Home Run Hotel

Debsi

Mouseketeer
I think I'm going to request this building, unless anyone has any horror stories about it?! DD loves to swim and 'cos ours is a November/Dec trip I think it's important we get a room close to the pool in case it's cold! Also we prefer it quiet so I'd rather be closer to the quiet pool. We need the exercise so don't mind the fact that the building is further from Food court and buses, if we use them. Car parking looks easy near home run. Which floor do you recommend, 1st will be less private, 2nd noisy & 3rd quietest I guess? Your comments will be greatly received as always.

Thanks

Debbie

I would pick 3rd if possible. And I would not want to face the pool as it would be noisy I would think.;)

I stayed in this part of ASSp in May 1999. The pool was closed for renovations while we were there so only the main pool was open and it was packed and noisy all the time. Since the quiet pool is so far from allt he buildings except the Home Run Hotels, it should be fairly quiet (I know the Mighty Ducks pool at ASMo was always quiet while the Fantasia pool was always mobbed, and this was last December when all of DW was fairly empty). The parking is close to this part of the hotel and as you've mentioned the bus and food court are far away. If you do take buses, however, keep that in mind, it is a long hike, especially at the end of the day with a sleepy child. If you think you might take the buses more often than the car, I would recommend the football buildings since they are also very close to the quiet pool, but also on the to the bus stop and food court. We stayed on the first floor of the Home Run hotel right behind the quiet pool (not sure of the building number) Our room was the first one around the corner when you walked between both baseball buildings on the back side of the building facing the parking lots. It was usually quiet despite its location, but you would hear people walk by on their way to the parks in the morning, but we were up then anyway so it wasn't a problem for us. You did have to keep the window curtains shut all the time though because little kids tended to run ahead of their parents, be told to stop at the corner of the building, which was our room, and then they would peer into the window while waiting for their parents to catch up. We also stayed in the Hoops Hotel on that visit because of a problem with spiders in our room (though I think that was an isolated incident so I wouldn't worry about it). In this basketball section we were about as far from the main building but didn't have the quiet pool (though it was closed anyway) so it just seemed like we were out of the way. There we stayed on the 3rd floor in one of the wings that jutted out towards the parking lots. It was definitely quieter since only the people with rooms behind us had to be over there (there were only about 5 rooms past ours). Overall the baseball room was fine, but I think next time I would ask to face the pool. It might be a little noisier with people in the pool, but I doubt it would be that bad and it would be better than looking at the parking lots and hearing everyone run by, go up and down the stairs, get ice, etc.. Also, you're very close to the Music main building and bus stop so if you do take the bus it might be worth walking over to that stop since it's seemed closer but we never really tried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter