• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday Resort Tour

mustachspot

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes. We are coming down right after Thanksgiving and want to tour the different resorts to see all the Christmas decorations. Does anyone know of a printable itinerary for this kind of thing? I have googled until my googler is sore.

I don't know if there's a specific itinerary out there, but in my opinion the best decorations are at the deluxe resorts!

Wilderness Lodge is hands down the best, but be sure to visit the Fort Wilderness campground also! Campers go all out decorating RVs and golf carts.

Yeah, I have been searching the blogger sites, and I have found a couple, but nothing printable. I am a paper person, like to have it in my hands and not looking at a screen.

Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes. We are coming down right after Thanksgiving and want to tour the different resorts to see all the Christmas decorations. Does anyone know of a printable itinerary for this kind of thing? I have googled until my googler is sore.
Since deluxe seems to have the most Christmas decorations, maybe print a map of WDW and circle all of the deluxe resorts?
Then you should be able to plan a resort tour of the deluxe resorts on WDW to see their decorations.

You might need to make your own itinerary. Maybe group them around parks - MK resorts (including WL), Epcot resorts. that should help you hit most of the deluxes except for AKL. not sure if Riviera is worth a decorations visit, but it's easy to get to on skyliner from the Epcot area.

Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Animal kingdom Lodge are the must dos for our family! We tend to book a meal at their restaurants and then go a little early to soak in the vibe and get pics. So we do each resort by itself.

Question- We are staying at AOA and I would love to get over to Grand Floridan to see the Christmas decor. Can we just go there via Disney transportation (bus/monorail) to go there to see the Christmas stuff? Or will we need a dining reservation?

Question- We are staying at AOA and I would love to get over to Grand Floridan to see the Christmas decor. Can we just go there via Disney transportation (bus/monorail) to go there to see the Christmas stuff? Or will we need a dining reservation?
I would say jump on a bus to the Magic Kingdom then take the monorail over. You could check out the Contemporary and Polynesian as well.

As long as you use Disney transportation, you're free to visit any resort without reservations

You might need to make your own itinerary. Maybe group them around parks - MK resorts (including WL), Epcot resorts. that should help you hit most of the deluxes except for AKL. not sure if Riviera is worth a decorations visit, but it's easy to get to on skyliner from the Epcot area.

Second this. Take a bus MK. Monorail for Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and Contemporary. Finish the resort loop back at MK and take a boat to Fort Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge (you might want to take a rideshare between these two resorts if you're short on time).

From there, there's two ways you can go: take a bus to Hollywood Studios and use the Skyliner to get to the International Gateway entrance of Epcot so you can take the boats to the Boardwalk (you can stop at Riviera on the way). Or you can take a bus to Epcot, and grab a resort bus to any of the Boardwalk resorts. It depends on the time of day. Buses tend to be slow in the middle of the day and the Skyliner is fun on it's own anyway, so that's the route I would choose.

AKL has awesome decor, but what usually a better move is to have lunch or dinner there on your Animal Kingdom day (AK is about a half day park at this point anyway).

Be sure to check out the gingerbread displays at GF and YC/BC. They are both amazing. And, there will be one in Epcot at the American Pavilion.

So now we have our tour outline, I was thinking af adding a “pub crawl” to it. Having a libation at each resort. Question is, will they have special refreshments available near the gingerbread displays? Some of the lounges don’t open until 3pm or later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter