Homemade Bulletin Board

lewdyan1

DIS Veteran
Today I decided to be productive. I saw a 4' X 4' decorated wall bulletin board at Pottery Barn Teen that I loved, but was $700.00 with shipping.:eek:
So I decided to make my own version for my DD's room...here's how it came out. It will be really cute when she hangs up photos and other fun stuff!
e85a6568.jpg

This is what the original Pottery Barn Board looks like. I think a lot of you are more creative and therefore might be able to make it look better than mine.
img97m.jpg

I just bought a 4x4 foot piece of cork from Home Depot and a 4x4 piece of 1/4" ply wood, glued it down and then covered it with fabric (stapled down on the back). We add the white frame (just pieces of 1x2 wood we painted white). I guess the Pottery Barn one used 1x1' cork squares each decorated differently and then glued down, looks cool, but too much work for me. We were done in about one hour. She now added hooks up top and has hung her medals from there.:)

Love it Dyan!!
My DD is making one of those next year for a 4-H project for home environment!! She already has the design, the colors and now is searching for the sales to get the right fabric.. Than she said we could run out and buy the paint for the walls the same day...

What? Does she think I'm painting?? That's DH's job... so she'll have to take a swatch of that fabric w/ her and her dad... I scrapbook while he remodels.. it's a great compromise..

This is what the original Pottery Barn Board looks like. I think a lot of you are more creative and therefore might be able to make it look better than mine.
img97m.jpg

Ooooh! My creative juices are flowing!! I see a new memo board coming for my scrap room!

VERRRY CUTE!!!!

The one from Pottery Barn also looks pretty easy to make! They sell the smaller cork squares at Hobby Lobby :) Hmmm...do i really need another project???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter