• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Honeymoon Dinner Suggestions?

GunnarCharles

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I have a honeymoon trip planned for this coming August, sort of last minute considering many people plan Disney trips months and months out, but I'm looking for suggestions.

The future wife would like us to have one nice meal that isn't just quick service. She realizes I am fairly budget conscious, but we both think one nice meal is appropriate for our trip. Would anyone have suggestions for decent table service restaurants that wouldn't require a 180 day reservation, and are priced reasonably.

For an example, our one table service meal at Disneyland was Cafe Orleans. Not too fancy or expensive, just a nice splurge. I was thinking possibly Hollywood Brown Derby or maybe Cruise Cup.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

The Blue Zoo! The atmosphere is upscale and the apps would be a nice meal to share. You can reserve through Opentable instead of MDE or sit at the bar w/o a reservation. Walk around the Boardwalk afterwards and get some ice-cream at Ample Hills.

A honeymoon is a true reason to celebrate! I'd have a hard time not celebrating every night. Bluezoo is the most romantic restaurant on property IMHO, even over V&A, which is also wonderful. Sounds like you'll be at the Swolphin anyway, so that might be really convenient. The food and drinks are always on point.

We went to Hollywood on our honeymoon and the thing I liked about it was they made a big fuss about it. My wife really had a good time there. I don't remember the food just the ambiance and the ordeal they made over the newly-weds

Sanaa - at AKL ..great restaurant and a table for 2 can usually be gotten closer to the time of arrival --very nice resort to walk around after dinner and enjoy the lobby, decks for viewing animals, firepits with rocking chairs..very nice evening

Citricos -GF

On the arrival night of our honeymoon we had dinner at California Grill. They did the table decorations and everything and then they basically forced us to take our time so that we would be able to have our table while we watched wishes. It was a fantastic start to our honeymoon.

Sanaa - at AKL ..great restaurant and a table for 2 can usually be gotten closer to the time of arrival --very nice resort to walk around after dinner and enjoy the lobby, decks for viewing animals, firepits with rocking chairs..very nice evening

Citricos -GF

Jiko is also fantastic ambiance if you are out at AKL, its actually my favourite restaurant at WDW.

Hi all,

I have a honeymoon trip planned for this coming August, sort of last minute considering many people plan Disney trips months and months out, but I'm looking for suggestions.

The future wife would like us to have one nice meal that isn't just quick service. She realizes I am fairly budget conscious, but we both think one nice meal is appropriate for our trip. Would anyone have suggestions for decent table service restaurants that wouldn't require a 180 day reservation, and are priced reasonably.

For an example, our one table service meal at Disneyland was Cafe Orleans. Not too fancy or expensive, just a nice splurge. I was thinking possibly Hollywood Brown Derby or maybe Cruise Cup.

Disney did not make going resort-to-resort very easy without using a taxi (which violates being cost conscious).

Since you will be at Swan & Dolphin - blueZoo.

But if you do venture to another Resort, I recommend Grand Floridian (Narcoossee's or Citrico's), because we find the stroll through the lobby to be charming when the jazz band is playing....and Magic Kingdom fireworks are nearby.

Sanaa does a lovely daytime view of the animals....if you want to trek to AKLodge.

You might consider a Dinner Package at Brown Derby (for Fantasmic!) or Tiffins (for River of Lights) for the 'free' FP+ to these shows.

But if you can snag a meal at Cinderella's Castle to share with your Princess......pre-order a chocolate slipper for dessert.....magical!

Hi all,

What week? If you are the last week, you can do more than one for a steal...http://www.visitorlando.com/magicaldining/

California Grill! Super romantic, and you can walk out onto the observation deck to see the fireworks over Cinderella's castle.

Our favorite meal from our honeymoon was at Narcoossee's. It was a quieter dinner, great food and we loved watching the fireworks from the deck.

Maybe do Cali Grill Sunday Brunch. Has great energy, incomparable views, a trio playing music, and unlimited mimosas which adds a ton of value to one special meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter