Holiday Wishes?!?!

PlutoTheDog89

DIS Veteran
Just checked the calendar for Christmas week and Holiday Wishes is listed in place of Happily Ever After. Could this be an error, or has my wish been granted?!?

Just checked the calendar for Christmas week and Holiday Wishes is listed in place of Happily Ever After. Could this be an error, or has my wish been granted?!?
It’s the standard scheduling for Christmas Week - all things Christmas take over the daily operations of MK.

Unless it's a website error, the show is on the schedule this year as Holiday Wishes during that time.... which used to be what they did every year until last year when they ran HEA during that week. I too am hopeful it is accurate and glad to see Holiday Wishes return that week.

It’s the standard scheduling for Christmas Week - all things Christmas take over the daily operations of MK.

Except for last year... Last year was HEA during Christmas week (boo!).

I'm VERY much hoping the schedule is correct and we get Holiday Wishes this year!

Except for last year... Last year was HEA during Christmas week (boo!).

I'm VERY much hoping the schedule is correct and we get Holiday Wishes this year!

Last year we saw the holiday show on Dec 28th and Dec 31st, so it wasn't all HEA.

Boo. Our first park day is the 30th and Holiday Wishes will be over. Was hoping to see it last year but only saw HEA.

Boo. Our first park day is the 30th and Holiday Wishes will be over. Was hoping to see it last year but only saw HEA.

Are you onsite before the 30th? We do not always book the party, however we always make plans to see Holiday Wishes from outside the park. I usually have dinner booked and watch from that location, however that week is probably already booked solid. I have heard the view from Ticket and transportation center is very good.

Are you onsite before the 30th? We do not always book the party, however we always make plans to see Holiday Wishes from outside the park. I usually have dinner booked and watch from that location, however that week is probably already booked solid. I have heard the view from Ticket and transportation center is very good.

Yes, we arrive on the 29th and I had similar thoughts, but it looks like the fireworks will be at 10pm so any thoughts of an early night so that we can start early on the 30th will not be possible. We have a 6 am flight so I think the kids will be beat by that hour.

Yes, we arrive on the 29th and I had similar thoughts, but it looks like the fireworks will be at 10pm so any thoughts of an early night so that we can start early on the 30th will not be possible. We have a 6 am flight so I think the kids will be beat by that hour.

Yeah, unless they crash in the afternoon, they will be exhausted.

Unless it's a website error, the show is on the schedule this year as Holiday Wishes during that time.... which used to be what they did every year until last year when they ran HEA during that week. I too am hopeful it is accurate and glad to see Holiday Wishes return that week.

After going 8 of the last 9 years, we really missed Holiday Wishes. I enjoy HEA, but it took away from the holiday feel. This will be our last Xmas trip for a little while, so I'm excited that we get to see it one last time.

Is it confirmed that it will be holiday wishes. I was looking on the website today and it was looking like they have Holiday Wishes and HEA both scheduled at 10pm the week between Christmas and New Year.

HEA has not been on the schedule before this weekend. Previously, only HW was listed. We arrive the 29th and were looking forward to watching HW from BLT. Doesn't look promising.

When I was there 2 years ago, they ran Holiday Wishes the week between Christmas-New Years. Last year they ran happily Ever After due to it being new.

For those wondering about Holiday Wishes that week, there is one thing you should note. They DO NOT do the 180-degree fireworks finale that week. I learned that when I was there two years ago. You can only see the 180-degree fireworks finale at the party or if they run it as the first show on December 30th and 31st. However, it looks like they are doing 2 showings of Fantasy in the Sky on Dec. 30th and 31st this year like they did last year.

Disney might still decide to do the 180-degree fireworks finale, but just be aware that it might not happen.

HEA has not been on the schedule before this weekend. Previously, only HW was listed. We arrive the 29th and were looking forward to watching HW from BLT. Doesn't look promising.

We are at the Contemporary in a theme park view from Christmas Eve, I was so looking forward to watching HW in my Christmas jammies on the balcony on my first night.

Fingers crossed it still happens.

I guess they have no clue wether they'll show one or the other, as HEA appears scheduled at the same time a HW for the whole week. They might even show both one after the other, but that would be pretty unlikely. Judging they are open until midnight with Extra Magic Hours, they should do both, one at 10 pm and one at midnight... but that I believe is also unlikely. I guess we'll need to wait until they clear it up. There is only one Dessert Party up for reservation so I'm guessing it will be just one of the 2.

I’m having dreams of HEA with a Holiday Wishes tag. Like Illuminations with the holiday tag.

Now that would be sweet. :-)

(Extremely unlikely, but would be cool none-the-less).

I really hope it's Holiday Wishes due to the rarity. If it turns out not to be then maybe we'll go earlier as then it'd be the same difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter