• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Honeymoon Cruise Stories

erinburrsir

Earning My Ears
I'm going on a honeymoon cruise next month and I'd love to hear some stories of others who went on DCL for their honeymoon. What were some things the crew did to make your voyage special? I'm getting excited and would love to hear what others experienced!

The fact that most cruises are like a 1:1 passenger ratio means you'll have a great trip. You'll have the opportunity to get many photos without anyone else in them. If you have it marked on your reservation, you'll get a special dessert plate at least at Palo if you dine there.

We did our honeymoon on the Magic in 2001. I think we got buttons, but don't remember. We ate at Palo for dinner one night. Don't remember getting anything special. We were picked to play Match your Mate one night in a club. Afterwards other guests would come up and congratulate us. We were known as the honeymooners on the ship, lol.

We had a special dessert plate at Palo brunch, which was pretty nice.

But we didn’t attend match your mate or anything like that since we had late dining, the timing didn’t really work out. 🤷‍♀️ It was a nice relaxing honeymoon though!

There were honeymooners down the hall from us on our recent cruise and I definitely noticed that they used the included room service often. 😉 Also saw a honeymooning couple in wedding style outfits (she was in a white dress and they had Mickey/Minnie style wedding ears with them) getting special pictures taken on the grand stair case.

My son and his wife did a 5 night sailing out of San Diego in 2017 on The Wonder as part of their honeymoon.
They were treated very nicely and given some pixie dust. Their room steward decorated their room one night with rose petals and swan towels. They received a bottle of champagne in their room. When the had dinner at Palo they were brought glasses of champagne.

We just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary on the Dream. We wore our "Happy Anniversary" buttons all of the time, and crew members would go out of their way to wish us a "happy anniversary".

You can get buttons at Guest Services at the beginning of your trip that announce that you are "Just Married". If they know beforehand, you might find them in your stateroom.

There was a special dessert one night at dinner (our actual anniversary day) and multiple well-wishes every day on the ship and at Castaway Cay. I even had Jack Skellington and Sally wish us a "happy anniversary".

Anyway, congrats to all celebrating their honeymoons!

Our room host gave us treats in our room every time she fixed it up. It was only her second week on board and we were her first honeymooners so she said she wanted to do special things for us. <3 One night she did the whole set up with swans and rose petals.

We got a celebration cake in the MDR and at a Happy Honeymoon plate at Palo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter