• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hollywood studios after hours?

Wow—I get that they want to keep their options open by not promising ToT and RnRC, but I decided not to pull the trigger partly based on the prospect of not having them, and if they'd advertised them I might have decided differently.

After Hours was awesome and totally worth the price of admission. My wife and I had at least $50 each worth of snacks alone (Disney prices, and we took some extras back to our hotel), and we did ROTR 3 times, all walk on (couldn't believe that!), MMRR x2 (waited about 15 mins but that was just after 9pm and there were still regular guests, 2nd time was walk on, just before 12:30pm), MFSR (waited about 25 mins, the longest wait of the night), and TSM (walk on). I'd totally do another one if we had the opportunity to. Here's a couple of pics of the "crowds".

IMG_2560.jpgIMG_2565.jpgIMG_2564.jpg

After Hours was awesome and totally worth the price of admission. My wife and I had at least $50 each worth of snacks alone (Disney prices, and we took some extras back to our hotel), and we did ROTR 3 times, all walk on (couldn't believe that!), MMRR x2 (waited about 15 mins but that was just after 9pm and there were still regular guests, 2nd time was walk on, just before 12:30pm), MFSR (waited about 25 mins, the longest wait of the night), and TSM (walk on). I'd totally do another one if we had the opportunity to. Here's a couple of pics of the "crowds".

View attachment 730033View attachment 730032View attachment 730031
Oh wow! So glad to hear! We are taking our 6.5 year old! How was SDD Line?

At 10:00 it said 25 min and was oof in 20 minutes. At 11:40 it said 20 minutes and was off in about 12 minutes.

This looks great and happy that I got these tickets for February. A question is if it is worth getting there at 7? There does not seem like there is any point on waiting on long lines to go on a ride so what do you do for 2.5 hrs? Thanks

The official Disney page doesn't guarantee them; it just mentions Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story rides and then concludes "... and many more!" But they used to be included in 2019. This TouringPlans page says they are included... but maybe that's because the page existed in 2019 and they just updated the dates? I'm hoping to goodness they are, because I'm planning to combine AH with a single park-hopping day, so that AH amounts to "an extra half-day ticket" to not have to worry about HS the next day.

Also, note on this thread: You can enter the park at 7pm, so you can ride anything in the park along with regular guests before close time.

I had the same question but figured both would be operating. They were indeed last night!

The event was amazing! I had so much fun. I arrived quite late around 10pm and still did all the big rides, except that I chose to skip Toy Story Mania. That would’ve have been necessary if I had arrived 30-60 minutes earlier and then I could done that ride (or some others) another 2–4 times. But I did Rock N Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror twice, once on arrival and again on my way out.

This looks great and happy that I got these tickets for February. A question is if it is worth getting there at 7? There does not seem like there is any point on waiting on long lines to go on a ride so what do you do for 2.5 hrs? Thanks
My family and I are going on 1/25 and plan on getting there around 6:45pm to check in. I made a dinner reservation for 7pm at 50’s Prime Time and I hope we can see Fantasmic! At 8pm.

I would have liked to have been there a bit early, but I don't know if the extra 2 hours would make a big difference. Most of the rides were open so unless you really want to do the Muppets or something like that, you're spending time waiting in lines for rides you could go on without waiting later that night.

Do the After Hours events cause lower crowds during the days that they occur? I have our HS day planned on a Wed so I'm wondering if that will help at all with the crowd level.

Ya , I did Muppets and star tours and grabbed a beer and walked some shops. I saw a guy next to me in line at 7 with LLs lined up...so you could purchase G+...perhaps if its a low $15 day it may be worth it to some people???

My family and I are going on 1/25 and plan on getting there around 6:45pm to check in. I made a dinner reservation for 7pm at 50’s Prime Time and I hope we can see Fantasmic! At 8pm.
Same here! Although our dinner reservation is for 740. Maybe I'll look for an earlier reservation, although fantasmic isn't a must for us. Maybe just take our time at dinner and hit up muppets before closing.

The general strategy is to do things that are not open during after hours. In Hollywood Studios that list is short because I think most stage shows are done by 7PM, but if there are any after 7, that would be something to do since they aren't available during after hours.
An 8PM-ish showing of Fantasmic! could also be worthwhile.
Muppets and Star Tours would be pre-party things I would consider since the waits on them won't be bad during park hours and then you won't waste precious party time on them.
Or just walk around and soak up the atmosphere since you know you have After Hours coming up.

Can you tell me around what time and where you saw the star wars characters? Chewy is my daughter favorite :-) thanks so much!!

I believe when I glanced over it was closed. That whole courtyard was I think.

Can you tell me around what time and where you saw the star wars characters? Chewy is my daughter favorite :-) thanks so much!!
It was probably around 10pm in the walkway with all the shops between ROTR and MFSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter