Hollywood Studios Early Entry Plan

teetee830

"If you can dream it you can do it."~Walt Disney
Plan of Hollywood Studios Early Entry. Assuming we have ILL for Rise and LL for Slinky Dog. Our next priorites for rides would be Rock 'n Roller Coaster, it will be my son's first time riding. So I'm thinking for Early Entry we would head toward sunset blvd instead of Toy Story Land or Galaxy's Edge. If we do that should we ride Tower of Terror first or Rock 'n Roller Coaster?

Plan of Hollywood Studios Early Entry. Assuming we have ILL for Rise and LL for Slinky Dog. Our next priorites for rides would be Rock 'n Roller Coaster, it will be my son's first time riding. So I'm thinking for Early Entry we would head toward sunset blvd instead of Toy Story Land or Galaxy's Edge. If we do that should we ride Tower of Terror first or Rock 'n Roller Coaster?
So fun! When are you going? RnRC is closing on February 20 for refurbishment for 3-6 months. If you time it right, you can pretty much walk onto RnRC then hop in line for ToT.

So fun! When are you going? RnRC is closing on February 20 for refurbishment for 3-6 months. If you time it right, you can pretty much walk onto RnRC then hop in line for ToT.
Thanks for the reply we're going Saturday!

Thanks for the reply we're going Saturday!
Have the best time!! Your plan is good. It's what I did a few months ago. I went for early entry on a Friday morning and was able to do all this in 3.5 hours with a mix of shorter lines and G+:

4x on RnRC
3x on ToT
3x on Slinky Dog
1 MMRR

When we were there for spring break we did this. We did TOT first and had a very minimal wait for rnrc after. We even rode rnrc twice in a row. The second time maybe waiting five minutes. Then we went to mmrr and waited about a half hour. Got there as they were opening the park for off site so if we would’ve just done rnrc once we could’ve probably been on it quicker.

Another day we did sdd then rnrc then tot. Rnrc was maybe about 10-15 minutes but tot was about an hour by the time we got there.

Waits for Tower of Terror have been much longer recently than Rock n Roller Coaster.

For example, this morning at 8:50 am, Rock n Roller Coaster was only 10 minutes, while Tower of Terror was 50 minutes.

I would do Tower of Terror first to minimize waits.

I always do Tower first then RNRC. Tower waits can build very badly very quickly when only 1 shaft is running.

Hands down, Tower first. The lines for that build faster and get longer way quicker. A couple of weeks ago we hit Tower first, it opened late during early entry, and we still walked on RnRC.

Thanks for all the suggestions. After looking at morning wait times today I was leaning towards Tower first y'all just helped solidify my plan.

That's what we did on New Year's Day at Studios. We had the Rise ILL and had already booked SDD on Genie+, so we went directly to Sunset Blvd. The park was supposed to open at 8:30, early entry at 8:00. We got through the gates by 7:30 and were lined up along Sunset Blvd. There were 2 lines - one for RNRC and one for ToT. They took us back to RNRC well before 8:00 and we walked all the way through the queue, rode it, got off, and circled around to ride it again and it was still only 7:55. Afterwards, we went to ToT and we did have to wait probably 30-40 minutes. I didn't know that they were running at half capacity until we got to the elevators. Until we got close to the front of the queue, they weren't even running 2 elevators, just 1. I think we were in the first group on the second elevator.

But it was definitely a solid plan, even on such a busy day. We went from ToT to Runaway Railway and only waited about 30 minutes for that. We were able to do everything we wanted to do by 5:00 or so, despite it being so busy. We did Star Tours, Smuggler's Run, Muppet movie, Railway, Toy Story Mania, and SDD and the longest we waited standby was probably 45 minutes. We used Genie+, stacking the rides as we could book again, and felt like we had a great day there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter