Home for the Holidays-Wizards-Grinches and Sparkles. 14 nights @Royal Pacific Resort, Nov/Dec 2021

I'm late to the party but finally made it!!! :cool1:

I'm loving your trip so far!!!! I can't believe it's already half over!!! Time really does fly when you're having fun!!!

As for the Grinches, unfortunately, they seem to be everywhere!!!! I hope you didn't run into them too often!!!

And so glad you were able to get rid of that Surburban and get a nice car!!!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, Christmas, Boxing Day and Happy New Year!!! pixiedust:

Yay, it`s been a while since you posted........

Thank you!! Yes, I`m getting through this one quicker than I thought, it helps having sucky weather here, no real desire to go anywhere!

Oh yes, we did come across some Grinches, but folks like that are easily dismissed......no time for that.......happy thoughts all round.......and yes, the Suburban was a heap of junk, and we did like the Q7, it was very comfy and had only about 30 miles on the clock, we did enjoy driving that one, even though we know the rentals aren`t exactly the best engines or spec. But, we were pleased with it.

And thank you again.....we did have the best times over all those Holidays.......and I hope the same for you, hope you had the best times all round....its good to see you back again...... :wave2:

Consider me very intrigued!

:welcome: back Spike.......

Oh it was just so very odd behaviour from a grown woman....I just hope she`s not a Dis reader and recognises herself.......lol.....

Good to see you too and not long till your trip now.......you must be so excited to finally get back after such a long gap!

Good to see you too and not long till your trip now.......you must be so excited to finally get back after such a long gap!
Thank you Carole!

Oh I am indeed, and as we all know, nothing is set in stone and I will be practically shaking like a leaf waiting for my pre flight test result, but yes aside from those thoughts am very, very excited, especially as this time I'll be going for a full 2 weeks, so hopefully can do a lot more, I particularly want to explore some of the resorts as I've never done that before!

And as always loving the trip report, such beautiful weather you had, every day it seems!

Thank you Carole!

Oh I am indeed, and as we all know, nothing is set in stone and I will be practically shaking like a leaf waiting for my pre flight test result, but yes aside from those thoughts am very, very excited, especially as this time I'll be going for a full 2 weeks, so hopefully can do a lot more, I particularly want to explore some of the resorts as I've never done that before!

And as always loving the trip report, such beautiful weather you had, every day it seems!

Oh goodness, I sympathise as I know exactly how you are feeling! It was terifying waiting for those all important live appointments, but we had the benefit of it being 3 days till we flew which was nerve wracking enough......but the day before is more daunting to get everything sorted if you get the wrong result. You`ll be fine I`m sure.

Thank you, I`m glad you`re enjoying it and yes we had spectacular weather for the time of year, we barely saw a cloud and it was unusually warm at nights from our previous visits where it did cool down more in the evenings. We loved it.

Exploring the resorts is a fun thing to do for sure....... :thumbsup2

I am really enjoying your report, Carole! Longhorn is one of my favorite inexpensive chain restaurants. I have fond memories of being at one with my grandmother on her 90th birthday when the tiny woman managed to put away a filet, a skewer of shrimp, all her sides and a giant complimentary ice cream sundae given in honor of her birthday. Still miss her!

I'm loving the photos and your love for VC! What is your opinion of Hagrid's?

We know this place so well, but we are a bit lazy and park in a little car park that does rip of anyone who parks there......but it`s convenient for us so we don`t bother looking anywhere else.

I just love St. Augustine. Such an adorable town. Funny about the DoleWhip - when I was there with my mom we had just eaten a huge lunch and when I saw the dole whip I still dragged my mom over to have some. Just could not say no. We spent a lot of time there too wandering around the shops, but definitely could have stayed even longer.

Flo`s filet is always my choice of steak here, and tonight I opt for baked sweet potato which everyone thinks is odd as I detest regular baked potatoes

This is another restaurant I keep hoping to try in the US. Maybe next time!!

Wow....that must have been quite something to see back then. And what a tour you took!! How long did it take you? That sounds like one heck of a journey and to do all those things before tourism as it is known today really took off, must have been wonderful.

Goodness it does sound amazing and I can visualise what it must have been like in places like Miami which was certainly purported to be a glamorous city and in the 40`s to the 60`s going by movies I can imagine the fur coat glamour that was around. I love seeing the dinner dance clubs that were around then, I think I would have enjoyed that lifestyle back then........not sure about fur coats in the summer though......lol

Tom went to Miami in the very early 1980`s, Epcot was still being built, so it was only MK to visit then and he remembers miles of nothing much around when they went up to Orlando. Sadly the days before we took pictures of absolutely everything, but must have been fascinating to see.

We do like the Atlantic side too, the beaches are just as nice as the Gulf side and can be just as calm. We`ve visited New Smyrna Beach several times and have seen it as calm as any Gulf beach, beautiful.

But, yes, St Augustine is gorgeous....another one of these places we keep saying we`ll go and spend a couple of days there, but just never get around to it, especially as it is so easy to get to and back home in a day. It`s certainly somewhere we love to visit every trip if possible.

I kind of ranted on about the before disney, ect. and am glad you liked it. I thought I was yakking too much:)
It took us about 2 weeks if I remember right. We were younger then and could move faster, LOL. Honestly we felt uncomfortable in Miami at their restaurants. Everyone but us were dressed up, and this was in regular restaurants, not 5 star ones. We entered in shorts and short sleeved tops and felt out of place. We got out of Miami quickly as it wasn't our cup or tea.
I am glad we got to experience Florida before all the tourism too. The main tourist places were Silver Springs and the mermaid show (can't remember the name of it), that's about it.

Before kids, we just took off and went where we wanted without a thought. One time we decided to drive to Washington DC over a weekend from Ohio. We packed alot into that trip and even climbed the Washington Monument! They allowed you to walk up (not ride) and there was a little window on top with a stool to stand on to look out. I was so worn out by the climb that I couldn't even step up on that stool to look out! We then walked all the way down to the bottom and crashed on the grass for a while. You weren't allowed to ride the elevator down only if you were having physical problems like shortness of breath, chest pain, etc. I'm glad I did that once because that is not allowed today.

I guess when you are young you have the freedom to just go and explore and have fun:)

I'm enjoying your TR and wishing I was at Universal.

I am really enjoying your report, Carole! Longhorn is one of my favorite inexpensive chain restaurants. I have fond memories of being at one with my grandmother on her 90th birthday when the tiny woman managed to put away a filet, a skewer of shrimp, all her sides and a giant complimentary ice cream sundae given in honor of her birthday. Still miss her!

I'm loving the photos and your love for VC! What is your opinion of Hagrid's?

Hey Cara.......

Longhorn is fabulous for the price point, apart from one time when they just couldn`t get Tom`s steak correct, food has always been excellent.

I love the sound of your grandma, I can imagine you`ll miss her, Grandma`s are very special :hug: She sounds like my mum......she`ll be 87 this year, tiny little woman who always says she doesn`t eat much, then demolishes the hugest meals in restaurants.....lol....she`s so funny.

I think Hagrid`s is excellent!! It is so much fun and has a wonderful storyline through the ride and there are some fabulous elements to it that give you a nice surprise......we`ve all ridden the bike and the side car and we all prefer the bike. I cannot wait till they have EP on this ride!!

But, I prefer the VC by a mile, which is an unfair comparison as they are quite different coasters really.

Your new grandson must be over a year old now????? I think, I hope I have the right person.....apologies if I don`t but I seem to remember he was born late-ish 2020.......:)

I just love St. Augustine. Such an adorable town. Funny about the DoleWhip - when I was there with my mom we had just eaten a huge lunch and when I saw the dole whip I still dragged my mom over to have some. Just could not say no. We spent a lot of time there too wandering around the shops, but definitely could have stayed even longer.

This is another restaurant I keep hoping to try in the US. Maybe next time!!

lol......I doubt I could have said no either....love the real thing!!

I think we spent longer on previous visits there, there is so much to do, but we will stay longer next time. The shops are very nice there I have to admit, I did like the individuality of them as opposed to large chains.

Longhorn is very good, but definitely not the one on I-Drive!!!

I kind of ranted on about the before disney, ect. and am glad you liked it. I thought I was yakking too much:)
It took us about 2 weeks if I remember right. We were younger then and could move faster, LOL. Honestly we felt uncomfortable in Miami at their restaurants. Everyone but us were dressed up, and this was in regular restaurants, not 5 star ones. We entered in shorts and short sleeved tops and felt out of place. We got out of Miami quickly as it wasn't our cup or tea.
I am glad we got to experience Florida before all the tourism too. The main tourist places were Silver Springs and the mermaid show (can't remember the name of it), that's about it.

Before kids, we just took off and went where we wanted without a thought. One time we decided to drive to Washington DC over a weekend from Ohio. We packed alot into that trip and even climbed the Washington Monument! They allowed you to walk up (not ride) and there was a little window on top with a stool to stand on to look out. I was so worn out by the climb that I couldn't even step up on that stool to look out! We then walked all the way down to the bottom and crashed on the grass for a while. You weren't allowed to ride the elevator down only if you were having physical problems like shortness of breath, chest pain, etc. I'm glad I did that once because that is not allowed today.

I guess when you are young you have the freedom to just go and explore and have fun:)

I'm enjoying your TR and wishing I was at Universal.

Oh goodness no, I love hearing about folks trips, especially the ones that are a little different and that one sounds fascinating!

I do think I`d have loved that Miami....although, I do apparently have aspirations of being a glamorous woman from the 1940`s/50s with a sleek hat and heels you would be taller than you should be...........then I look in the mirror and think....yeah, maybe not in this lifetime......haha........but I will wear a fancy hat for any occasion given the chance...... ::yes::

I vaguely remembered my aunt talking about a mermaid show back then, although she lived in NY from the 1950`s when she emigrated there, she did spend a lot of time in Florida and ended up in Boca Raton for several years before moving back to her daughters, and she spoke of seeing a show.....was it the Weeki Washee mermaids or similar....I need to Google it but the name stuck in my head for some reason.

Now, I learned something tonight.....I had no clue you could climb that monument......not quite sure why I didn`t know that, but not a clue. Oh my goodness you would have been shattered, even as a younger woman I know I`d have struggled too climbing that!!! The views must have been amazing.

Yes, that freedom is a gift for sure, so many don`t take advantage and do as you did, and might regret it later.

And I`m so glad you are enjoying reading along.......

Finally caught up again! This TR is brightening some cold, dark days. I love all the gorgeous photos, and the fun day trips!
The little details you capture are wonderful.

I'm so glad you upgraded your vehicle, and were able to really enjoy Christmas shopping. The Universal parade is so well done, absolutely worth every minute.

I am also flabbergasted the poor young lady had no idea how to call a cab. This is a strange new world.

I know what is coming up, can't wait to keep reading along! :flower3:

Finally caught up again! This TR is brightening some cold, dark days. I love all the gorgeous photos, and the fun day trips!
The little details you capture are wonderful.

I'm so glad you upgraded your vehicle, and were able to really enjoy Christmas shopping. The Universal parade is so well done, absolutely worth every minute.

I am also flabbergasted the poor young lady had no idea how to call a cab. This is a strange new world.

I know what is coming up, can't wait to keep reading along! :flower3:

Aw thank you Maria......I`m glad you like the report and the images too.

The parade is excellent, it`s not huge, but it suits Universal down to the ground, not too schmaltzy, just right.

We did like that car, we were surprised considering it didn`t have anything like the power we`re used to. Oh I did feel like an ancient relic when she looked at us as if we were talking Aramaic :rotfl:

Glad you`re still enjoying and always love seeing you comment too :wave2:

The frustrating thing is, the free tests we get from the NHS are fine for every day use, but miraculously for travel.....they`re not good enough, so you have to pay these firms who are all offering them. And of course there`s nothing cynical about that money maker going on.......
makes perfect sense…”non” sense. Least you kept your sense of humor about this
sweet potatoes, I eat anyway they come......and with the brown sugar, butter and cinammon.......lush!!
i call that dessert lol.
in the UK we weren`t brought up on Seuss.
:oops:

makes perfect sense…”non” sense. Least you kept your sense of humor about this

i call that dessert lol.

:oops:

lol.....I think our sense of humour was seriously tested by what came towards the end of our trip, but yes, at that point if you didn`t laugh.....well you might as well give up!!

Someone else said that!!! I think I never tried a good pie like that for dessert, that`s the problem........lol.......no one else likes sweet potatoes in our home, so I don`t bother very often for just me, but I`ve never attempted to make a sweet potato pie.......maybe I should....or maybe not........:blush:

Yes, I honestly never even heard of Dr Seuss till I was 10. I`m not sure his books have ever been overly popular over here with the exceptions of the movies successes of course. But, when I help at the library or nursery, there are very few if any Seuss books around.

i-rkLmGRc-X2.jpg

i-TtjRzxL-X2.jpg

My good Lord!!!! How much do we love this coaster!!

It is completely and utterly amazing and we honestly want to ride it every minute of every day.......

The line was showing 60 minutes when we walked in, but it was more like 35 by the time we got to the front, we wanted the back row, but we heard someone else ask and were told no as they were busy so they were only taking requests for the front, so we didn`t ask, but we got lucky and got the back row several times and near the front several times too.

My lord....every time we went on it, it never lost the excitement and vibrancy of the first time.......the speed and force of this coaster is the best ever! It is breathtaking, exhilerant, sensational, stimulating and a whole butt load of plain old fashioned fun!!! It is the smoothest ride we have ever gone on in any park and probably the most exciting.

The lockers were a little annoying, but it`s such a tiny part of the whole experience we can forgive them for that, at least they tried.

We lost count of the times we rode this today.......we just went round and around and then around some more.......the line was so much quicker than the time showed and we were so glad we took advantage of doing it while we could. And before our lunch too........lol......

My hair at this point......was interesting........for someone with a lot of hair, but very fine, it sure gained some height!!!

i-C3DMBrZ-S.gif

Yep, it was so worth it! A quick visit to the bathroom and a quick brush and you`d never know......

But, holy moly.......we knew we`d ride that coaster a whole lot more before our trip was done, and not a hint of motion sickness the whole time, although the time between rides was appreciated.

We reluctantly walked away from riding and after a quick bathroom visit we headed into the store outside Poseidon which was undergoing a facelift so it was covered with boards today, shame as it is a pretty building.

The store is nice too, although I`m not sure we`ve ever bought anything in it.....Tom said he was amazed there was a store left we hadn`t made a purchase.......ha bloomin ha.......

i-B6fhrSz-X2.jpg

i-vjf4fFH-X2.jpg

i-5Zx6Hmt-X2.jpg

We headed down to the front of Mythos to get some pictures, and again, folks always say there are no quiet places in the parks........oh yes there is.....and they are all around if you look. We didn`t see one other person while we were down there.

i-8LtkMDj-X2.jpg

i-b8LfSJv-X2.jpg

I think the Hulk will be feeling a little neglected now with everyone gazing adoringly at the newest baby in the park directly opposite it......to be honest, I didn`t even ride the Hulk this trip, Tom did a couple of times, but I didn`t feel like it as it does sometimes knock me off balance a little and I didn`t want anything stopping me riding the VC.

i-vH5VjD9-X2.jpg

i-sQvsHFF-X2.jpg

I swear, one of the freakiest things in the park are these darn fish!! They are like uniformed evil waiting to pounce on something....anything........

i-ndbskBn-X2.jpg

And always makes us think of Austin Powers........ :rotfl:

cv12-S.jpg

Watching the coaster is not as much fun as being on it of course, but it is fascinating to watch the sleek movements with the twists and turns that you make on it.

The upside down parts are fabulous!!! Completely fabulous and I still love every part of you being out of your seat and in complete air time for what does feel like a decent amount of time.........it is completely exhilerating. And listening to the screams of everyone on it really does make us smile.

i-d8jsVRB-X2.jpg

i-R6QZBCV-X2.jpg

We love the Seuss area......bright, colourful and this time of the year The Who`s are roaming around and they are a whole bundle of fun to be around. We could really see the park was busy now, of course it was a Saturday but, we wouldn`t be spending much longer in the park today.

i-bgv2fP4-X2.jpg

i-SqtMCtx-X2.jpg

And another quiet spot, although we did interrupt someone getting changed after trying on a shirt.......oops!

i-J5RQN8z-X2.jpg

i-2LMfLwT-X2.jpg

The carousel was also down for a minor refurb, but even so this area is just gorgeous, especially with added colour and vibrancy of the Christmas decor.

i-DmmWqc9-X2.jpg

i-D6sJcjs-X2.jpg

i-Sq4HcBD-X2.jpg

i-SV8PBVx-X2.jpg

i-gVnC4vq-X2.jpg

We decided to go to Confisco Grille for lunch today, we hadn`t made a reservation but it was no problem, there were plenty of tables and were happily taking walk ups. We never asked for upstairs which we should have done, but we were coming back here another day to meet Maria (worfiedoodles) and her husband, so we`d choose upstairs then.

We were seated over in a booth and our waitress was lovely, it did take longer than usual to get our drinks which was surprising as they weren`t mobbed. I had ordered fanta and Tom a ginger ale......

i-Fmz2Brr-X2.jpg

I ordered my favourite dish from here, the sweet and sour ribs with goats cheese polenta. I don`t actually like goats cheese or polenta, but it is lovely somehow and the ribs are always very nice.

Tom ordered the Belly pork Banh Mi sandwich with fries, one of his favourite dishes.

We did wait a little longer but eventually Tom`s arrived and mine a few minutes later.

i-WLCbzKB-X2.jpg

I had noticed a plate with ribs on it sitting on the pass as I could see the kitchen from our table which I do like to see an open kitchen, I did wonder if they were mine, but they sat an awful length of time so I wrongly assumed they had been sent back or were sitting there for some other reason.

But, they were mine and when they arrived they were cold. Not stone cold, but very cool. I like hot food to be bubbling hot when I`m eating so this was not a dish I would eat.

We took a while to find someone as everyone seemed to have vanished, eventually we attracted her attention and she apologised and said she`d bring me another. But, by the time she brought my dish, Tom had finished his, and we do much prefer to eat together rather than seperately. So it was a little disappointing, especially as the ribs were not as good a quality as I remembered them. They were nice though, just not excellent.

It worked out quite well as we were later than planned for lunch, so not eating too much was ideal as we were booked for dinner at The Palm later. Tom didn`t eat much of the bread and said the pork was just a little too chewy......

i-4DSrFdX-X2.jpg

Our waitress did see we had barely touched the food, but never asked if there was a problem and to be honest we didn`t bother either. She then forgot to take the AP discount off which isn`t a problem, but she certainly seemed to be busy somewhere else during our visit.

We did look forward to going back and I know next visit we`ll try it again as we do really like it here and I think we were just unlucky today, but it was just a 7/10 effort this time.
My husband and I have had similar problems with service and food at local restaurants. They seem empty, yet service lacks. Hopefully this will all improve in the future. Carole, I also have to say you look amazing and so happy to be back!

We headed into the Seuss store for a wander.....I did want to purchase some things today to make a start on our shopping from Universal, and the wonderful thing about staying onsite is being able to send any purchases straight back to the hotel and will be delivered directly into your room the next morning.

They only ask you don`t do this if you are leaving the next day in case of any delays, but otherwise it`s a nice little perk and saves you carrying your purchases around with you.

If you are not staying onsite you can have them sent to the front of the parks and pick them up after 4pm (I believe)

I think Tom was glad I couldn`t buy this Grinch!!

i-f7BPJCJ-X2.jpg

I had bought a Grinch statue up in Mount Dora, but I did want to get these items as they would go nice close to what has become my Universal tree. It is a purple, white and silver themed classic green tree that is in the garden room and our biggest tree, but apart from the colour theme of the baubles, almost 3/4 of everything on the tree decoration wise is from the Universal Christmas Store and I love it and everything that is on it.

i-gzF7NhL-X2.jpg

I wanted a couple of these tees for me, and the Ho Ho NO nightshirt.......but I had promised a few folks I would bring them home some of the tees for their family as gifts, so I did purchase several of these on top of what we wanted.

i-hVJTCdp-X2.jpg

i-hjMPHpz-X2.jpg

i-DzGsPdV-X2.jpg

We filled in our details and they said the items would be delivered tomorrow, the young man decided he needed to tell us in great detail how the delivery worked and what would happen.......bless him........we didn`t stop his flow as he was quite new and seemed to be quite thrilled we were listening to him.

The Seuss artwork is quite extraordinary and a little provocative in many ways, when I looked into his work after a previous visit when another young man explained at length some of Seuss history which was quite fascinating in a weird way.

I would never say I loved the books and stories, we do enjoy The Grinch movie with Jim Carrey, but other than that I don`t quite get them....maybe it`s the fact I have no childhood affection for the whole Seuss thing, but I can`t form an attachment. However, we do love the whole Seuss area in UOR. They have done an amazing job as everything is so bright and colourful and we do love the Who`s.

i-x828dSn-X2.jpg

i-dLgD7G4-X2.jpg

i-D8tnHcJ-X2.jpg

We set back out into the sunshine and headed towards Potter area......VC was still down and empty cars were still running which was a disappointment as we did fancy a morning of just riding it.

i-QBhTLdT-X2.jpg

i-T5k2kTF-X2.jpg

Tom was asking me to pose for this picture, but holy moly the sun being so low was incredibly bright and was just shining in my face, so I couldn`t look at the camera, and it was like this for a lot of our trip.....not a complaint.

i-X4LKWb7-X2.jpg

It was ridiculously quiet here in this area, we did wonder where everyone was or it was just a quiet day in the parks....and we kept having to remind ourselves aswe basked in this glorious sunshine it was now December! Hard to picture the blustery winds and sleety weather our son was getting back home.

We would try hard not to be smug about it...........:)

i-GxkbvP9-X2.jpg

Poseidon`s Adventure was closed for a slight refurb......we never go on it so it didn`t bother us at all, but many do enjoy it.

We just think it`s a massive waste of space that could be better utilised in something else better.......and more exciting. But, the building itself is incredible on the outside.

i-jkMxQxK-X2.jpg

i-MbZ2BgJ-X2.jpg

i-2t6qNDP-X2.jpg

Fire Eaters Grill is somewhere we hadn`t eaten in since 2007....yep, it had been that long. Tom and I had the chicken stingers which were lovely and we always meant to try it again, but over the years we were never hungry when we were passing or heading for somewhere else, so we thought this time around we might try and have them again at some point.

i-FNht2tN-X2.jpg

It`s only outdoor seating which we don`t really care for most of the time we prefer table service, but it is a nice little area that every time we passed this trip (apart from today as it was so early) it`s been mobbed.

i-DHRTv4Q-X2.jpg

i-7T3fNLx-X2.jpg

Again, Dr Sugrue`s is someplace we haven`t tried the food from in many years, but doesn`t really appeal to us somehow. I think we found the meat tough and not too tasty, but heck in 12 years it might have changed.......:p

i-hJLCjSr-X2.jpg

More coming up.......

My husband and I have had similar problems with service and food at local restaurants. They seem empty, yet service lacks. Hopefully this will all improve in the future. Carole, I also have to say you look amazing and so happy to be back!

Thank you, we were just bursting over the moon to be back!

I think we`re lucky here, our pubs that serve food and restaurants all seem to be back to normal with food and service and we`re comfortable eating in them all we have chosen.

It`s a shame many areas aren`t back to normal, hopefully yours will be too. It`s not nice to go out for a meal and it not be up to par or below acceptable service standards.......it can only get better can`t it........ :thumbsup2

The Fountain was quiet today as we guessed Hagrid`s wasn`t operating as the line usually snakes around this wonderful and funny talking fountain......I think it was just too early in the day as he was gently snoring as we passed to the gorgeous area behind that used to be the Eighth Voyage of Sindbad show which closed in September 2018.

i-SJ99wkv-X2.jpg

Hardly anyone wanders around here, although I am supposed to stop telling folks all the quiet areas there are in the parks, but when you read folks say there are no quiet areas anywhere in the Universal parks, it does get dreary. There are plenty of places as of yet, still undiscovered.

i-TQMBG47-X2.jpg

i-r2wx8T5-X2.jpg

i-86cZMXL-X2.jpg

i-R4PzV5X-X2.jpg

We noticed while wandering, the main doors are laying open today.......and it doesn`t say you "can`t" enter........ :rolleyes1

So, of course we do go snooping........

i-2BtVkPG-X2.jpg

And it is almost as if they had just closed the doors and left it exactly the same for future reference.......it was quite eerie being in here without anyone else as it was always noisy and vibrant when the show was running, and although it must be 10 years since we last watched it, maybe longer we did enjoy it, but it was one of those when you`ve seen it once, you don`t need to see it again.

i-F8VPs76-X2.jpg

i-GtRH4FQ-X2.jpg

i-PMNLzw8-X2.jpg

We heard someone sneeze, so we huckled out before we got flung out, and back into the mid morning sun which was getting hotter by the minute today......or maybe we just felt it hotter as we just expected it to be cooler than it was.

i-ZSMK6Rb-X2.jpg

I love this little corner of the park, it is peaceful and apart from the odd smoker coming in you don`t get a lot of traffic....folks wander in and see nothing of interest to them and leave fairly quickly.......

i-MZVGHnv-X2.jpg

Hogsmeade was also exceptionally quiet at the station this morning which was unusual, but maybe it was a little early yet.

We do utilise the Hogwarts Express, with EP it`s always been quicker than walking from park to park, which really doesn`t take long.....even if you are at the back of one park, it takes 10 minutes tops to get to the front of either park, well that`s our experience of walking from the back of either park, so if you felt you didn`t want to wait for the train, it`s not too far to walk.

i-MQVx4BN-X2.jpg

Obligatory picture with the Station Master.......

Social distancing was not making pictures as much fun.

i-b8bTKz8-X2.jpg

We have never bought a wand for us to use, it`s never interested us at all, but we do love to watch little ones faces when they manage to magically make the spells work and they are absolutely bursting with excitement usually when they do.....well most of them!

i-6TcQZbG-X2.jpg

i-7mfMLb3-X2.jpg

i-fZGKGqX-X2.jpg

We do love Hogsmeade. And it has been enhanced at Christmas with JK Rowling allowing Christmas decorations to adorn all the buildings every year. i`m with her on all her decisions, but I`m glad she changed her mind on this one.

i-9JDZ2L2-X2.jpg

i-Nv3BvZX-X2.jpg

I loved this picture and I am beaming in it as Tom had just made me laugh before he took it.........::yes::

i-m66dKST-X2.jpg

He had been looking through the lens and asked me as innocently or as absent mindedly as he could, for me to move over the my right as my ar*e would cover the thing on the wall..........

How very rude........:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

i-JgnkN8K-X2.jpg

He was right though, but mortified it had sounded as such........lol....bless him, always thinking of a good picture!!! We did have a good laugh about it.......

i-87jsq5k-X2.jpg

We didn`t wander into the 3B`s as the "doorman" was standing guard today again......I swear he gave me the stink eye as we passed today.........Tom who is usually nonchalant about such things agreed he did. He was not the most welcoming of characters to be working on the welcome committee.

i-bwdvMFJ-X2.jpg

i-dGh2b7T-X2.jpg

Again, the attention to detail is immense everywhere in Potter. Everywhere you look there tiny or huge details we miss every time.

You don`t need to have read the books or even watched the films to appreciate Potter, but it certainly helps understand the references dotted around the parks in numerous guises.

Some folks have no clue who Moaning Myrtle is in the bathrooms and like today I heard someone ask the lady in front of me what the voice was.......the woman was rather rude to her to be honest and snapped she needed to watch the movies!

Ouch......no need to be so rude.......another lady stepped in before I did to explain who Moaning Myrtle was and she was completely bemused by the whole storyline. She did leave muttering to her daughter she just has to watch the movies....the daughter was sagely nodding telling her she told her so.

i-9PGNtLk-X2.jpg

i-xpkvrZz-X2.jpg

And my favourite castle.......looking as stunning and resplendent as ever.

i-TRBMx6B-X2.jpg

And VC is still not running......darn it.

i-PhwcJZR-X2.jpg

We waited ages.....and I mean ages to get the bottom image with no-one else in it.......my husband, the perfectionist!

cv64-S.jpg

i-SBtD54W-X2.jpg

It did seem as if everyone on the planet wanted to walk past.....although it is unreasonable to expect any picture with no-one in it in the parks at any time of the year, never mind the Holidays.

More coming up soon.........

We have never bought a wand for us to use, it`s never interested us at all, but we do love to watch little ones faces when they manage to magically make the spells work and they are absolutely bursting with excitement usually when they do.....well most of them!

Call me evil, but I think it's just as much fun to watch the frustrated adults trying to get these things to work lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter