Hollywood & Vine worth it?

cmartin33

Earning My Ears
I have a reservation for H&V, but unsure about it. My girls do not know we are going yet, so I cannot ask them. If you have been what did you think about it?

Also, my reservation is for 10:25 and the breakfast ends at 10:30, so would we get breakfast and lunch or just whats left of breakfast?

I personally would say no, not worth it at all. We had reservations at 11 and we ended up waiting for 45 minutes anyway, even though we had a reservation. It's buffet style but they do have servers in charge of tables running around getting drinks, refills, clearing plates and such. The buffet selection for lunch was decent, but nothing that I would write home about. It took 20 minutes for us to get our drink order in, we had to flag down a server and ask for them and he had to go find the server in charge of our section. Server came, took our drink order then disappeared again for another 15 minutes. We were almost done with our food by the time we actually got our drinks. Then we had to chase her down again to get our check and that also took time. The whole experience took us much longer than it should have. We will not be returning.

However, you may have a totally different experience. I cannot speak to if you will have breakfast or lunch (I would think lunch?), but you are getting there early so hopefully it shouldn't be overly crowded like it was when we went. If your daughter's are younger and love Disney Junior characters then they will enjoy the character dining and interacting. Our party was not particularly interested in this so it was loud and distracting for us. For us it was a once and done, never again restaurant but I cannot speak to the experience you and your family will have if you decide to stick with your reservation!

My experience was with lunch. I thought it was lots of fun. My daughter had just turned 1 when we went, and she really enjoyed the characters. At that point, the characters were Handy Manny, June from Little Einsteins, Special Agent Oso, and Jake. It's cute because they have these little "dance parties," where the kids dance to the popular songs from the shows. Great character interaction. We're doing it again for this upcoming trip.

We went for breakfast at a before opening time. The service was a bit slow for drinks and such but my kids loved the character interactions. My older son was up dancing with Sofia and my youngest who was only 8 months old at the time was smiling the whole time! My tv is on disney Junior like 24/7 so my kids absolutely love those characters. I think it's worth it and we will be going again on our next trip in april

I think it is! We go pre opening for breakfast and I think it has one of the better breakfast selections on property. If your kids are into Dis Jr. then they will love the interaction and the dancing!

How old are your girls? I think only you will know if they'll like it and it's worth it. If they like the Disney jr shows like Sofia the first and doc mcstuffins then yes i think it's worth it. As for the meal question, I would assume breakfast but in not sure. There's a break in between the two isn't there? Like breakfast is served till 10:30, then lunch doesn't start till 12:00. I would assume that means that hey give the time for the last of the breakfast people to leave. Check your MDE and see what it says. It should say what meal it's for.

Ok just went into MDE. Under reservations, go to dining reservations. Then under the day you have your H&V res you'll see view details. Click that. And beside the time it will say what meal it's for.

We just got back from having free dining plan. We did a lot of character meals.
And it was our least favorite. My younger girls like the characters but food wise it was ok. But if u have little ones who watch Disney junior you gotta do it.

You will get responses where PP enjoy H&V and responses from PP that do not recommend it. Only you know what your your DDs like.

FWIW, we enjoy H&V. We have had B, L & D there. However, my expectations have been low based on reviews. It's a character buffet in WDW. However, we have been very pleased with the selections & leave full. You are going for the experience not the food, per se, like @ V&A, Le Cellier, etc.

H&V is the only place to meet Doc McStuffins. So that is another reason we go. Sofia, Jake & Handy Manny are there too. I believe this is the only place to see Handy Manny now too. Sofia now meets where he used to meet (Animation Courtyard). About every 20min they invite kids to the middle of the restaurant to sing & dance with all of the characters.

Depending on the time you are seated, you should get B & L options. This happened to us on our trip last year (10:15am ADR). This past June our ADR was for 9:15am, so only B options. Also, show up 15-20min early for ADR. This might help with being seated in time for B options. We have not experienced any delays in getting seated here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter