Honeymoon Meals!

K.danger__

Earning My Ears
My fiancé and I are INCREDIBLY excited to be spending our honeymoon at Disney World, especially since it is both our first times since being children.

I want to make sure we have the romantic and special dinners while we are there to celebrate the occasion. I originally looked into Victoria and Albert’s but the only issue is that I can’t stand eating any form of fish/seafood! 🤢😭
That seems to be most of their menu unfortunately.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? I’ve also looked into Cali Grill for fireworks but that’s about it!

V&a will customize the menu if need be. Don’t rule it out! This would be the best meal and experience of the trip.

any of the signature restaurants are wonderful except le cellier. They want to be wonderful, but they just aren’t.

the later your dinner the better odds of having a romantic meal. Children are everywhere and can ruin a meal w 1 meltdown. But it is disney, expect it. (V&a does not allow young children and I can’t imagine anything other than impeccable manners)

Find Tim Tracker on Youtube, he and his wife did a video about eating there and he doesn't eat seafood and covered the differences between what they gave her and what they gave him! Not a huge difference, they will definitely accommodate you with alternatives!

I agree with the above - don’t rule it out! I’m quite picky and I don’t eat certain things and they’ve accommodated me ever time I’ve dined there. They call about a week out too to see if there are any dietary restrictions.

In terms of romantic dinners, we have found Jiko to be far superior in the romance dept since Cali Grill dinner, while lovely and romantic, draws more families for the fireworks view. If your trip allows, I’d splurge on the Cali Grill Brunch. Hands down best experience we’ve had. Food is exceptional, and the atmosphere is light and airy. AND you can bring your receipt back that night to watch the fireworks from the deck.

Find Tim Tracker on Youtube, he and his wife did a video about eating there and he doesn't eat seafood and covered the differences between what they gave her and what they gave him! Not a huge difference, they will definitely accommodate you with alternatives!
Found the video! I was really glad to see they can accommodate and the food looked amazing! Thank you for the reference!

I agree with the above - don’t rule it out! I’m quite picky and I don’t eat certain things and they’ve accommodated me ever time I’ve dined there. They call about a week out too to see if there are any dietary restrictions.

In terms of romantic dinners, we have found Jiko to be far superior in the romance dept since Cali Grill dinner, while lovely and romantic, draws more families for the fireworks view. If your trip allows, I’d splurge on the Cali Grill Brunch. Hands down best experience we’ve had. Food is exceptional, and the atmosphere is light and airy. AND you can bring your receipt back that night to watch the fireworks from the deck.
That’s good information! I looked at Jiko a little but just wasn’t too sure, so I’ll look more closely into that!
Also, thank you for the brunch idea!

I'm allergic to seafood, sunflower oil, spinach and kiwi. They customize my menu every time we go (we've been 10-11 times). They will contact you a few days prior to find out preferences and allergies. Also, to be fair, I've eaten ingredients there that I don't like (e.g., mushrooms) and it was delicious. But they will accommodate. I also second Jiko and Cali Grill although I've never been able to snag a brunch at the latter.

We like to try the nicer restaurants at Disney, too! Check into the menus for California Grill, Monsieur Paul, Boathouse, Jiko, Boma, Tiffins ,Chefs de France and Brown Derby. At California Grill you can watch the fireworks at MK from their balcony. If you meal is over, they will let you back up to see them {just save your receipt} . The Brown Derby also has a great lounge if you are looking for a nice place to relax with a drink and maybe an appetizer at HWS. Also, check into having the menu customized at V&A. Have fun!

Shula's at the Dolphin, Narcoossee's at fireworks time, Citrico's, Yachtsmans could all be considered romantic. These are all a little more upscale and lean towards being more adult oriented. Children are welcome at all of these but usually when you get past 7:30 there are less and they tend to be older. Have fun.

I originally looked into Victoria and Albert’s but the only issue is that I can’t stand eating any form of fish/seafood! 🤢😭
That seems to be most of their menu unfortunately.
As others have said, they will work around your dietary stricture.

except le cellier. They want to be wonderful, but they just aren’t.
I haven't agreed with anything this hard in a long time. "Welcome to Le Cellier. For a taste of Canada's fine dining, can I start you off with an Iceberg Lettuce sallad? Save room for one of our SIX maple desserts." They could have named it 'Le Cliché'

Il Mulino at The Swan is a big favorite of ours. We ate there on our honeymoon for our one "fancy"/"romantic" meal that trip, and will be there again for our 5th anniversary later this year.

Cali Grill is quite good, and you can get access to the 'Top of the World Lounge' w/ your dinner receipt for an after dinner libation and to take in the fireworks...
if it is in your price range, i would strongly encourage you to explore victoria and albert's more, even if you don't like seafood (i don't care too much for most seafood either) but it is an INCREDIBLE experience and the food is EXTRAORDINARY!!

a couple of other special 'fine dining' experiences are Monsieur Paul's and Citricos which are most excellent as well

If you are looking for any options more moderately priced, I would suggest Raglan Road and House of Blues at Disney Springs.

We spent our honeymoon at WDW in June 2018 and did one meal at Yachtsman's Steakhouse. We had been there once before in 2014 and it didn't disappoint either time. For our 2018 trip, we noted on the reservation that it was our honeymoon and they had personalized menus at our table for us (the food was personalized, but the printed menu was) which was nice!

That was the only Signature meal we had during that trip but we have also eaten at California Grill and enjoyed that!

We really like Yachtsman Steakhouse, which we did for a romantic night out a few trips ago. The meal was wonderful, the atmosphere was very relaxed and the service was outstanding. We loved walking around to the Beach Club ( the pool is so romantic with all the lights at night ) and headed over to Boardwalk for after dinner cocktails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter