HOLLYWOOD & VINE

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
Made a reservation here and now doubting myself. Reviews don't seem to be all that great. Are all the meals a character meal? I thought the characters were just for Halloween and seasonal times? Anybody been here recently? Any reviews?

For us Hollywood and Vine was a one and done but this was a few years ago and we did the Disney Jr breakfast. The place was just mass chaos- think Golden Corral. The food was mediocre, kids were running around all over the place, we were squeezed into a corner as a party of 11 sitting at a table for 8. My kids enjoyed it and I never expect much from a buffet. Maybe dinner there is better.

I don’t think it’s terrible but it’s mediocre without something non food related drawing us in for the price, like characters we don’t personally meet elsewhere, location, nostalgia, etc. So it’s off our list.

LOVE H & V! They used to be a hot mess. But lately, the food is very good. There are MANY options. The characters are the best! Nothing bad to say now.

We went for dinner in December for the Christmas characters. I told my husband before we went to expect the worst... such horrible reviews. I thought it was fine. Reminded me of Golden coral.. which most buffets do! The character interaction was great, and while nothing was a major standout food wise, it wasnt even close to as horrible as people said!

Oh my gosh I love H&V! Especially if you happen to be going during Christmas time! Santa goofy!!!
And I loved the seasonal food options!
going back in 2 weeks!

I've been twice and I think the food is the best of the character buffets we've tried (Chef Mickeys, Tusker House, and Crystal Palace). The characters are in adorable seasonal outfits and you get a great pic with one character, like Santa Goofy or Halloween Minnie. The seasonal options are interesting and sometimes quite good, the carving station is great. I think it's a great use of a DDP credit and you can knock out a lot of characters in a short period of time while enjoying a decent meal. For us, it helps that we don't find any of the the other TS options in DHS appealing at all. We've done Brown Derby, but while the food was good the service was so slow that it's a one and done for us until our kids are considerably older.

I had dinner here 2 weeks ago and would say it’s one and done, unless I couldn’t get any other character meals. I would say the food was equal to Chef Mickey’s (did also on my last trip), but Chef Mickey’s was much more fun in terms of the character interactions and the atmosphere. The characters were dressed for Halloween though which was cute and different. You also get to meet Daisy which for my daughter was a big deal. She was on the hunt for her all week. H&V was so crowded we had to wait almost 30 min to be seated. We waited about 5 minutes at Chef Mickey’s. We also did Chef Mickey’s on a non park day which for me was more relaxing. At H&V I kept thinking how much time until park close, and what we wanted to still do.

Did it once a few years ago and thought the food/ place was kinda yucky. Would be low on my list to try again except for how cute the characters' costumes are!

we did H+V during the Christmas season in 2016. Thought the character interaction was great and the food is pretty good.

My issue is the mess (and chaos) caused at the buffet because a lot of parents seem to let their children run wild. Kids that IMO are too little and too young to go serve themselves, dropping food all over the buffet tables and the floor. Same issue at Chef Mickey.

By far the worst dining experience we have ever had in WDW. Food was bad, service was bad, atmosphere was bad and we had to wait for quite some time to be seated. And the place looked messy and dirty. Were really shocked. But it was three or four years ago. Needless to say we have not visited this restaurant ever since. And things do change!

It was the one dining experience I regretted on our last big trip. The food was....meh. I probably wouldn't have minded as much if we had been there for lunch (lower cost) but at the dinner rates it was not worth my $$. The characters WERE pretty awesome in their special outfits, and the character interactions were great - one of my all time favorite photos of my tween boy with Minnie came from that dinner.

If you are going for the characters, I recommend booking for lunch instead of dinner, you get the same meal and same character interactions but it hurts your wallet a bit less.

We have eaten there twice and really disliked it, My daughter reminded me that the food was not to bad what really got to be me was the service. I asked 5 times for refills and finally I went and got them myself and I asked 4 times for the cart with dirty dishes to be removed from beside our table. I lot it, as I pointed out another discussion online. When they just ignored me they found out the hard way what a senior Marine sounds like,

We ate there last year. The character interaction was great, but I was not a fan of the food at all. We are believers in character meals to meet them instead of waiting in lines around the park. We did that and Ohana breakfast on our first trip. We enjoyed Ohanas food much more, even though it was a tick rushed. Hope this helps little! And enjoy your trip.

Thanks for the feedback. I still don’t know what to do. The reservation is for dinner. It’s a HS day & my husband really wants to spend the entire day there. HS lacks dining options for us. If I should cancel this, we’d probably just do QS. My daughter really isn’t into characters so it may not be worth it.

I just ate there last Saturday for lunch and felt the food and service was great. Our server kept our drinks refilled and the character interaction was fantastic. I would do it again on my next trip if you are wanting to see the characters.

I just ate there last Saturday for lunch and felt the food and service was great. Our server kept our drinks refilled and the character interaction was fantastic. I would do it again on my next trip if you are wanting to see the characters.
They were in there Christmas dress and holiday appropriate food selection? How was the food?

we are eating there on the 3rd! Very excited

They were in there Christmas dress and holiday appropriate food selection? How was the food?

we are eating there on the 3rd! Very excited
The characters were in their Christmas attire. My friend and I felt the food was very good. I’m not sure if it was considered holiday selection but what we ate was tasty.

We go to H&V for breakfast so the kids can sign up for Jedi training. It’s your typical breakfast buffet. There are better dining options at HS for dinner. What’s wrong with the other restaurants?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter