• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Home Depot's Lime Green Mickey Paint Chips

tinkermell

<font color=purple>Th boards are going nuts!<br><f
Are these hard to find everywhere??? :confused3 OK Central California Disser- fess up!!!! :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: I went to the Home Depot in town and almost all of the lime green Mickey paint chips were gone. I was kind of surprised. I have 4 heads to decorate with for Christmas. :sad1: I don't know if they'll get anymore in before we leave for WDW. Now I will have to sparingly use them! Anyone else having problems finding them??? :flower:
PS I wonder if Home Depot wonders why lime green Mickeys are so popular?? :rolleyes:

Is there a cabinet door under the paint chips display? If so, see if it opens, that is where the "supply" of paint chips are, I did this at my Home Depot, and just filled up the slot and took about 10 for myself. ;)

Please tell me the use of the Lime Green Mickey Heads....
I know that the lime green signifies that it is a fellow DISer...but not sure of any other significance?

KeepSwimming said:
I think it's alien green....

Yes, Alien Green is the official Disney name for the paint color, but it is basically "lime" green to most people.

photonut said:
Please tell me the use of the Lime Green Mickey Heads....
I know that the lime green signifies that it is a fellow DISer...but not sure of any other significance?
Photnut, I'm not a very good person to answer your question, as this will be my first time to use them. I'm pretty new to this web site as you can see by my join date, but I sure have learned alot these last few months. This site has been great for everything. :goodvibes Anyways, other DISers have used them for luggage tags, backpack tags and so on. We are going to be there over Christmas and I wanted to use them for decorations. I wanted to have a wreath on the door with the lime green Mickey heads and berries or something. I also thought it would be cute to hang them with some garland I picked up at K-mart. The garland has metallic multi-colored dots hanging down and I thought the Mickey heads would fit right in with it. I want to string that across my window with lights. I even thought I'd add one to my purse. Do my kids think I'm nuts?? :crazy: Yes, but I'm having fun. And this is what Disney is all about. FUN, FUN, FUN!!! :jumping1:

I staple 2 together, and put my mailing label on them, punch a whole, tie a lime green ribbon to it, and put it on my luggage and fanny pack. ;)

I've got plenty of them left over from our last trip. If you want them, they are yours! Please send me a PM with an address and I will be more than happy to mail them to you. I've got both Alien Green and Sonic Boom!

tinkermell said:
Are these hard to find everywhere??? :confused3 OK Central California Disser- fess up!!!! :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: I went to the Home Depot in town and almost all of the lime green Mickey paint chips were gone. I was kind of surprised. I have 4 heads to decorate with for Christmas. :sad1: I don't know if they'll get anymore in before we leave for WDW. Now I will have to sparingly use them! Anyone else having problems finding them??? :flower:
PS I wonder if Home Depot wonders why lime green Mickeys are so popular?? :rolleyes:

I cut out a black square the same size as the paint chip.........peel the mickey head off the home depot paint chip......glue it to the black square.....cut out a square the same color as the Mickey head I am using........glue it to the back....round the edges and place my name, phone number and hotel information on it and laminate it. I don't use the green, however. I use whatever color strikes my fancy at the moment. I truly do it to mark which pieces of luggage are mine since everybody and their dog has black American Tourister and Samsonite Luggage.

Poohbear123 said:
Is there a cabinet door under the paint chips display? If so, see if it opens, that is where the "supply" of paint chips are, I did this at my Home Depot, and just filled up the slot and took about 10 for myself. ;)
Thanks for your suggestion. I think I will go back and look underneath the cabinet and then try another store also.
Tiberius and TiggerDaisy- Thanks for your offer. :goodvibes I will contact you if I can't find anymore. So sweet of you to offer to send them. Thanks again!!! :flower:
Everybody else- thanks for more great ideas!! :idea:

How big are these heads usually? I was thinking about putting on in my button to clip to my bag.

i've seen these so many times but never thought of creating luggage tags! thanks for the idea :thumbsup2

I know this thread is slightly out of date :eek: but...

I went to the local home depot last night and they said Behr had discontinued the Disney paints and they did not have any mickey head shaped paint chips!!

I got two other colors of Behr paint that looked close to the Alien Green and I'm going to check another store - but I wanted to report the sadness :(

I know this thread is slightly out of date :eek: but...

I went to the local home depot last night and they said Behr had discontinued the Disney paints and they did not have any mickey head shaped paint chips!!

I got two other colors of Behr paint that looked close to the Alien Green and I'm going to check another store - but I wanted to report the sadness :(

WHAT?!?! This needs it's own thread! STAT! Panic will strike the dis-boards! OH NO!!!! :eek:

WHAT?!?! This needs it's own thread! STAT! Panic will strike the dis-boards! OH NO!!!! :eek:

Are people still doing this? I haven't heard mention of them in a few years so I was wondering if I should try and pick some up just in case. I used to have a couple left from the last trip, but there is no telling where they are. I didn't put mine on a bag, we just taped a few to our hotel window.

There are three local home depots to me and I was only able to find the Mickey paint chips at one of them. But I did get a nice stack of alien green (not all of them). I hope to get a few lamented for my upcoming trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter