• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

hollywood studios - Star Wars landing

hgr681

Earning My Ears
is it any good? I've heard with all the construction there is not much to do there anymore -- so I'm wondering how long it will take to get through the entire park?

Star Wars Landing? Are you referring to the Launch Bay?

The Launch Bay is where there's a short film behind the scenes of the new Star Wars movie, character meet and greet, some games, and movie props/replicas.

As PP mentioned, Launch Bay is an area you can walk through, and depending on what you are interested could take you a five minutes or an hour. If you want to see the film, check out the memorabilia, and get in line to do autographs then it will take time, or you could just walk through and check it out quickly. As for the rest of the park, you can spend a day there easily doing the rides and shows, and seeing the nighttime events. Backlot Tour is closed and Lights, Motor, Action show is closing in April, but you have:

Rides -
Toy Story Midway Mania (fun for all ages)
Rock N Roll Coaster
Tower of Terror
Star Tours(Star Wars themed 3-D simulator)
Great Movie Ride

Shows -
Indiana Jones Stunt Show
Beauty and the Beast
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Disney Junior Stage show
Muppets(3D movie)

Nighttime -
Fantasmic!
Star Wars Fireworks

cassie58

Unless you want to meet a ton of characters (and wait in line) DHS is really just a half day park now IMHO. This is especially true if you fastpass your 3 attractions.

Unless you want to meet a ton of characters (and wait in line) DHS is really just a half day park now IMHO. This is especially true if you fastpass your 3 attractions.

I agree. Unless it's your first time and you want to see all the shows. This is why we love hoppers. Honestly, the only full day park for us is MK. The nice thing about hoppers is you can ride your favorites at least a couple times with hoppers (early one morning then FP for another afternoon).

Just noticed something mind-boggling...

if you add up the duration of all the attractions listed above (except Dis Jr and B&B because I could not find them) it totals 2Hrs and 40 minutes. Any other time is spent walking, eating, shopping or in line...

Just noticed something mind-boggling...

if you add up the duration of all the attractions listed above (except Dis Jr and B&B because I could not find them) it totals 2Hrs and 40 minutes. Any other time is spent walking, eating, shopping or in line...
Wow - thanks. I have a hopper- so this is what I was thinking.

It is *NOT* A half day for my family. We were there in February and still didn't see everything (but did see everything we wanted to see) and we don't ride TOT or RnR.

The shows make things tricky because they have a set schedule so you have to fit them in.

Admittedly, we did spent a fair amount of time on the streets of America because we knew it'd be our last time there, but we could've easily filled that hour with something else (we didn't see BATB or LM or Disney Jr) and we could've spent much more time in the Launch Bay.

I also think HS is one of the best places for character meet and greets. The "big guys" seem to have shorter lines here than many other places.

Essentially all that's newly closed is Streets of America and Lights Motor Action and honestly, last few times I was there, there weren't many people (relatively) in either anyway!!!

If you have NEVER been there it is not a "half day park".

There is a lot closed at DHS, but still plenty to do and see. Frankly, all the really closed recently was some areas you walked through and ONE show.

If you take your time, enjoy the park and do fun extras (Star Wars Launch Bay, meet characters, have a fun meal at one of the many restaurants) you can easily spend all day there.

When you try and fit in the timing of all the show, that along can eat up a day.
All the rides except the Great Movie Ride are great for multiple rides in one day.
There is a fun night show as well.

But if yo uare just trying to "check off" the list of attractions and skip a few of the shows .. sure .. you can be done in a day.
There is more to do, see and experience at WDW theme parks than just riding the rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter