Holiday Options

forsberg21

Earning My Ears
We are visiting Nov 24-29 and will splurge on 1 holiday extra for our party of 8 including DD16, DD14, and DS9. Which of these 3 options would you choose?
1) MVMCP 11/27
2) Toy Story Extra Morning Magic 11/28
3) Candlelight Processional Dining Package 11/28
Or is there another extra that we should consider? We did MVMCP in 2010 but the kiddos don't remember it. Never done Toy Story or Candlelight.
Thanks!

If holiday entertainment is what you're really after.... Candlelight Processional. In my humble opinion.

If you've never done the Candlelight Processional before, do that. You should make it a point to do it once in your lifetime. It's extra special if you have a great narrator.
If I had to choose between the CP and MVMCP, it's CP hands down.

I’d do the party. You can try and see CLP for free if you’re willing to wait. Also consider HEA dessert pArty, we love not having to stress over finding a spot or the view. Love it!

Well I have never had a problem watching CLP, you might have to stand, but it amazing and really puts you in the Christmas spirit. I think your family is too old to spend the money on Toy Story land. The Christmas party is fun and your kids are probably at the age where they really like rides. So I would go for that. Just my opinion, but an extra in general is not necessary to have a great time. They might prefer a little extra money for souvenirs. I have done a lot of extras over the years with just two people and I can't imagine justifying the cost for a family of five. Most of the extras I have done including Plaza dessert party, Jingle Jam dessert party, FEA dessert party, and the Christmas party I have come away pretty unimpressed for the amount of dollars it costs. I am staying away from them from now on.

There are definitely arguments in favor of each, but my biggest piece of advice would be to involve your kids in the decision. I have older teens and when presented with a similar choice I was really surprised by how adamantly they insisted on doing EMM in TSL. The Toy Story movies were a huge part of their childhood and they really wanted the chance to experience it with lower crowds.

For the age groups of your kids, I would pick MVMCP. The kids will love riding the rides without any wait, the parade is amazing and it' such a fun atmosphere. We have done the processional a few times (for me to see NPH!) and my DH and DD have been completely bored every time. It's just a bunch of people standing still singing Christmas songs and a narrator telling the Christmas story. It's nice...but not something my child or husband enjoyed. DD was 10 the 1st time and 13 the 2nd time.

I’d do the party. You can try and see CLP for free if you’re willing to wait. Also consider HEA dessert pArty, we love not having to stress over finding a spot or the view. Love it!
Yes, this is weighing heavy in my decision (free CLP) and really worry that it could be a bit boring for a couple in our group. Thanks!

MVMCP , hands down. The parade, the shows, the cookies, lower wait times on rides, special photos ops... I love the CP but you can wait in line and see for free. TSL is cute but your kids are older and the area is small.

We are visiting Nov 24-29 and will splurge on 1 holiday extra for our party of 8 including DD16, DD14, and DS9. Which of these 3 options would you choose?
1) MVMCP 11/27
2) Toy Story Extra Morning Magic 11/28
3) Candlelight Processional Dining Package 11/28
Or is there another extra that we should consider? We did MVMCP in 2010 but the kiddos don't remember it. Never done Toy Story or Candlelight.
Thanks!
This work be my ranking of preference.
  1. MVMCP 11/27
  2. Toy Story Extra Morning Magic 11/28
  3. Candlelight Processional Dining Package 11/28
The MVMCP is great, the Christmas parade is my favorite and Holiday Wishes is a great show. The stage shows are get as well. If You Story Land is a must do for your family, EMM might allow you to get rides in without needing to obtain FPs. You also don't necessarily need the CP dining package. You can line up early to get seats or what we do is just listen near the American Adventure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter