Home Trust Visa

Yeah, that must be frustrating. I'm hopeful that more no-f/x-fee cards will be coming our way in Canada. Since we lost the two Chase cards (Amazon and Marriott Visas), the options are the Scotia Passport Visa Infinite, Home Trust Visa and the HSBC World Elite MasterCard (and the Rogers/Fido cards, though not exactly the same). Brim seems to be in the process of shipping out their first cards as well (but there is still some confusion on whether there will be an f/x fee or not). With Scotia now offering an f/x-fee-free card, hopefully the other big banks will follow suit.

Thanks for the heads up. Seems pretty silly to have a card that limits the number of transactions you can do in one day. Might have to dump this card once I find a better one.

We're using the new Scotiabank Passport no forex fee. It's been easy to use, and the exchange rate is good. It has an annual fee, but the sign on bonus will cover at least the first year of that. I am pleased to see more US establishments FINALLY using chip-and-pin or tap. It seems pretty new, as they don't seem to expect me to try it, as if no one is used to it yet!

My sister was saying that you can't change the PIN on the Home Trust card, either. And, their Customer Service is only open from Mon to Fri, so that could be a pain if you had issues any other time. She said she saved her Home Trust card for big purchases only and used her regular card for small ones so she wouldn't go over the 10 trans. limit. I think for many people, this would be a showstopper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter