• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday Inn Universal...opinions from those who have stayed there

Lucky'sMom

DIS Veteran
I would love some opinions on this hotel. I'm trying to decide between a one-bedroom suite here vs. HRH deluxe room. We have 3 small children. How long a walk would it be from the HI to the gates of US/IOA? How's the pool for small children, do they have a nice kiddie pool? Any other features that would be great for our kids? We will be going late Jan/early Feb. so I'm hoping HI offers their annual BOGO free offer again this year. Are the rooms newly refurbished or looking old? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I haven't stayed at either one, so I won't be much help, but I can tell you that I don't think you want to walk to Universal from HI (especially with small children). The road is several lanes and pretty heavily traveled. Since I'm a Priority Club member, I like to stay at HI whenever I get the chance, but the Hard Rock Hotel has had some great reviews. One of the best parts for small kids is that the pool seems to be rather shallow (4 feet maximum depth, I think) and very well-themed. Of course, staying onsite will increase your meal costs (I think HI has a kitchen in the 1BR suites). You might also want to try the Universal board for more help.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter