Holidays with the Mouse! A December 2012 PTR - Updated 10/25, ADRs posted!

ohdisco

Excited!
Hi readers!

This PTR is about a very special WDW trip I have planned for my dad, my best friend Billie, and I for December 2012! The way I see WDW is go big or go home, and we've gone big this time!

This trip has actually been a long time coming. The last time I went to Disney World was in 2010, and lemme tell you, 2 1/2 years between WDW vacations is wayyyy too long! I was supposed to go last year for Christmas, but I started having health issues that got in the way. Then, my DH, my DBFF, and my DFIL all moved to the pacific northwest from the bay area in California, and we were given the opportunity to take a grand vacation this year! Unfortunately in the move my DH had to transfer his job and they wouldn't give him the time off 8( so it's just Billie, dad, and I!

I hope to make some friends in this PTR and get some great advice for our trip!

Onto introductions!!

Lemme introduce you to a few cast members that will be present in this PTR:

3LFJNl.jpg

That's me in gingerbread scented snow at Disneyland! My name is Brianna, and I'm a 24 year old stay-at-home wife. In my spare time I play with my puppies Ramona (a chihuahua) and Sammy (a golden retriever), take pictures on nature walks, take care of the household, and garden. I've loved Disney for as long as I can remember, and have gone to Disneyland more times than I can count. I've been to WDW 2 other times, once with my momma, my cousin Mary, and my boyfriend (now husband) Eric, and once with my auntie Karen for a memorial for my mom who passed away in 2010. I am the (over)planner of trips, with charts, spreadsheets, and notebooks filled with information about this trip! I'm also a Christmas fanatic, so this trip is making me crazy with anticipation!
Favorite resort: GF, because it's a deluxe with a 24-hour food area
Favorite park: EPCOT
Favorite character: Mickey and Cinderella

mPyMKl.jpg

That's my best friend in the whole entire world, Billie! She would absolutely murder me for using this picture, but it makes me laugh and gives you a great look into her personality! She's 26 year old veterinary technician who hadn't been to Disneyland until I took her for Christmas last year. Since then she has been anxious to get back to a Disney park! She has never been to WDW, so I am planning on making this a trip she'll never forget!
Favorite character: Tinkerbell

394435_3884352180639_1378123292_n.jpg

That's my dad, Justin! He's actually my father-in-law, but he's the only father I've ever known. He and I have pretty much the same sense of humor. He's a 54 year old retired computer technician. He's been going to Disney forever, and loves Disney! He's been to Disney World before for work, but has never been with his family.
Favorite character: Tigger

next post...resort and dates!

So, when we were looking for the perfect place to celebrate, I knew we had to be in one of the monorail hotel. In my opinion, they're the most convenient hotels, and they've got great themes! I'd already been to the Grand Floridian, and while it was absolutely beautiful it's not really the style that we go for (I went with my momma to the GF). I'm not a huge fan of the theme for the Contemporary, so we decided on

N5Fmr.png

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Once we decided on the resort, we had to pick dates. When I went in 2007, I went the 16th to the 22nd of December, and while it was pretty dead, I decided to I wanted to go a week earlier. Our original plan was 9th to the 15th. Then we watched a special on Disney World. Billie and dad had never heard of Victoria and Albert's, and when they saw it on the special they immediately asked if we could go. I looked up to see if we could get an ADR for it, but the only dinner availability was for the 15th, the night we were leaving. I mulled it over, researching how much more it would be for one more night, and figured that it would be okay to stay one more night, changing our reservation to the 9th through the 16th.

Three days ago I started looking at my flights and I absolutely LOATHED them. We were flying from Seattle to Newark, and then Newark to Orlando, adding 3 hours that didn't need to be there. Our flight home was similar, flying from Orlando to San Francisco, and then SF to Seattle. I looked into how much it would be different to change our flights, and I found out that it would be 1500 dollars to change our flights if we left on Sunday the 16th! Curiosity hit me, and I looked at what flight changes would cost if we left on Monday, and they were DRASTICALLY lower. I got on the phone with Disney to see how much more it would be to add ONE more day, and the price of changing the flights to ones I wanted AND adding another night (plus deluxe dining and park hopper tickets) was 1500 dollars! When I heard that I squealed a little bit and said, "Done!"

So, all in all, we leave at 6:09 in the morning from Seattle, stopping for 55 minutes in Houston, and flying the rest of the way to get to Orlando at 4:40 on the 9th, and we leave Orlando for Denver at 3:42, stopping for about 2 hours, and getting into Seattle around 9pm on the 17th!

next up...ADRs!!

The first time I went to WDW, my momma paid OOP for all our meals. It adds up really quickly, and when I was planning my second trip I knew I had to do a DP, but which one? My auntie and I weren't real big on riding rides, but we love to sit, eat, and talk. With that in mind, I decided to do the deluxe dining. After that trip, I told myself I would never do any other dining plan! It was perfect for the type of people I usually go with, who are huge foodies and LOVE to eat!

We're going to be at the World for 9 days, so we have 24 TS meal credits and 16 snack credits. So far, these are my ADRs:

Sunday December 9th
California Grill @ 9:25pm (so we can see the fireworks from MVMCP!)

Monday December 10th
Biergarten @ 12:35pm
Le Cellier @ 6:15pm

Tuesday December 11th (MVMCP night)
Cinderella's Royal Table @ 9:05am
Liberty Tree Tavern @ 6:15pm
Dessert Party @ 8:50pm (I might be getting rid of this because I've read that it takes away from the MVMCP)

Wednesday December 12th
Tusker House Restaurant @ 12:35pm
Rose & Crown Candlelight Processional Package @ 5:00pm for the 8:15pm showing

Thursday December 13th
Via Napoli @ 11:30am
Spirit of Aloha Luau @ 5:15pm

Friday December 14th
Hollywood Brown Derby @ 12:00pm
Sci-Fi Dine In @ 6:30pm

Saturday December 15th
Victoria & Albert's @ 5:15pm

Sunday December 16th
Grand Floridian Cafe @ 9:05am
San Angel Inn @ 6:45pm

Monday December 17th
'Ohana @ 10:25am

I'm pretty happy with my ADRs so far, but I may add some breakfasts, and I'm calling Disney Dining everyday to see if I can get a Be Our Guest dinner!

Next up...the plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter