Homecomin’

dSp12

Earning My Ears
Anyone having trouble getting a Homecomin’ adr? Tried to book 60 days out and there’s nothing! Wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Anyone having trouble getting a Homecomin’ adr? Tried to book 60 days out and there’s nothing! Wondering if anyone else is having this issue.
I have been trying as well but have not seen it once. I thought it was just that popular, I’m not sure what normal availability there is

I had no luck for any availability when my 60 days came up, but I called the restaurant directly (not Disney Dining) and I got a reservation without issue. You won't be able to link it the MDE, but Homecoming definitely has a separate bucket of reservations outside of the Disney ADRs.

I had no luck for any availability when my 60 days came up, but I called the restaurant directly (not Disney Dining) and I got a reservation without issue. You won't be able to link it the MDE, but Homecoming definitely has a separate bucket of reservations outside of the Disney ADRs.

Is this recently ? In the past I’ve had no issues calling up but a couple weeks ago they told me I had to book through MDE, though they have walk ins also.

Is this recently ? In the past I’ve had no issues calling up but a couple weeks ago they told me I had to book through MDE, though they have walk ins also.
I called on August 24th to secure an October 23rd reservation.

From what I have read here it always seems hit or miss depending on who answers the phone. If you call and they tell you to book through MDE, call back at a later time and hope to get someone different on the phone.

From what I have read here it always seems hit or miss depending on who answers the phone. If you call and they tell you to book through MDE, call back at a later time and hope to get someone different on the phone.
Exactly. I called yesterday and they told me to go to the Disney app to make a reservation.

It is such a popular restaurant. I was able to make a reservation for brunch but I had to book for 6 people when there will only be 2 of us. I use a reservation finder website and when looking for a small party there is pretty much no availability. When looking for larger parties, there is a ton of availability. I feel bad that we will only be a party of 2 when they are expecting a party of 6 but that was the only way to eat here!

It's a hard reservation to get, but if you're willing to get there when they open you can sometimes get a table, that's what I did my last trip.

There's a few Disney spots where 60 days out just is never available an you need the on-site +10 for a chance (well, a chance at a easy click ressie without dining alerts, constant refreshing for weeks, etc). This is one of them.
(Why, yes, I have been occasionally checking 60 day availability for places over the last year in a panic since I can't see my + days yet and making two extra backup plans for each day in case we can't get our first choices when I get there - why do you ask? :earsboy: )

Homecomin' for dinner goes quickly, and extra quickly if you want anything after 6 and before 8. Lunch is much easier.

Thank you for the hint. I wanted ressies for two and times didn't show, but lo and behold there were reservations for four.

I don't believe this is an IT issue. This is by design.

I couldn't get a ressie at 60 days but I used the reservation finder on touringplans. They notified me when a reservation came available at 33 days out from our trip . Exact day and time I wanted. I couldn't sign in to MDE fast enough to grab it. :) You may want to give that a try.

The only reservation I was able to get on my 60 days out was at 8:40 PM, much later than my partner and I would prefer. We have alerts set up, and today I received an alert for a reservation at 8:20 the same evening. By the time I pulled the app up the reservation was already gone. I'll keep trying though because I've been wanting to try Homecomin' for so long!

Homecoming is hard to get. Some of the other Disney Springs restaurants use Open Table, but not Homecoming. They have a bar too, but I don't know how they are handling the bar seating right now. I think you can still order the full food menu at the bar.

I called them today, and the person I talked with would not do a reservation over the phone, but did imply that they keep a lot of tables out of the Disney reservation system for walk-ins, which they recommended we do.

I managed to get an 8:20 reservation today. I wonder if we arrived at 8:00 we could get in a little early.

Glad it's not just me. I've been trying to get reservations for a late Oct. trip for a while now. I have a touringplans finder running as well.

I guess I'll try a larger party size or just walking in.

Homecoming is hard to get. Some of the other Disney Springs restaurants use Open Table, but not Homecoming. They have a bar too, but I don't know how they are handling the bar seating right now. I think you can still order the full food menu at the bar.

I ate at the bar on Wednesday, 9/22. The bar is open seating and you can order anything off the full menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter