luis was. It came close to dinnertime so we headed off to the Poly to have dinner at the concierge lounge (boy did we save so much money by doing this). Later on that night, we tried to go to watch the fireworks at EPCOT but after 20 minutes of waiting they never went off. I think that it might have been too windy that day to have fireworks going off. I read that the winds were up to 30 MPH that day.

Day Four (Wednesday 10/11):

We finally made it back to MK that day. We got up nice and early to have a good breakfast at the lounge (no I never tired of the food we got there). The weather turned warmer for us so I left the jacket back at the room. I was determined to get some color that day because we were going “out” to dinner that night at ‘Ohana and I was wearing my new dress. We were actually there for the rope drop to Fantacyland, and it was funny to see those preparing to make a mad dash for Dumbo. We actually went for Pooh ourselves and I was glad to be able to get right on it. We enjoyed going around MK and did a lot of the smaller rides. We knew we were going to do the E-ride night so we knew if we wanted we could skip the big rides. For the heck of it we decided to do fast pass for Space Mountain, and it was a 45 minute wait to go through it. We looked around a bunch of the shops, and then went on the ride. It was a short wait and I am glad. Maybe because my back and neck aren’t so good anymore, we both came out with our necks killing us.

We decided to go to Downtown Disney that day too to look around for the same jacket for Luis and to check out Disney Quest. DQ was pretty cool and I think it is worth it to go to if you have the UMPs. I could easily see how you would get your money’s worth if you spent hours there because there was so much to do there. After that we went shopping and Luis eventually found the jacket that he was looking for (identical to mine but we had a hard time finding it in a XXL). Actually someone at an information desk was able to scan the bar code and tell us which stores at the world actually had it. Fortunately a store in Pleasure Island had it so Luis went there while I checked out Pooh Corner. We did eventually have to head back to the room to get ready for dinner at ‘Ohana. I was impressed with myself because I did not spend any money at all at DD.

We came back to our room and got ready for dinner at ‘Ohana. I got in the dress I debated on buying for $30 and I felt good. Now whether I really looked good or not is another story :) Anyway, we got seated at a table really close to the window facing MK and our server was absolutely wonderful. He kept asking us if we needed anymore food, but without getting in the way of our dinner. It was nice and relaxed and I truly enjoyed it. Part way through dinner we say the Space Shuttle launch. From Lake Buena Vista all you could see was a bright light with trailings behind it, but there was no doubt what it was. I truly wish I had my camera then but it was neat to be able to say that I saw it… even from so far away. We were also sang to and congratulated on our wedding and I was very happy by the time we left. The only sad part of the evening was when I realized the trip was over halfway gone and I wasn’t looking forward to the end of our paradise. The rest of the evening we relaxed and enjoyed our suroundings.

Day Five (Thursday 10/12):

This was a fun filled day for us. We completely lazed around all morning and eventually got dressed to go to EPCOT and then onto Y&BC to use the pool (using Poly’s pool hopper pass). Somewhere around 10:00 am we headed out to EPCOT and just kind of wandered around everywhere and then eventually decided to go onto the pool. We lounged at the pool and enjoyed it. The pool is really cool but I am not sure I would ever pick that resort over another due to the pool. They had inner tubes you could use but you had to pay to rent them. I found that a bit disheartening because it would have been so cool to use one but we enjoyed just relaxing in the pool. After a while we became hungry and almost got lunch at Beaches and Cream, but decided to go onto EPCOT instead for lunch. We walked around and eventually got a pizza for lunch. We decided that that afternoon we would go onto the marina at the Poly and rent Water Mice since we enjoyed it so much the last time. We decided to go for a full hour and I never had so much fun. I went looking around the Wilderness Lodge area and all over the Seven Seas Lagoon. We went back to our room for a little while and saw yet another wedding that day near our room. It just helped to make our day even more magical.

We decided to go check out the arcade at the hotel and that day they had free plays so we did that for a while. Later on we decided to go back to DQ after dinner. Once again we had dinner at the concierge lounge and it was absolutely wonderful. They had sweet garlic chicken wings and I was in seventh heaven eating them. The only bad thing was I ate too much and I was a bit uncomfortable the rest of the evening. We went back to DQ and stayed for a long time. I enjoyed being able to play all my old favorite arcade games from the 80’s and all of the racing games they had. We really enjoyed being at DD that evening and we just walked around there for a while that evening.

Day Six (Friday 10/13):

This was a day I started to get kind of sad because I knew we only had one more day after this one. We decided to take our time getting up because we had our side by side aromatherapy massages at the GF Spa. We had breakfast (like we did every day) at the concierge lounge and then got ready to go to the spa. I will admit I was a little nervous only because I had never had a massage like that at a spa with all the frills that the GF Spa has. We walked in and got our robes and slippers. I changed into my robe and slippers and decided to go into the whirlpool to relax a for a little while. Everything was so nice and soon Jean Paul came to take me away to the room. We decided on the oil we would use and then he began to massage my back. It felt absolutely wonderful and he had wonderful hands for it. Everything was very nice with the candle and the music…everything. I was never so relaxed in my life. Unfortunately the 50 minutes finished all too soon. After that I showered and shampooed my hair (since I had oil all over me, I wanted to do this). I got dressed and met Luis out in the lobby. We then headed over to the MK for lunch at Crystal Palace. I will tell you I am in love with Pooh and really had to go here again. We had a wonderful lunch and I am grateful for the people who took pictures of Luis and I together. We got our first pictures together at this time. I can’t wait to go back to WDW just to go to lunch here again  We walked around for a while and decided to go back to our room.

We went back to our rooms to shower again, so we could feel even more clean than we had before, and so we could put some sun tan lotion on. When we went back after dinner, we spent the rest of the evening together walking around the park and going on any ride we wanted to, after we went to City Hall to get our wrist band for E-night. The longest line we had was for was the Winnie the Pooh ride. We met a nice man with a last name of Torres. We talked about a lot of things and he had a really cute son. He helped to make the wait feel even less. We even got in the same hunny pot for the ride, and we wound up seeing him a fair amount in passing.

We watched the Main Street Electrical Parade from the restaurant near Tomorrow Land. We had a really good spot until some lady took her girl and put her on the ledge right in front of us. Luis was upset because this was the first time he would have been able to see the parade really well (we didn’t have a good view the last time). Unfortunately the lady was down right rude and she left right before the parade was over. We also watched the fireworks from the same location. It was nice and we met a bunch of other very nice people who were happy to have found people who weren’t so rude (as they had run into trying to find a place to sit).

After the fireworks we made a rush to Tomorrowland and began to go on all the E-night rides. We hit them all (with the exception of Space Mountain and Splash Mt… it was too cold for the last one) including Country Bear Jamboree. I was sad to head home but it was a bit chilly and we were also a bit tired. So we headed home and packed up for the sadness of the next day.

Day Seven (Saturday 10/14):

Of course this was a very sad day for us, as we knew we had to go home. We had a week of heaven and did not want it to end. We had breakfast at the concierge lounge for the last time, packed the final things up and called the desk to have our bags picked up and stored. After that we headed over to EPCOT and decided to go on Test Track again. Because it was a Saturday it was fairly packed there (we weren’t that surprised) and the wait was supposedly 45 minutes to go on the ride. We noticed that the singles line was non-existent so we decided to try going on using that. We walked right in to the briefing room and then we both fortunately got on the same car. It was really cool to be able to do that, and I highly recommend using the singles line for Test Track. We spent the entire day at EPCOT just going on any ride we felt like and doing some things twice. We knew we were going to leave around 5:30 to make sure we got back in time for our 8:30 flight back home. We had lunch at the American Pavilion and decided to go back to the Millennium Village so Luis could play some more with the games they had there. I would have gotten my favorite dessert of flan there again but it just didn’t live up to what I had hoped for the first time I had it there. We went to the Body Works pavilion and did practically everything there. It was getting close to the time we had to leave when we decided to go to The Land and we did about half of the things there. Our final ride was us going on Space Ship Earth one last time (the music still can ring through my head). As we left, we got our hand stamped (our tradition on the last day) showing that we can go back there in the future.

We got to the Poly and had our picture taken in the lobby by the waterfall… we also bought a book for me to read on the plane as well as to get change to tip the driver of Tiffany Town Car. We got our bags from storage and we just sat down and waited for our driver to come pick us up. He showed up about five minutes early and we had a nice chat going to the airport. We got on our flight after waiting a while (we got there nice and early thanks to our wonderful driver) and after I changed into jeans from my shorts and flew on home. There was a nice guy who sat next to us who happened to know a co-worker of Luis’. The plane landed on time and my dad was there to pick us up since he had just arrived on a flight about 45 minutes prior to ours for a business trip. I was sad to have the magic over with, but it was a wonderful trip. I cannot wait to go back… whenever that may be :)

All in all we had a wonderful trip. Our DU agent, Michelle was wonderful. She got us great PS, answered all my silly questions and helped me to upgrade the room when I wanted to surprise Luis with the concierge lagoon view (I actually told him a little earlier so he would stop suggesting a ton of places to eat for dinner). She helped make the trip wonderful. Also we had a great experience with Tiffany Town Car and would definitely use them again.

mickey14a.gif
Elaine aka helenabear
°o°
DL '88
WDW '82, '83, '86, '90, '95, '99, & Oct. 2000

"I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

You can be young once but you can be immature forever!
¡Puedes ser jóven una vez, pero puedes ser inmaduro para siempre!

It sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful time! I hope my honeymoon in April is as magical!

What a magical honeymoon. :) The Poly sounds wonderful. It must be so special to look out and see weddings or fireworks. :)

Thanks for sharing your special honeymoon trip with us, helenabear. :)

Lisa

<p align=center> <font color=#FF0000 font size=4> Happy Holidays</font>
gift41.gif

<A HREF="http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/lisatx/index.html" TARGET=_blank> <font color=blue font face="Times New Roman" >Visit my DISney website -
trip reports and scrapbook pages!</A>

Sounds like you had a great Disney honeymoon. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter