Honeymoon and First Time Visit

Disneymooners14

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone!

My Fiance and I are currently planning our HoneyMoon to Walt DisneyWorld for this coming June 2014. We are planning on staying at Port Orleans Riverside and are going with the Deluxe Dining Plan. I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions to make this trip truly memorable and romantic :lovestruc :love: :blush:

Hope to hear from everyone!!

Thank you!
Disneymooners14

Sorry, I'm at work...parent conference night...and don't have time to say much.

But congrats. And enjoy planning.
Do you have your ADRs? (Advance dining reservations?.)

Hello There!

Yes, we have reserved three meals a day for all five days we will be there. I have tried to do enough research and here are a couple of our restaurants.

Raglan Road, O'hana, Be Our Guest, 50's Primetime, Yak and Yeti, Grand Floridian Cafe, and Kouzzina Kat Kora.

It's just been hard to figure out which times to go that would be the least hectic and would still give us some time to relax and not be so fast paced.

With 3meals you may not be interested, but have you looked at the dessert party?

It's extra, I forget how much.

But so very civilized. You have a great array of desserts...and a SEAT for Wishes in front of the castle.

Go to the ADR reservation site and check it out. You may not be able to be too choosy on dates, but you may be able to squeeze in.

We love it...this will be our 3rd time!

I do not know if they still give out Just Married or Honeymoon buttons, but if they do, make sure you wear them. Lots of extra magic everywhere :)

I did see that they had special Honeymoon buttons.... And we are planning on wearing them everywhere we go! What kinds of special things do they do?

Congrats!

We went there for our honeymoon as well! It was not my first time (I went a few times as a kid), however my wife, whom also shares this account, had never been - so it was hers.

It is truly magical!

Here are some tips:

- Ask for buttons when checking in or at guest services. Wear them EVERYWHERE!

- Buy Bride and Groom ears, they can be somewhat hard to find depending on time of year and busyness (more specifically the Groom ears), but you will find some if you look. Must have item, imo.

- Make sure when you make ADR's (I see you already have), that you notify them on the phone that it is your honeymoon. Certain places do certain things for special occasions.

- Visit Mickey in the theatre right past the entrance into main street in the Magic Kingdom to really start your day off with something magical (I won't spoil the surprise, but there is something new about this Mickey that is truly amazing).

- Port Orleans has a ferry boat to Downtown Disney, utilize this at night time for a romantic ride into Downtown!

- Also at Port Orleans, on certain nights there is a singer in the bar with a dancing piano. Hard to describe until you see it, but definitely catch it for a fun night.

- On a night when you aren't quite ready to go to sleep yet, or looking for a quiet couple time, take a stroll along the sidewalk to the Port Orleans French Quarter resort (the sister resort to the riverside), it is maybe a mile, and a pretty clam walk at night along the river. Hard to beat!

- When visiting Epcot, stay until close to closing and take the back exit (not the main entrance you come into) and take a ferry over to the Boardwalk resort. It is a very underrated and worthy stroll with several things to do.

- Hollywood studios is gorgeous at night time, if it happens to have any extra magic hours at night while you are there - utilize them! Truly underrated park after dark, but it is a romantic feel, and being on the smaller side helps that feeling too.

Just some other stuff, Be Our Guest for dinner (assuming that is when you are going) is an AMAZING experience! Lot of very good desserts here, but I would suggest the famous, delectable Grey Stuff :yay:Really had a great time here when we went. Happy to see you are going over to the GF for a meal, it is a beautiful resort and certainly romantic to walk around.

We have been several times and thoroughly have become Disney nerds, there is always something new to do! Have fun, hope you love it as much as we do!!! Feel free to ask us any questions if you would like, we can happily answer them!

Hello Everyone!

My Fiance and I are currently planning our HoneyMoon to Walt DisneyWorld for this coming June 2014. We are planning on staying at Port Orleans Riverside and are going with the Deluxe Dining Plan. I would really appreciate any advice or suggestions to make this trip truly memorable and romantic :lovestruc :love: :blush:

Hope to hear from everyone!!

Thank you!
Disneymooners14

:welcome:Dis Friend :disrocks: -- :teleport: Us to Disney pixiedust: coming your way..

Don't forget to join the June 2014 Thread. This is the link..http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3148951

Thank you all for the great suggestions and advice!! We are planning on that ferry ride to Downtown Disney and also eating Dinner at Be Our Guest! :cloud9:

I have one more question... I have been to Disneyland several times with my family growing up and we always went to the park from opening to close and we would just head back to our hotel room to sleep. Since this is suppose to be a little more calm what time would you suggest having dinner and breakfast so it wont be so hectic and fast paced? :confused3

I did see that they had special Honeymoon buttons.... And we are planning on wearing them everywhere we go! What kinds of special things do they do?
In our case, we got more or less the following:
-Great interaction/jokes with the 'Citizens of Hollywood' in Hollywood Studios
-Special treats in most restaurants, including confetti in our table, in the shape of a heart
-Little pieces of Nupcial March played by some entertainers, when walking by (including the now-gone Push!)
-Sometimes free dessert
-Jokes/interaction with some CM in some attractions, like our 'Nuptial Suite' being ready at Tower of Terror or the Jungle Cruise being or honeymoon cruise :)
-Lots of congrats and good vibe from a lot of people :)
-Overall, lot of CMs/visitors going out of their way to make us feel special

Just please remember this is pixie dust and does not mean that the experience will be exactly the same for you. Expect the unexpected!

That sounds incredible! pixiedust: I am starting to get really excited for our trip! I can't wait to ride the jungle cruise and see what they say! It is one of my favorite rides. :)

Can't wait to see what is in store for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter