Homecomin v Morimoto v Jaleo

pezgirlroy

DIS Veteran
I know that tastes are subjective but if you had to pick one for a dinner for two adults on the last night of a kid free vacation. Which one would you pick. :) Husband does not eat fish/seafood so keep that in mind. Thanks as always.

I've eaten at Jaleo and Homecomin', but not Morimoto. I loved both.

Jaleo was more expensive. Our group of five shared endless tapas, a pitcher of sangria, and two desserts, leaving absolutely stuffed, paying about $60 each, with a 20% discount. Service was top notch. Food even better. Didn't have a bad bite of food the entire meal. My friend who has been to Spain and was excited to revisit the cuisine said they were the best croquettas she's ever tasted. She left impressed, and that's hard to do. I'm a bit more easy to please.

Homecomin' is wonderful and you will also leave stuffed, while paying a little less. The fried green tomatoes are an all time favorite Disney appetizer of mine. The food will stick to your ribs. It's quite hearty and heavy. I grew up with this kind of food and it's some of the best I've ever had in a restaurant. Great service in my experience as well. I dined solo both times I was there and the servers made me feel right at home.

Price - Homecomin' has been less expensive in my experience
Atmosphere - Jaleo was a bit "nicer" and Homecomin' more casual
Food - You can't go wrong with either

We have eaten at all three. Our favorite is now Jaleo. We have been to Barcelona a few times

I would save Morimoto for a meal that is hubby free 😉

I would recommend Jaleo as it is a wide range of options and a prettier space. Homecomin’ is good (not a raving fan but it’s good) but can be raucous.

They are very different types of foods. Jose Andres is my favorite chef and I love all of his restaurants, so I would put Jaleo first. Then I would probably go with Morimoto followed by Homecomin'. It isn't that I don't like Homecomin' but the type of food they serve there (Southern Comfort) I can make myself.

Homecomin' is the most casual of the three. I wouldn't say the other two are fine dining, but I would say they are more in the "date night" category. Homecomin' has amazing food but if you want it to be more of a special occasion, I think the atmosphere in the other two are better geared towards that.

Haven't been to Homecomin' as honestly the menu simply doesn't appeal to either DH or I. But we both love Morimoto and just tried Jaleo last week and it's definitely staying on the list. I'm allergic to all seafood and I have no problems finding enough to eat at either. Jaleo really reminded us of Barcelona (especially the sangria and the pan con tomato) and I'm very fond of the duck ramen soup at Morimoto although I can rarely finish it (especially after having some of the ribs which I simply cannot pass up).

I know that tastes are subjective but if you had to pick one for a dinner for two adults on the last night of a kid free vacation. Which one would you pick. :) Husband does not eat fish/seafood so keep that in mind. Thanks as always.
Tough choice, but fortunately there isn't a wrong answer. All of these are really good and we have dined there multiple times. For an adult meal I'd lean towards Jaleo mostly for the atmosphere and the "different" menu. (Seafood isn't a big thing at Jaleo).

Homecomin can be a bit crowded and noisy at times but still is a great place to eat. Morimoto would be heavier on seafood but there are still some good choices.

I haven't tried Jaleo. Last trip DH and I got a table on the outside patio at Homecomin and had such an enjoyable meal listening to the duo playing there. DH is not a chicken and biscuits fan but raved about their Thigh High Chicken Biscuits.

Morimoto is also awesome and more upscale than Homecomin. We were there for lunch and paid an extra credit to uograd to their nicer steak dish and mmmm...it melted in our mouths. And yes, their ribs lived up to the hype!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter