Hollywood & Vine- blech

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
About 2 weeks ago DD18 and I had dinner at H&V. After hearing the somewhat recent amazing reviews, I was looking forward to it. We both had the beef. Unfortunately, the food was blech. The salad was just ok with very hard croutons. The beef was salty, and the deserts were not good either- watery creme brulee and not so good s'mores cake. It was a lot of $$ to spend on a bad meal. Maybe we just experienced an off night, but it was way off. Am I the only one who disliked it? DD didn't have as much of an issue, but McD's is her idea of delicious, soooooooo.... Characters were ok, so I guess that makes it ok.

I had the salmon there back in December and it was decent. But the experience was lame and the portions were small. Definitely not worth the money.

As with most character meals you’re paying more for the experience than the food. Last time I had H&V it was still a buffet and the food wasn’t as bad as I expected, but I went in with low expectations. The characters are fun though!

I went at Thanksgiving - had the turkey and the s'mores pie. I thought it was great! I just booked again for June. Maybe you just had an off day???

I think H & V has been fairly notorious for sub par food, especially back when it was buffet. But as others have said, character meals tend to be more about the experience than the good food, so I usually set the bar pretty low. We went about 5 years ago and it was just OK. Haven't been back since!

We did the holiday dine back in Nov. It was worth it to see my niece get so excited about the characters, but the food was bleah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter