Hollywood Studios Hat Removal

in7k9l.jpg

I'm torn. I didn't hate the Hat like a lot of others...but it'll be so nice to see the theater again

I'd really like it to be gone Tuesday while I'm there.

From the looks of the current pictures and they usually seem to do work tuesday thru thursday, Monday and weekend pictures appear to be the same from what I've seen on twitter, my guess would be they will be finished by the end of february plus they have to remove the concrete base. Also the walls are likely to remain up for awhile if they are going to be building a permanent stage in time for Star Wars weekends

Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Um they're not putting an attraction there no space really but apparently they are going to build a permanent stage with lighting more out of the way from guest view when it's not in use sort of like with the castle stage in the MK. At least that's the current rumor.

And that is just a rumor. There has been no permit filed to build anything in it's place as of right now. There is a permit that is in place to demolish the Hat. Nothing to rebuild anything. Time will tell, but, not set up yet.

I was there yesterday..the picture above pretty much is where it was at and we were told there is nothing going in its place :confused3

I admit I'm sad about it's departure, but I trust that Disney has bigger and better plans for HS!

Kinda a small thing but the WDW website's Parks & Tickets tab now has a ToT icon next to DHS' park hours. It replaced the Hat.

Finally!

I visited WDW for the second time the year the hat went up and at the time I thought it was kind of cool for a temporary thing. And then it stayed...and stayed...and stayed. Never matched the theme of the rest of the park entrance area, blocked the view of what should have been their icon (though at this point ToT is probably more recognizable). Glad to see it go.

I have to say that it is quite impressive the seriousness of the hat structure given as people have said it was meant to be temporary decoration and not a permanent fixture in Hollywood Studios.

I was really expecting the hat to come down fast. Much like Disney changes the parks from Halloween to Christmas in a couple of days.

The more pictures I see of the deconstruction of the hat and the time it is taking, you can see how structurally well it was made for something originally envisioned to be temporary.

I can not wait to see that clean view of the theater again the way I first saw it years ago. Back to the golden age of movies! :wizard:

....hey there, dude.....okay, so I am NOT going crazy then.....thanks, old friend! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter