• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday Tour

wackywexler

Grew up going to Disneyland, first time WDW & DCL
We took the Holiday Tour using our annual passholder's discount so the tickets were $39 per person and there were five of us. The cost was $200 and in my opinion was not worth it. The tour itself was not very informative and certainly not about Walt Disney very much, more about how different countries like to celebrate the holidays. Our tourguide Betsy was cute and perky and I imagine it was just the material she was given to work with but it just was not very interesting. I spoke to another woman on the tour who has been on two other guided tours of Disneyland, as this was our first I asked her if this was typically how they went, she said, "No, this one is awful!". The highlight was the priority parade seating with hot cocoa, rice krispie treat and pin. By the time the parade was over we had been on tour 3 and a half hours plus our 1/2 more they asked us to check in ahead of time. It was not time well spent. I am not giving up though and plan to take another tour in the near future hopefully with better results.

P.S. Many did find it neat that since one of our tour members was in a wheelchair that we were able to ride the Haunted Mansion Holiday all the way through and back around to where you get on the doom buggy giving us a brief glimpse back stage as well as getting to go back up the stretching elevator. This would not be part of the normal tour, it was just our particular
group circumstances

I would also not reccomend this time of day for a tour with children. We had a 4:45pm tour (so that my husband could join us after work) and we were not done till about 8:30pm. You basically have to eat dinner at 3:30pm or be hungry halfway through the tour. We had churros at 4:30pm but they did not tide us over for long and my 8 year old son was whining for a pretzel by 6pm. The snack was provided at 7:45pm. Just an FYI.

If any of you have taken a Disneyland guided tour you could recommend I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks for your review. Our group will be doing this on Christmas Day! Will bring snacks for the kids to tide them over! I might even pack samwiches!

If you get a chance, the Walk in Walts Footsteps is a great tour! I think it will give you more of the type of information that you are looking for!

Unfortunately, DL has stopped doing their other tours during this holiday season. It would be too difficult to conduct these tours due to the heavy crowds!

Merry Christmas!

janet

We took the From Imagination to Celebration tour this past October and loved it. Lots of great info & priority seating for the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter