Home made Autograph book or not? First time

Ellen.and.Joey

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone I am new to the message board. I am taking my five year old son with Down syndrome to Disney in Florida this July. I have airfair, meals and staying on the property. I have been reading different posts and some say to make your own autograph book and Characters will spend a few extra seconds with the child. Joey loves Mickey, Goofy, Buzz and Woody. Any suggestions on making one, or should I just buy one.

I purchased a sketch book that is spiral bound about 9.5 x 6 inches already and thought about putting a large sticker on the front and decorating it and then putting stickers on the first pages of the special ones.

What do you think? All help is greatly appreciated. I now you are all very creative people and I am not there yet. Joey is my pride and joy and I am very active in our local Down Syndrome Network and Joey's school.

Thanks again.

Ellen.and.Joey

I think you should definitely decorate the scrapbook you bought for your Disney trip! Especially if Joey wants to help, it will get him even more excited for July! :thumbsup2

At the very least, I would decorate the cover of the book you already purchased. Just find some Disney themed paper and embellishments you like and have at it!

As for the inside pages, I would decorate some pages for the Fab 5 (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, and Goofy) as you are bound to run into them somewhere. And maybe pick out a few other characters you will try and hunt around for (like Woody and Buzz - but given that Toy Story 3 is coming out soon, they should be very easy to find in DHS, or the princesses are usually easy to find too). The rest, I personally would leave blank, because you just don't know who else you may run into. Then, when you get home, you could always decorate the pages after. And don't forget to add some photos of meeting the characters as well!

Here is a thread for some inspiration: Autograph Books

Another cute idea I have seen - does your son like drawing? One lady made an autograph book and for each page, she let her child draw the character that was to sign there before the trip. It was absolutely adorable! And I am sure the characters would love seeing your son's artwork! I'll go look and see if I can find it. :)

Edit: Well, I sadly cannot find the autograph pages with the child's drawings in it. :( But trust me! It was adorable! ;)

I think the sketch book would be great, have them sign in one area and then you have room for a picture to put of your son and the character after you return from your trip!

I think the sketch book is a great idea too. You could either get clip art or embellishments from the craft store to decorate the pages. On our last trip we went a whole different route in getting autographs. I picked up one of the 9 inch Vinylmation Mickeys and got that signed.

Welcome to the boards where you will meet some of the nicest people ever, and the talent here is unbeatable!!I think your book sounds wonderful, but may I add, get the very large Sharpie markers because the characters find them easier to hold in their costumed hands. Have a most magical time and I know that Joey will find the magic!!!

We did an autograph pillow case. I had it embroidered with characters and the year. She uses it every night. Just be sure to get a fabric Sharpie so it won't wash out.:thumbsup2

I bought the multi-color pack of retractable Sharpies for our last trip ... then you're not worried about missing caps. Buy them at home and take them along. As of our last trip last summer they did not sell them in the parks.

Retractable sharpies are the best...
It also allows the character to pop them into the writing stage thus eliminating the marker "autographing" their costume! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter