Homecoming First Timer

dsnyfan608

Mouseketeer
We are so excited to have gotten a ressie for Homecoming! We have a 6 pm reservation. Any suggestions or “must try’s”?

If you're a fan of sweeter cocktails, I totally recommend the Apple Pie a la Mode. It tastes exactly like an apple pie. I also like the Blue Hooch, though it is strong alcohol wise and has a sour taste to it.

For food, I love the Fried Chicken, the Shrimp & Grits, and the Mac & Cheese. The portions are kinda big (at least for me lol) so I like that I can take the leftovers back to my room and enjoy them later. My mom loves the Chicken Biscuits on the appetizer menu, she orders them as an entree and they're big enough to be shareable.

I think you'll enjoy anything at Homecoming - this restaurant is one of my favorites and a must do for my group every trip.

Yes you can order all dark. I do it every time I go and never had an issue.

I don't love the actual doughnuts so I prefer to just order the fried chicken with Mac & Cheese on the side.

I like the shrimp and grits, the fried green tomatoes and the Hamilton salad. Portions are huge, so order cautiously. They make a nice Old Fashioned.

Shrimp and grits are tasty. Biscuits are really good. My son likes the chicken - I like my mill’s better. I find the mac and cheese to be lacking in both flavor and cheese. It looks amazing and looks really cheesy, but it doesn’t taste like quality southern mac and cheese. I think I’m the only person on the planet who thinks this, though! Drinks have always been yummy and pretty strong. My son also loves the deviled eggs.

The deviled eggs, thigh High chicken biscuits, and Mac and cheese are our go tos.

Shrimp and grits are tasty. Biscuits are really good. My son likes the chicken - I like my mill’s better. I find the mac and cheese to be lacking in both flavor and cheese. It looks amazing and looks really cheesy, but it doesn’t taste like quality southern mac and cheese. I think I’m the only person on the planet who thinks this, though! Drinks have always been yummy and pretty strong. My son also loves the deviled eggs.

Actually you aren't! I had the mac and cheese once several years ago and didn't like it at all. It seemed as if the only cheese involved was where they had topped it off with cheese prior to baking it. The noodles themselves were just kind of coated in a tasteless sauce. It wasn't that creamy, cheesy goodness I look for with quality mac and cheese. I've heard so many rave reviews of it since then that I assumed it was just an off night :confused3 . I haven't tried it again though, so I can't say.

Actually you aren't! I had the mac and cheese once several years ago and didn't like it at all. It seemed as if the only cheese involved was where they had topped it off with cheese prior to baking it. The noodles themselves were just kind of coated in a tasteless sauce. It wasn't that creamy, cheesy goodness I look for with quality mac and cheese. I've heard so many rave reviews of it since then that I assumed it was just an off night :confused3 . I haven't tried it again though, so I can't say.
You make me feel seen (and sane)!

A picture of the Chicken & Donuts. I substituted the side that came with it for the Corn Succatach. If it is on the Menu I highly recommend it.I had this on both our dinners and really enjoyed it.
DH had Shrimp & Grits and BBQ Pork for his dinners. Both were very good. I recommend the Hushpuppies for an appetizer.

Attachments

• 20191117_185605.jpg
    20191117_185605.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 25
The Shine cake and hummingbird cake are really good. I find the deviled eggs to be a little bland. They are fine but not as tasty or flavorful as mine. Fried green tomatoes and Jaspar board are good.

Another vote for the chicken thigh biscuits. Definitely big enough for an entree and they were fantastic! My friends asked me to get another ressie there later that week, they loved it so much.

We tried Homecomin for the first time on our last trip and we absolutely loved it. The chicken and doughnuts was what I ordered and I would not hesitate to get it again. The doughnut was not your typical, everyday type but it was very good all the same.

There are some great pics of Homecomin's food posted in the Disney Food Pictures VI. I'd posted a couple of pics too; one of the hummingbird cake and one of the shine cake, but can't find 'em now :(

We've dined there several times and love it. Actually we've got ressies for our June trip :-)

Homecomin’ is my must-do reservation every trip. My standard order consists of appetizers: Key West Shrimp Cocktail for me and the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits to share. And Hummingbird Cake for dessert. I have it booked for our next trip and I’m considering booking a second reservation there since it’s a 2 week trip and I’d like to try more of the things we haven’t gotten before.

DH & I ate here for the first time a few weeks ago. We shared the fried green tomatoes which were one of the best things we've eaten in Disney. DH had the fried chicken sandwich & loved it. I had the thigh high chicken & biscuit. I'm in the small minority but I thought they were gross. I found them to be slimy, fatty & greasy-yuck. Everything else was so good though that Homecomin is now on our list of must do's for every trip!

I order the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits appetizer as an entree almost every time. It's one of my favorite meals on property. They give you three huge biscuits, so I end up bringing one back to the room and eating it for breakfast.
They’re amazing. I can't even imagine finishing this dish although I require a side of grits. Best I've ever had.

Some of the best sangria you'll ever have also. White or red, can't go wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter