Holiday plans

With all of the changes Disney is making and direction they are headed, I would fully expect that they will announce something in August/September, but it will not be what it used to be. I expect Disney will use this as an opportunity to kill the Christmas party and Candlelight Processional and bring in something more secular, yet very $$$ focused.

Last edited:
With all of the changes Disney is making and direction they are headed, I would fully expect that they will announce something in August/September, but it will not be what it used to be. I expect Disney will use this as an opportunity to kill the Christmas party and Candlelight Processional and bring in something more secular, yet very $$$ focused.
I would hope they don’t kill the candlelight processional. I suspect that was a decent money maker for them as it was a preset price based on the restaurant you went to and it has been a tradition since Disney World has opened. This would sadden me as we have always done the CP when we go over the holidays.

CP is/was free, price was for meal/priority seating package. As long as Disney thinks they’ll make money they’ll keep mvmcp and CP, though will most likely increase prices. I recently found a ticket from 1997 xmas party and it was $27! 0093D302-3A68-4826-8DD1-2346F706BB92.jpeg32C91D7E-0EB6-4F45-9F2F-5D340CB824C0.jpeg

I would hope they don’t kill the candlelight processional. I suspect that was a decent money maker for them as it was a preset price based on the restaurant you went to and it has been a tradition since Disney World has opened. This would sadden me as we have always done the CP when we go over the holidays.
Night of Joy sold out every single year. They killed it. I wrote in and asked why. I have the email in my yahoo somewhere. The lady who replied told me that it had a great run for 30 years, but no longer fits the Disney image. Yep! She said that! I suspect Disney will kill CP in time. They do it in phases for all things the cut. They removed the word Christmas from the party title. The next will most likely be the remove "Christmas" from the Fireworks title. CP will be changed into something else so they still make money on the dining, but I suspect it will be something more secular. I made friends with somebody who works in the Burbank office....a position where knowledge exists. I am not going to say anything that could cause problems for anybody, but it is coming.

Night of Joy sold out every single year. They killed it. I wrote in and asked why. I have the email in my yahoo somewhere. The lady who replied told me that it had a great run for 30 years, but no longer fits the Disney image. Yep! She said that! I suspect Disney will kill CP in time. They do it in phases for all things the cut. They removed the word Christmas from the party title. The next will most likely be the remove "Christmas" from the Fireworks title. CP will be changed into something else so they still make money on the dining, but I suspect it will be something more secular. I made friends with somebody who works in the Burbank office....a position where knowledge exists. I am not going to say anything that could cause problems for anybody, but it is coming.
That really is a bummer if it is true they may do away with CP. That was a tradition that we always saw it on Christmas Eve when we were at Disney. I did notice they removed Christmas from the Christmas party. I’m all for inclusiveness, but they seem to be thoroughly destroying the good parts of Disney. I wonder if any of the storytellers will return either then since that may not be considered inclusive. I mean the whole festival is to show how different countries and cultures celebrate the holidays. To me that seems rather inclusive.

That really is a bummer if it is true they may do away with CP. That was a tradition that we always saw it on Christmas Eve when we were at Disney. I did notice they removed Christmas from the Christmas party. I’m all for inclusiveness, but they seem to be thoroughly destroying the good parts of Disney. I wonder if any of the storytellers will return either then since that may not be considered inclusive. I mean the whole festival is to show how different countries and cultures celebrate the holidays. To me that seems rather inclusive.
In Disney's effort to be "inclusive", they have become quite exclusive.

In Disney's effort to be "inclusive", they have become quite exclusive.
It is kind of sad that their claims of inclusiveness is almost having the opposite effect, and I wonder how much longer before it really starts eating into their bottom line. Like I said earlier, they almost don’t want any of us who have gone in the past to enjoy the certain offerings that had been there forever. Makes you wonder what Walt would be saying right now.

I feel Disney World is going to be insane for this holiday season. The parks are already always packed during December. But then you throw in the people that are backed up from not being able to travel last year plus the whole 50th anniversary thing, and I'm sure we are going to see insane crowds. But I'm gladly going to join it haha.

I feel Disney World is going to be insane for this holiday season. The parks are already always packed during December. But then you throw in the people that are backed up from not being able to travel last year plus the whole 50th anniversary thing, and I'm sure we are going to see insane crowds. But I'm gladly going to join it haha.
That's why I am goin after Thanksgiving and the first few days of December.

I DM'd Disney guest services about what if the usa borders were still shut to the uk in December and i had a ticket that couldn't be used, could i get credit as i would be rebooking and wouldn't want a refund and they said no to credit but yes to a refund. Fingers crossed it won't come to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter