Honey, dig out the Misty Mates! I think we're gonna need 'em again!

Pretty close to have our daily Disney itinerary down! Hope to post again in length soon...but suffice it to say we made our first Disney shopping expedition last night...more to do today! I love the shopping part :lovestruc

Pretty close to have our daily Disney itinerary down

:cool1:
:cool1::cool1::cool1:
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Yeah!

I've figured out which day I'm in each park and what attractions we MUST do. But I still need to fine tune it. We're in a competition this weekend so I won't get around to it today. In fact I need to go wake up Cindy (DD9) to do her hair and makeup. I'm guessing yours are old enough that they do it themselves now. I'm so looking forward to that.

Loving the pyramid of coolness emoticons :thumbsup2

Ahhh, don't you know it, girl! The year that all 3 of the girls could do their own hair and makeup was Liberation Day! but yet kinda sad at the same time ;)

Merde!! to a great competition weekend for your kiddos and your studio! Our concert (what we call our recital) is this coming week - so tech rehearsals, dress rehearsal and shows starting Tuesday-Saturday - I love this week of the year!!!! One of the big things to accomplish this weekend is concert gifts - we like to get or do something for each of the dancers on the competition team - do you guys do that? Any great ideas you could pass on? If you need an idea, my favorite that me and my girls have ever done is to make hair ribbons for everyone - I get spools of satin ribbon that is about a half inch wide, cut each hair ribbon at about a yard long, then using sparkly puff paint in one of our studio colors write the studio initials (IBA) vertically up and down one the last 3 inches or so of the end of the ribbon, let it dry, then glue on a coordinating colored crystal rhinestone right above the start of the initials. These are a HUGE hit and inexpensive when you have a lot of dance friends/team members!

MUST POST MORE TODAY!!! I feel like I have been slacking...when in reality I am really uber busy doing the work thing, and doing planning in REAL LIFE, not just the writing, dreaming and scheming I do when I am online ;) My computer is my timesucker!!!!! :surfweb:

:cool1:
:cool1::cool1::cool1:
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Yeah!

I've figured out which day I'm in each park and what attractions we MUST do. But I still need to fine tune it. We're in a competition this weekend so I won't get around to it today. In fact I need to go wake up Cindy (DD9) to do her hair and makeup. I'm guessing yours are old enough that they do it themselves now. I'm so looking forward to that.

30 days! That's such an exciting number!

I'd like to see a picture of these ribbon gifts, they sound great!

I have been busily typing our (OCD) detailed itinerary and obsessively pursuing some apparently hotly contested ADR's. Course, it didn't help that I couldn't start making any ADR's until late this past week. We have everything I want except for a 4th of July Fantasmic dining package for the 5 of us and one more surprise Cindy's Table ADR for just Ariel and Charming. Didn't think the evening CRT would be so hard...but we do need it for a very specific time frame on that date. I DID know, however, that the Fantasmic ADR would be challenging, but I keep calling and calling, hoping for a little pixie dust and a cancellation that will put us "in like flynn"!! Send some vibes for success our way, please!
ADR's so far -
Kona Cafe dinner
Coral Reef dinner
Chef Mickey's (breakfast for 5 on departure morning for Ariel and Charming)
Cinderella's Royal Table (breakfast for 3 on departure morning for Belle, Aurora and I)

Just need those last two to come through! But I also do have built into our daily schedule the choice of making last minute ADR's at several choices in restaurants if we decide we need more breaks in the action. I have had pretty good luck on past trips in calling the night before or the morning of a last minute ADR, so let's keep that streak alive!!! Woo hoo!

About your ADR's, hopefully more have come through for you. I made more than I needed. I still need to get rid of some. Unfortunately they aren't for times or places you said you needed. Good luck with them. In case you haven't popped into my report today here is a picture of my kids (Eeoyre DS11 and Cindy DD9) from our last competition.

Duet2010003.jpg

We had our dance studio's recital this weekend. Now I've cleaned and pressed all the costumes cause the next time they're wearing their costumes is in Disney. I'm also worried sick that I'm going to forget something at home. Or worse, that the airline will lose our luggage. Think happy luggage thought for me. But just in case I'm stuffing as much dance paraphinalia I can in our carry-ons.

One of the big things to accomplish this weekend is concert gifts - we like to get or do something for each of the dancers on the competition team - do you guys do that? Any great ideas you could pass on? If you need an idea, my favorite that me and my girls have ever done is to make hair ribbons for everyone - I get spools of satin ribbon that is about a half inch wide, cut each hair ribbon at about a yard long, then using sparkly puff paint in one of our studio colors write the studio initials (IBA) vertically up and down one the last 3 inches or so of the end of the ribbon, let it dry, then glue on a coordinating colored crystal rhinestone right above the start of the initials. These are a HUGE hit and inexpensive when you have a lot of dance friends/team members!

We don't go to that extreme. The competitive dancers all get a "baggie" with their various ribbons and metals from the GROUP numbers at the competitions.

However, at the team dinner in March (when we do our one away competition) the studio owner gives out special awards to each competitive dancer. This was our first year with this studio and my kids both got the I survived my first competition with this studio award. Others got things like the most items left in lost and found or I did my first arial. Stuff like that.

The studio owner also gave out a gift. Last year it was a type of bracelet, but this year it was a CD she burned with inspirational songs on it. My kids love dancing to all the songs.

But I'm going to pass on your hair ribbon idea for next year.

8 Days for me!

I'm assuming you're bogged down with planning and last minute preps.

Hope all is going well and that you've gotten those ADR's you were hoping for.

Yes! I have been missing in action! I don't know how all you guys do it, keeping up with posting, planning your trips, shopping, organizing, working the job to make the money to go to D-world, keeping up with the kids and their activities....jeeeesh! Life is full, isn't it??? Anyway...we are SUPER close to our departure day! Waaahooo!:cool1:

Here's some stuff I've been up to:
Got elusive ADR for Ariel and Charming at CRT - score! But no dining package for Fantasmic when we do that on the 4th of July...but they did just add a 2nd Fantasmic to the calendar for that night, so we should be just fine without the package now! yay!
Packing/laundry - started last night!
Online check in - done today!
Garden Grocer order - placed yesterday!
Shopping - last of it done last night - so many odds and ends! well...maybe I do have still even a little more to do on this front - I think I am going to be the World's Most Over-Prepared Dance Mom!
But most of all: The Mother of all Itineraries! Dare I post it here for fear of being ridiculed???? Will everyone think I have over-thought and over-planned every little detail??? And keep in mind, the itinerary does NOT include my actual touring plan for each theme park's attraction - you all know it's important to hit things in the proper order for maximum fun at a miniumum wait, right???
And just so you know, I have neither the time nor desire to plug in my Disboard nicknames that I have used in this PTR for my cast members, all names are truly us!

Oh well...here goes (keep the snickering down to a dull roar folks!)

P.S. - DOTY stands for Dancer of the Year - prestigious extra competition for pre-qualified contestants. You will see that acronym quite a bit :)

Tuesday, June 29 – no ticket day
Make sure to pack carry-on bags with everything we need for the night and morning because luggage delivery may come very late Tuesday over night!!! Make up/hair stuff, change of clothes/park shoes/underwear, face cleaning stuff, Park bag pre-packed with its stuff, toothbrush/paste, pajamas
*Tay’s carry on bag to also have all costumes/shoes/makeup/accessories/props/1 day of dance clothes/DOTY interview outfit.

Disney/Orlando Arrival Day!
-2:00 PM –Head to DSM airport straight from rehearsal at IBA (12-2 PM)
Depart DSM 4:34 PM
Arrive ORL 8:14 PM
To Coronado Springs by approximately 9:45 PM
-11:00 PM - Eat dinner/late evening snack - Pepper Market/Café Rix/Panchitos
-Swim @ Dig Site pool until midnight or earlier if tired (early morning tomorrow!)

Wednesday, June 30- Day 1 on tickets
MAGIC KINGDOM Day – Rope Drop! – ADR at Crystal Palace – 6:30 PM

-6:30 AM - Get up – get ready and TAKE breakfast for bus/turnstile wait time
-7:30 AM - Leave CSR at 7:30 AM
-8:00 AM - Arrive at MK 50-60 minutes early at approximately 8-8:15 AM
-9:00 AM - Rope drop at 9:00 AM
-2:00 PM - possible Afternoon Break – 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM – Eat/swim/ nap?
-5:00 PM - Back to MAGIC KINGDOM – ADR at Crystal Palace 6:30 PM
-6:15 PM – check in for 6:30 PM Crystal Palace ADR
11:00 PM – closing

Thursday, July 1 – no ticket day
DOTY Day! – Kona Café at Poly ADR at 8:30 PM

-9:30 AM- Sleep in – Get ready, eat in room/Café Rix/Pepper Market breakfast
-11:00 AM - DOTY check in/orientation from11 AM-12:30 PM
-12:30 PM - DOTY rehearsal from 12:30-7:00 PM (Tracy on call for Tay resort day– pool- shop)
-7:15 PM - Get cleaned up for dinner - ADR for Kona at Polynesian at 8:30 PM
-8:00 PM – Leave for Kona Cafe
Followed by either a swim at CSR Dig Site pool or go to Downtown Disney? (taxi)
Bedtime by 10:30-11:00 PM

Friday, July 2 – no ticket day
DOTY DAY!

-7:45 AM - Wake up – Get ready and in room/Café Rix/Pepper Market breakfast
-9:00 AM - DOTY Rehearsal from9:00 AM to 1:00 PM

Tracy get Mere and Matt’s grocery order and miscellaneous stuff ready for them to pick up when they arrive at midnight and drop Courtney off at our room.

-1:00 PM - Break from 1:00 to 4:45 – Eat! Swim? Rest? Downtown Disney? (taxi)
-4:45 PM - Shower! Dress for DOTY interview

-6:00 PM - DOTY interview from 6:00 PM to 6:15 PM
-6:15 PM - Eat snack and change from 6:15 to 7:35 PM
-7:30 PM - DOTY combo segment from 7:35 PM to 8:10 PM

-8:30 PM - Dinner – Pepper Market or Maya Grill? Swim at CSR?
-10:30 PM - Bedtime by 10:30-11:00 PM – Courtney/Meredith/Matt arrive at CSR at midnight – Get Courtney into our room, give Mere and Matt groceries and other stuff.

Saturday, July 3 – Day 2 on tickets
½ DOTY DAY – ½ EPCOT DAY! – Coral Reef ADR at 4:05 PM

-7:45 AM - Wake up – Get ready and in room or Café Rix/Pepper Market breakfast
-9:00 AM - DOTY Rehearsal from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Nick’s solo at 9:30 AM)

-1:00 PM - Freshen up/change for park visit – leave CSR by 1:30 PM

-1:30 PM- Bus to EPCOT World Showcase for rest of the day – 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM
-3:50 PM – check in for ADR for Coral Reef restaurant at 4:05 PM – Epcot’s The Seas with Nemo & Friends Pavilion
4:05 PM – Coral Reef ADR
-9:00 PM - Illuminations to park closing at 9:00-10:00PM
-10:30 PM - Bedtime by 10:30-11:00

Sunday, July 4 – Day 3 on tickets
(3 phase day)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios - MORNING for Rope Drop! (MIDDAY DOTY REHEARSAL) -– Mama Melrose ADR at 5:40 PM

-6:00 AM - Wake up – Get ready – TAKE breakfast for bus/turnstile wait time
-7:00 AM - Leave CSR by 7:00 AM
-7:45 AM - Arrive 1 hour 15 min minutes early before rope drop
-9:00 AM - Rope drop – 9:00 AM (Drew’s solo at 10:45 AM)
-1:00 PM - Leave Hollywood Studios no later than 1:00 PM

-1:00 PM - Back to CSR for DOTY REHEARSAL –
-2:15-3:00 PM – DOTY rehearsal

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS EVENING –

-3:30 PM - Leave CSR for Hollywood Studios around 3:30 PM
-5:20 PM – T,T,C,M & M – check in for 5:40 PM Mama Melrose dinner reservation – MUST BE DONE eating/touring by 7:30 w/out pkg if going 1st Fantasmic at 9:00 PM

-7:30 PM - Line up for the 9:00 PM Fantasmic (90 minutes early w/out pkg)
OR
-10:00 PM – Line up for 10:30 PM Fantasmic, preferred over 1st show

-10:00 PM –DHS’s 4th of July fireworks follow 1st Fantasmic or before 2nd Fantasmic
-Bedtime by 11:30 -12 PM or so

Monday, July 5 – no ticket day
COMPETITION off and on ALL DAY! (Edgar Allen Poe/Solo/DOTY dance performance)

-8:00 AM - Wake up – roll out of bed and go directly down to grab breakfast at Café Rix/Pepper Market and take it in to eat while watching Amanda’s solo at 8:40 AM
-9:00 AM -Go back to room to get ready for Edgar Allen Poe (have until 10:00 AM)
-10:15 AM -Check-in with Ami for competition at 10:15 AM
-12:15 PM-Edgar Allen Poe – then 2 ½ hours until awards (12:30 to 3:00)
-12:30 – EAT lunch – hang with team until awards
-3:00 PM - AWARDS
-3:45 PM - Get ready for Solo/snack - break from after awards until next session starts at 4:00 PM
-5:15 PM – Antebellum – Lyrical SOLO
-5:30 PM - Break - 5:30 – 9:30 PM until check-in time for DOTY Dance performance (check in guesstimate of 10:00 PM????) EAT (go to an ADR? Or quick dinner?) Then swim??? or Downtown Disney (6:30-8:30) (Taxi)???
-9:30 PM - get ready for DOTY dance performance – touch up hair/makeup/costume
-10:00 PM – Check in for DOTY dance performance
-11:00 PM – Perform DOTY dance!!!
11:15 PM – AWARDS for solo

Tuesday, July 6- Day 4 on tickets if going to fireworks in a park (otherwise a no ticket day)
COMPETITION DAY until 7:30 PM! (Hater/Awards/Do You Know Me/
Set Free/DOTY performance/Awards)

-7:15 AM - Wake up by 7:15 AM – eat and get ready
-8:45 AM - Check-in with Ami at 8:45 AM
-10:45 AM – Hater (break from 11:00-awards)
-2:00 PM – AWARDS
-2:30 PM – Break – EAT/stick with team!
-3:00 PM – Check in with Ami
-4:15 PM – Do You Know Me?
-5:45 PM – Set Free
-6:30 PM – DOTY Dance Performance
-6:45 PM – FINAL AWARDS CEREMONY – Teacher introductions (Mere)/Hollywood Studios performers announced
-7:30 PM – approximate finish time
-7:45 PM – Eat dinner/early night in – OR - park visit for parade/fireworks or Downtown Disney (taxi) or Swim?
-11:30 PM or earlier if need catch up rest – Bedtime

Wednesday, July 7- Day 5 on tickets
POSSIBLE DANCE CLASS MORNING

POSSIBLE UNIVERSAL DAY (9 AM-10 PM)
OR
DISNEY DAY (Epcot and Magic Kingdom)
OR
SPLIT DAY (UNI/DIS)

-7:30 AM – Wake up time – get ready, eat breakfast
-8:35 AM – head to whichever option is chosen: (call for TAXI now, if needed)
Options:
-8:45 AM-9:40 AM – Lyrical Class then leave for park of choice at 9:45 AM
OR
8:45 AM – leave for either Universal Studios or a Disney Park (EPCOT! &/or M.K. recommended for both AM and PM)
OR
-could also do a split day with Universal in AM/Disney in PM(EPCOT! recommended (or MK))
-Bedtime by 10:00 PM

Thursday, July 8 – Day 6 on tickets
DOTY AM Rehearsal/Animal Kingdom Day/DOTY Performance Night at Hollywood Studios

(Not planning to doing any dance classes today)

-5:30 AM – get up and ready for DOTY rehearsal
-6:00 AM – DOTY rehearsal until ???? guesstimate is 7:00-7:30 AM end time
-7:45 AM guesstimate??? – Leave for Animal Kingdom rope drop – TAKE breakfast for bus/turnstile wait time
-9:00 AM – Rope Drop at Animal Kingdom!
-3:00 PM – Leave Animal Kingdom to go back to CSR and freshen up/EAT before DOTY performance night at DHS – full makeup/hair/costume done before boarding bus (take tshirts/shorts/shoes for after performance)
-?5:00 PM???? – guesstimate of DOTY check in time for charter bus to DHS (no need for bus – Tay’s $15.00 bus fee already paid through our DOTY fee we paid in April)
7:30 PM – DOTY/Disney Showcase Hollywood Studios Performance at the
Theatre of the Stars (Beauty and the Beast auditorium)
**No charter bus AFTER! Dancers are on their own for transportation AFTER the performance and after they are done in the park for the night. EAT late dinner.
**Mere and Matt pack up room tonight as much as humanly possible! Make Magical Express reservation tonight for 9:45 AM tomorrow!
-10:00 PM - Bedtime by 10:00 PM

Friday, July 9 – Day 7 on tickets
(not planning to do any dance classes today)
Magic Kingdom/Epcot split day – Chef Mickey’s character breakfast ADR at 7:20 AM

6:15 AM – Check out! *Matt and Mere’s departure day – they need to finish packing up room, check out of room and check in luggage at RAC and get airline boarding passes BEFORE going to breakfast – both need to go TOGETHER to lobby to start this process by no later than 6:15 AM (get up by 5 AM?) Store carry-on at Luggage Storage. Wear what you want to fly in!

T, T & C -
-5:30 AM – get up and ready for character breakfast and travel day M & M - T, T, & C park visit day
6:30 AM – call for Taxi
-6:45 AM - leave for Contemporary Resort by 6:45 AM for Chef Mickey’s character breakfast - TAXI (cash)
7:20 AM – ADR for Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary Resort

-8:30 AM – Matt and Mere back to CSR for departure –Have ONE HOUR 15 MIN to get back to CSR and check in at Magical Express by 9:45 AM (TAXI (cash) to CSR or walk or monorail to MK/TTC to catch BUS to CSR) GET CARRY-ON FROM STORAGE!

8:30 AM – Court/Tay/Tracy – onto the Magic Kingdom for 9:00 AM Rope Drop!
12:00 PM – BREAK! Take afternoon break back at CSR – rest/swim/eat
3:00 PM – leave for either Animal Kingdom (closes at 7 PM) and/or Hollywood Studios for the rest of the night until 9 PM.
9:00 PM – CSR – pack up room as much as humanly possible tonight!!!! Make Magical Express reservation tonight for 11:45 AM tomorrow!
11:00 PM – Bedtime by 11:00 PM

Saturday, July 10- Day 8 on tickets
T/T/C DEPARTURE DAY! Cinderella’s Castle ADR - character breakfast – 9:20 AM

-6:00 AM – get up and ready, finish packing – wear what you want to fly in!
-7:15 AM – ALL must go to lobby together with luggage to RAC, get airline boarding passes and check out of room. Store carry-on with Luggage Storage
-8:15 AM – TAXI (cash) or bus to Magic Kingdom – arrive by 9:00 AM
-9:20 AM – ADR at Cinderella’s Royal Table

-10:30 AM – TAXI (cash) or BUS - we have ONE HOUR 15 MIN to get back to CSR to check in for Magical Express by 11:45 AM. GET CARRY-ON BAGS FROM STORAGE!

11:45 AM – Board Magical Express to Orlando International Airport
Flight – 2:42 PM

If you stuck around to the end of this novel, congrats! popcorn:: :cheer2: or you are as crazy as I :sick:

Critique away! Let me know if any of the plans are crazy or just plain not gonna work! Or any helpful suggestions would be gratefully received, too!

About your ADR's, hopefully more have come through for you. I made more than I needed. I still need to get rid of some. Unfortunately they aren't for times or places you said you needed. Good luck with them. In case you haven't popped into my report today here is a picture of my kids (Eeoyre DS11 and Cindy DD9) from our last competition.

Duet2010003.jpg

We had our dance studio's recital this weekend. Now I've cleaned and pressed all the costumes cause the next time they're wearing their costumes is in Disney. I'm also worried sick that I'm going to forget something at home. Or worse, that the airline will lose our luggage. Think happy luggage thought for me. But just in case I'm stuffing as much dance paraphinalia I can in our carry-ons.

I LOVE the duet pic of your DS and DD - beautiful! Thanks for sharing it!!

We, too, are stuffing all dance comp. related gear into the carry-ons...figure regular everyday stuff is way easier to replace if luggage is lost or delayed than to replace costumes and dance shoes...that would be plain impossible to do! :scared1:

Can't believe we are this close! and that I feel like I have things pretty much in control with only 4 days to spare! Bring on Dance America and bring on Disney World! Woo hoo!:woohoo:

Added on an ADR (well, technically 2 ADRS) on for dinner on Tuesday, July 6...made two because I didn't know if we would rather trek to the Polynesian or to Downtown Disney - we will just cancel one on the day of after we get a feel for what we are in the mood for :) One ADR is for Ohana's at 9:45 PM and the other is for Wolfgang Puck Cafe for 9:00 PM. Decisions, decisions!

3 more days! AHHHHHHH!:thumbsup2

That is quite a schedule!:worship:

Mine's not quite as complicated. But then, it's just four of us and I don't have to worry about DOTY.

We will be at CP on the 30th too. Our ADR is for 5:45 so look for us! I think that's the only day that we'll be at the same park.

Here's my quick overview

June 30-arrive am-check in and swim, head to MK for afternoon parade, CP 5:45, fireworks and parade.

July 1- HS day

July 2-Epcot day

July 3-Dance am, waterpark, dance pm

July 4-Dance am, maybe visit a friend's condo, Downtown Disney PM

July 5-No dancing, AK morning, waterpark pm,

July 6-Dance early am, waterpark later am, depart for home pm.

BTW any idea how much it is to view the performances?

We just got our disney park tickets yesterday. They actually say "Youth" on them. I'm a bit worried about that. There is a family that's driving down today so they arrived just in the nick of time. That family actually wanted to leave yesterday but without the park tickets they waited.

Speaking of that family, their daughter is the same age/size as mine. At our last practice she opened her bag and found two left jazz shoes. She asked everyone if they had two right shoes. My daughter had another practice just before so was already wearing the shoes in question. No one asked her directly about the shoes as they peaked in the studio and saw her wearing them. They figured she had the right shoes. That family had already bought their daughter the next size shoes up (our local dance store had a sale) so they decided to just take the new ones to Disney with us for competition. So they're okay. But now I'm not.

Last night when I unpacked her dance bag I found two right shoes. My daughter just put them on and didn't know the difference. She said her foot felt kind of funny but it didn't really bother her. So now, since that other family has left, we're left with two right feet. The sale is over at the dance store and I'm not about to buy new ones so if you look closely at my daughter's jazz dance you'll notice she'll have two right feet.

And I was worried about all the shoes and stuff making it safely on the plane and over the border. Turns out my Cindy(DD9) can't even take the right stuff home from our own studio. :confused3

This is not the first time this has happened. At our competition in Buffalo (our qualifier for Disney) Miss Cindy came home with three tap shoes and three hip hop shoes!:lmao:

I'm trying to organize and get packing. I can't believe how close it is. I'm in the midst of doing laundry but of course my two dancers are at sleepovers and they have clothes I need to wash so we can take. But I'm always in the midst of doing laundry.:laundy:

We will be at CP on the 30th too. Our ADR is for 5:45 so look for us! I think that's the only day that we'll be at the same park.
****I noticed that myself! I hope we figure out who is who...I think I would recognize you and your two kiddos now from your posted pics - and maybe you will me and my Aurora from my Facebook pics (I STILL haven't taken time to figure out posting pics here on the DIS!:lmao:)

BTW any idea how much it is to view the performances?
****It is $12.00 for each individual session for spectators or you can get an 8 session pass which is discounted for $80.00.

We just got our disney park tickets yesterday. They actually say "Youth" on them. I'm a bit worried about that. There is a family that's driving down today so they arrived just in the nick of time. That family actually wanted to leave yesterday but without the park tickets they waited.
****Egads, that was cutting it close! The YOUTH marking would have me a little concerned, too, but I am sure it is fine - surely you have a receipt that shows your payment for youth AND adult priced tickets, so I would take that as an extra safeguard as proof of proper payment :thumbsup2 Ours will be on our KTTW cards, which I love the convenience of!

Speaking of that family, their daughter is the same age/size as mine. At our last practice she opened her bag and found two left jazz shoes. She asked everyone if they had two right shoes. My daughter had another practice just before so was already wearing the shoes in question. No one asked her directly about the shoes as they peaked in the studio and saw her wearing them. They figured she had the right shoes. That family had already bought their daughter the next size shoes up (our local dance store had a sale) so they decided to just take the new ones to Disney with us for competition. So they're okay. But now I'm not.

Last night when I unpacked her dance bag I found two right shoes. My daughter just put them on and didn't know the difference. She said her foot felt kind of funny but it didn't really bother her. So now, since that other family has left, we're left with two right feet. The sale is over at the dance store and I'm not about to buy new ones so if you look closely at my daughter's jazz dance you'll notice she'll have two right feet.

And I was worried about all the shoes and stuff making it safely on the plane and over the border. Turns out my Cindy(DD9) can't even take the right stuff home from our own studio. :confused3

This is not the first time this has happened. At our competition in Buffalo (our qualifier for Disney) Miss Cindy came home with three tap shoes and three hip hop shoes!:lmao:
****This can be the most stressful part of being a competitive dance family, don't you think? Keeping track of all the bits and pieces, making sure you have YOUR stuff and not mixing up with others on the team, worrying that you haven't forgotten anything...that is what keeps me awake at night :lmao: I don't know if you do this, but at busy, costume quick-changing competitions, we take a pop up hamper and every item goes directly into it as it is stripped off - shoes, tights, costume, accessories all go plop immediately into the hamper - then it doesn't get mixed with others changing nearby and I worry less about mix-ups and loss. Then we can sort it and rehang when we have a moment later or do all of it at the end of the day. It has worked wonders for us since we started using this method!

I'm trying to organize and get packing. I can't believe how close it is. I'm in the midst of doing laundry but of course my two dancers are at sleepovers and they have clothes I need to wash so we can take. But I'm always in the midst of doing laundry.:laundy:[/QUOTE]
****I have all of our gear that is not clothing-related all packed and organized now. Just currently finishing up the bit of laundry for the girls that will be needed that is not already in their Disney pile (yay for me, MINE is already completely done and in its pile, ready for the suitcase, I just need to add my last minute toiletries that need packing on the day of departure!)

****Aurora and I are very excited - we just received her senior solo costume that we had made by our seamstress, it is sooo pretty! We think we are going to debut it at Nationals instead of the costume she has worn all year for the solo she's doing at Nationals - it is just too pretty and new and exciting to not want to wear it NOW...so even though doing this will make it not be the first time wearing it when she does her actual senior solo this coming year, we think her last Nationals as a competitive dancer is special enough to warrant wearing it early :) It will be fun to see her in something new and fresh after her dancing this solo in the same costume the last 7 times she has performed it...I think it might give her that extra little pizazz and pixie dust to push herself even harder when she competes next week :wizard:
Thanks for the update - keep me posted on your progress and I will do the same! I am so excited for the trip and the competition!

My, my, my. I can't believe you are almost ready to go! I hope you have a MOST magical time, that you enjoy your stay at CSR and that you receive lots of pixie dust and great weather while you are there. ENJOY!!!!

My, my, my. I can't believe you are almost ready to go! I hope you have a MOST magical time, that you enjoy your stay at CSR and that you receive lots of pixie dust and great weather while you are there. ENJOY!!!!

Thanks so much, Kathy! I know even before we go that I owe a lot to your wonderful info on the CSR for the fun I know we will have on this trip! You have made CSR come to life for us prior to our arrival, and it will truly feel like home while we are there for our 11 night adventure! Keep up the good work, and I will try to check in for live reports or at the minimum update everyone on our trip when we get back. Thanks for the :wizard:

See you on the flipside!

Have a safe trip and I hope we will run into each other.

I'll look for you at CP

Have a safe trip and I hope we will run into each other.

I'll look for you at CP

Safe travels tomorrow to you and your kids, too! I will keep on eye out for you, surely we are going to come across each other and recognize one another :thumbsup2
Yay! so excited and ready! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter