Homemade AUTOGRAPH books! Heres mine, lets see Yours :)

I consider myself pretty creative and I look at this books and I am blown away with how beautiful some of them are. Wow the work some of you must have put into these. Thanks for all of the pointers.

THanks for the Fabulous idea!!!!! I made one of these for my boys to use on our upcoming trip!!!! I hope this link works! I would love to share the one I made!

http://share.shutterfly.com/share/r...ffd6c51f50cf4ab00f16ca9e1e&sid=0QYs2LZw0aMX4w

I didn't physically make DS's, but I digitally created it...

I made a photo book from pictures from DS's previous trip. He got ridiculous amounts of character interaction. I started to feel sorry for the people in line behind us because each character was enthralled with his autograph book. I tried to hurry things along, but the characters, handlers and even those poor people behind us were crazy about the idea! Meeko at AK took the book and walked away from the handler!! :lmao:

So, each character had his/her own page, and I made generic pages in the back for characters DS hadn't met. I already had books made for DS and DNiece for our September trip. :woohoo: DS loves to show off his book, and has taken it to show and tell a couple of times.

IMG_7801.jpg

IMG_7803.jpg

IMG_7804.jpg

IMG_7805.jpg

IMG_7806.jpg

Here are a few characters perusing the book...Meeko loved the pic of Pocahontas, Alice pointed out all of her friends and Mary Poppins told DS how excited she was to be in the next book (since this was the first time he met her).
WDWDec036.jpg

WDWDec165.jpg

WDWDec215.jpg

Do you know how long it takes to get the books after you place the order? We leave in 10 days and I would love to do this, but not sure we would get it in time.....

I am not sure. Some places you can make them and pick them up at places like Walgreens and Target. I would look into doing one somewhere like that. Maybe even walmart.

Do you know how long it takes to get the books after you place the order? We leave in 10 days and I would love to do this, but not sure we would get it in time.....

I did one on Kodak and just paid for 2 day shipping. Their site will tell you the processing time. I think the places where you pick them up like Walgreens or CVS you have to wait for them to be shipped to the store.

I made one for my DS's 7th birthday 2 years ago and just made another one for my DD's 7th birthday trip last week. It took a bit of time to make the book. I had to sort through photos from all our prior trips, put them in some sort of order, upload all the photos, choose they layouts for each page....

I will say she did get lots of attention. The characters LOVED seeing themselves especially the less common characters like Meeko, Terk, Flik, King Louie.... When we saw King Louie and Baloo as we were walking away the character handler came running after us asking if we could hang around because King Louie wanted to sign the book but couldn't do it in front of any other guests. The handler had to shove the pen in between his plastic fingers. King Louie did an awesome job-even put a crown on the "i". My DD was thrilled to have such a special autograph!!!:love:

I should also mention that we spent a lot of time in the parks getting autographs and thus less ride time. She was all for it and I wanted her to have a special book for her birthday trip. This isn't something we would do on every trip.

I had pages for characters I thought would be easy to find and for character meals. Then I had 2 pages with 12 small photos of less likely characters-I put a blank page for signing next to these pages. The only "big" characters we didn't find were Piglet-Crystal Palace was closed and the only place he was was in the UK and he was sick the 2 days we checked there. We also didn't find Max-he's not out anymore even though we just saw him in August and we also didn't find Mushu-he is out sometimes but not everyday and not the 3 days we checked.

I also added extra blank pages for characters we didn't have photos for.

I got the 9 x 10.25" book and it just fit in a gallon zip lock bag.

Our dd has been a few times to DW and has had a different autograph book each time.

On our last trip, I made one myself and then printed as many pictures of Disney character as I could find. At night, she would cut out the pictures for the signatures of the day and she would glue them on the correct page. We also brought along crayons and stuff so that she could decorate the pages.

The year dd (14) and friend who will be with us (10) are going to have another type of autograph book. I wasn't able to find the correct size of book with binding and blank pages. Instead of running around, I bought two chipboard mini clipboards with 2 booklets of 50 sheets each for them. They decorated the covers (which turned out nicely) and will pull out the signed pictures each evening. I will once again print as many pics of the characters as I can find. Once we get home, they will make a scrapbook around their autographs. We plan on taking lots of pictures of the characters with the girls to add to their scrapbooks.

The girls are quite pleased with their creations. Will try to take pictures and add them here.

How do I get ahold of the people with these threads? I have looked at the pages. These are great. the person is Donatalie. They won't let me add the link.

On second editing: I think I have figured this out, but if you would still contact me that would be great. Since I haven't posted much it restricts me. But what I have seen tonight makes me want to start working right away.

I can't wait to take Joey to Disney!!

Hope this is the right thread! I've only started today so so far I only have 6 pages done, Mickey and Friends. However, hopefully I've learned a lot and can now crank them out a bit quicker. I plan to have this printed in a 7x5 book if I can get it together quickly. I also plan a Princess section, a Fairy section, a Villain section, a Movie section (where I'll have some generic movie pages for Toy story and other characters that aren't in sooner), and a Generic page section.

This link should automatically show new pages as I add them.

http://www.artscow.com/share/9x57f8n1pzg1

Here are pics of the ones I did. I plan on putting pics of the boys on the opposite page for them to look through after the trip. They turned out much bigger and heavier than I expected. I still need to print some generic cards for other characters we may run across. Extra pages can always be added after we get home. The cards were found on the Disigns boards (I think from Natalie).

100_1944.jpg

100_1945.jpg

100_1946.jpg

100_1947.jpg

Everyone is so creative! Kind of makes me want to make my own now!

Do you know if the sharpie bleeds through if you use cardstock? Is it better to use a pen or a sharpie?

Do you know if the sharpie bleeds through if you use cardstock? Is it better to use a pen or a sharpie?

Depends. With thinner card stock, some of it will bleed through. However, I purchased some thicker card stock from Hobby Lobby (can't think of the name but it was textured card stock with a white core) and the sharpie did NOT bleed through.

I just made 5x7 softcover books on Shutterfly -- ordered them WEDNESDAY NIGHT at around 11pm with EXPRESS 1 day shipping. Estimated delivery date was next Wednesday, but I have them in my hands NOW!

I'm so tickled with them! I will have to get some pictures. I basically used screen shots from movies or graphics I found online and did some basic graphic editing in Photoshop Elements to make each page one picture (instead of using their layouts). Have I mentioned how tickled I am with the results??

I ordered mine last weekend. Still waiting - hope it is not too small. I went for a 6x8 size hard cover with matt pages so that (hopefully) we can use a pen other than a sharpie. I thought it might bleed through even the glossy pages.

5x7 are about the size of the ones they sell (maybe even bigger), so you should be fine. I had a coupon for a free 7x9 but (1) the resolution of my graphics wouldn't have supported that size and (2) I didn't want to lug around a bigger book (which was actually more of a consideration when looking at the 8x8 or 12x12).

I have been thinking of making an "Ultimate" autograph book with more oddball characters (4 per page) for our next MNSSHP trip, when more oddball characters come out of the woodwork. But even these little books (44 printed pages plus the covers) were SO MUCH WORK. Let me put the babe down for a nap and then I can upload some pages and share them form the PC upstairs.

Me again. Here are some samples of the pages I made.

Emma's cover:
emmacover2.jpg

Aladdin (screen captures + web graphic):
aladdinfinal.jpg

Monsters, Inc. (screen capture + web graphics):
monstersfinal.jpg

Princess & Frog (screen captures + web graphics):
tianacopy.jpg

"Generic" (any character) page:
pinkmickeycopy.jpg

The main images are faded out to about 30-40% opacity to allow for signatures to go right over them if need be.

Credit to http://www.obsidiandawn.com, for the fancy frame brush plugins for Photoshop Elements, and also the "Dingbats" brushes I used to make the Mickey on the last page. Credit to Scott Smith (SrisonS), who gave permission to use some of his great Disney photos in the book, though not pictured here. Credit to the designer of the pages on http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii270/bxtx/Disney Autograph Pages/?start=all for inspiration, although I would note that the pictures in that album are not of sufficient resolution to turn out well in a 5x7 album. Credit to Larry Geiger (http://www.larrygeigerdesign.com/ if you're in the market for a graphic designer) for putting up with my amateur, beginner Photoshop questions and answering them graciously.

How do I get ahold of the people with these threads? I have looked at the pages. These are great. the person is Donatalie. They won't let me add the link.

On second editing: I think I have figured this out, but if you would still contact me that would be great. Since I haven't posted much it restricts me. But what I have seen tonight makes me want to start working right away.

I can't wait to take Joey to Disney!!

If you want step by step instructions about how to make your own autograph book, the thread is here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160 on the Creative DISign forum. It includes the links to some of the autograph book page designers, as well as an updated list of characters that you are most likely to see right now in the parks. :goodvibes

Here are the one's I made for the upcoming trip for the girls. The boys both want pirates so I have to go exchange the Cars stuff for the youngest to pirates...I don't have a Martha Stewart bone in my body, so sorry that they are such poor quality... :sad2:

IMG_1282.jpg
IMG_1284.jpg
IMG_1285.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter